What Figs would you like to see?

gerzel

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, oooh. The Guild needs a Lawyer too. :D

You Are EVIL!

But then again a Judge Roy Bean type for the Guild would fit in quite well. . .

Please, oh please run w/ this idea.

A support master/mistress who is a lawyer - I would play that. What would the focus be? Not melee, not range, not really summoning, maybe manipulation like Pandora?

Arcanists don't really have WP spells (except for Marcus). So M&SU lawyer who can cast Mob Mentality on the unreleased 2-3 point Mineworker models? Obey/Persuade? Flatter to draw targets close (not as creative as Undress, but you get the idea).

Lawyers may not be as zany as the circus, cultists or faeries, but could definitely fit in w/ Guild & Arcanists.

Please, oh please run w/ this idea.

A support master/mistress who is a lawyer - I would play that. What would the focus be? Not melee, not range, not really summoning, maybe manipulation like Pandora?

Arcanists don't really have WP spells (except for Marcus). So M&SU lawyer who can cast Mob Mentality on the unreleased 2-3 point Mineworker models? Obey/Persuade? Flatter to draw targets close (not as creative as Undress, but you get the idea).

Lawyers may not be as zany as the circus, cultists or faeries, but could definitely fit in w/ Guild & Arcanists.

Just to run with the idea, some sort of ability such as objection.

Once per turn the lawyer can prevent 1 Spell/Attack/Action being carried out by an opposing model.

Contempt of Court - Some sort of spell where the target model receives paralysed.

We do already have a judge though...

Edited by Chucklemonkey

Have to agree on the faeries, there are a number of games and manufacturers doing such things, including steampunk faeries as mentioned earlier.

Who makes steampunk faeries?

Also, I'd just like to mention nearly every idea in Malifaux has been done over and over again, the guys at Wyrd just put their own twist on things to make it unique. Just because something has been done before does not preclude it from being in Malifaux.

Also, I'd just like to mention nearly every idea in Malifaux has been done over and over again, the guys at Wyrd just put their own twist on things to make it unique. Just because something has been done before does not preclude it from being in Malifaux.

Nah, there's a point where it's too obvious, too often and too repetitive, while bringing too little "whoa" effect. Faeries are definitely there.

As for the lawyer Idea, I agree "Contempt of Court" sounds too Judge-y to give it to a lawyer.

How about "manipulate witness" (force enemy model to attack someone from his own crew).

You can also "prepare evidence" (tamper with counters and perhaps treasures on the table in some way).

And of course "cross question" (some sort of a debuff on the opponent).

As Neverborn characters are the stuff of dreams and fairy tales gone awry, a Neverborn Santa! Crew would include Jack Frost, Evil Reindeer, Frosty, maybe a hot Mistress Claus. Might work as a Ressurectionist too depending what one might pull out of that magic bag of his. Fun to maybe even have all the holidays represented... Father Time with a cool scythe, a Leprechaun, Easter Bunny... Might be much but a Christmas Themed army would be cool... Even if they came out as Twisted figs! But you gotta come out with an evil Jack in he Box!

Freebooter have Faeries coming out of their ears, but the steampunk ones in particular are the 2nd and 3rd pic on the following link.

http://www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk/freebooter-miniatures.asp?offset=80

They also have faeries, bad fairies and faeries of the wood. I don't play their game. Too many faeries.

Of course the lawyer would need the ability to hire hanged models at cost (previous clients).

I think it should work the other way around.

If the opponent's crew brings any undead, especially the hanged, or a Convict Gunslinger, the Lawyer can siphon X soulstones from the opponent's crew and add to his own, as an extra payment for his previous services.

You can call it "additional fees" or perhaps "unforseen costs". Wait, I know! "Execution-outliving dues"!

I agree.

Also more MS&U inclusions. Something other than the 3 available characters. For a large component of the Malifaux eccomomy and political climate the Union is very under represented. Maybe a Resser MS&U member with a Crooked Man theme or similar.

I would be interested in a basic Miner type costing 4 or 5, sort like the Death Marshal, Guild Guard and Witchling Stalkers for the Guild. Or the Crooked Man, Punk Zombie and Rotten Belles of the Resurrectionists.

A basic Steamfitter type would be nice as well.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Love the feel of the Neverborn. (Pandora= maiden, Lililth= mother z= crone) As a pagan it makes me happy. So a few ideas: The Horned Lord on horseback with Nine Black Wolves. A wicker man construct. A Nephilim human hybrid. (I don't think we need the details of how THAT would come into being!)

2. If Rasputina is ice can we get a Fire Arcanist? (perhaps Rasputina's sister? She's trained in the Guild and has come looking for her wayward younger sister. Determined to "save" her from December wheither she wants it or not)

3. MORE TEN THUNDERS!! and please keep them chinese themed.

For Neverborn, we already have the sorrows, which I painted blue as sorrows should be. When I showed a friend the "green" sorrows on the box, he said those should not be sorrows, those should be envys. I think if we did a different color minion for Pandora that would be cool.

Green = envy

Red = Rage

etc.

@Sleeper00 and wolfdaddy2002:

If only Sorrow had been one of the seven deadly sins I would have agreed with you that the idea is nice..

Also where do you get the colours from? I don't think the sins are originally associated with any specific colours.

And it actually gets a bit troublesome as most people probably associates both Lust and Wrath with the colour red.

Mmm, a circus? Maybe. What faction would they be? They could go creepy and be reader or Neverborn, or like an Outcast gypsy band. Or steampunk, and be Arcanist.

I've seen that Japanese girl they put in the Game Trade magazine, she would be an awesome resser master.

@Wodschow, actually you're right, sorrow isn't one of the deadly sins. My aplogies. Colors, I'm just making those up. It is kinda intuiative, but you're right in that not everyone will associate a color with one Woe. The idea is still good though.

I still like the idea of the seven dealy sins as models, Lust as something with lure, gloutony can eat other models, envoy, obay?, wrath could have damaging spell (possibly with explotions), Pride somthing involing the other sins, sloth could slow things and i can't remeber what the last one is