Cordelia

Bren

You have done a fantastic job painting this one.

I gotta agree about the sculpt - I don't like it. It is completely because of the gun too. This sculpt rides the fine line between awesome and totally ridiculous, and because of the completely awkward gun it ruins the sculpt for me. I think it would be great without it though.

Back to the actual painting and setting however....superbly done. The painting is great, and the atmosphere of the piece is very appropriate as well.

I love the sculpt, even the gun :D

I think it plays wonderfully with the dress.

As for the painting - hot damn I was blown away. Her expression is absolutely perfect! And the yellow suits the mood of the piece wonderfully, not to mention the super-tight execution of the colour. Really, really liking the overall atmosphere here.

I gotta agree about the sculpt - I don't like it. It is completely because of the gun too. This sculpt rides the fine line between awesome and totally ridiculous, and because of the completely awkward gun it ruins the sculpt for me. I think it would be great without it though.

Well, it is an Anima Tactics mini, which takes inspiration from anime/manga design. So a toothpick-skinny chick wielding a oversized weapon pretty much the standard with those influences. :D

But as everyone else has said, beautiful work! When I gat a chance to buy minis again. This may have to be one I pick up. I think she's cool (even in a warm yellow).

:bigok:

Thanks all, and yes Melvin, you should have been there. I can't recall painting a yellow PP mini though... or do you mean the Master Holt with the stupid yellow coat :o: but that was another type of yellow... :D

The colors I used for the dress:

base - GW Bubonic Brown

shades - GW Snakebite Leather, GW Bestial Brown and VGC Charred Brown

highlighted to white

and lots of glazes of all colors except the white.

Couple of my Anima RPG characters go in that direction - swap Cordelia's gun for a rapier and main gauche. Lots of dancing, flirting and intrigue and ball gowns that don't interfere with their super-fast acrobatic fighting....

Couple of my Cadwallon characters too, now that I think of it....