Henchmen Program Pre-Announcement

EricJ

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are picking up in my club. From the 3 original gamers we have a definite fourth (who's been the Warmachine National Champ for years and so carries a lot of weight amongst the younglings. If he's baggged it's only a matter of time), an almost definite 5th and a slew of others wanting demos. I think the crunch came last week after I exploded with joy when Rasputina killed Lilith with a very harsh Curse of December (red joker and moderate damage, she'd already been damaged from killing a Gamin). I've now got 5 starters painted and awaiting Nicodem.

I think I would definitely be interesting in doing this. I did a lot of volunteer work for other gaming companies, so this is definitely up my alley. I have already persuaded a few people in my group to pick up the game, so I have a solid base to work from. Now I just have to get the minis painted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just want to quickly weigh in and say, that as I've been teaching Malifaux to friends, I think it's worth picking two demo boxes with melee-orientated crews to begin with.

While the basic rules are pretty simple, many of the individual cards carry a lot of information and intricate rules which can be pretty confusing to new players.

If you've got two melee crews it's much easier to drop a number of special rules from each character and still have a decent game (whereas if you're matching melee to magic, for example, it's much harder to adapt to the needs of the learners without scuppering one of the sides :)).

When I download the form it says that when it was sreated it included the ability to enable adobe reader to have certain functions- the file has been changed and those functions are no longer valid. I'm guessing the "functions" included the ability to fill in the form- because I can not type on it anywhere! Can anyone help me?

MM

• 1 month later...