New Ghostie bois! Yan & Ken

Da Git

I think will be great crew around obey . 

Izamu + toshiro mb.

Cuz u can make a lot stuff from it .

1st obey to izamu heroic intervention with mask if possible.

2 obey to toshiro he charge and with mask again ( i know need a lot of masks) attack with coordinate and izamu attack again.

And before in u can clear ur deck for better flips 

3 minutes ago, Assdex said:

I think will be great crew around obey . 

Izamu + toshiro mb.

Cuz u can make a lot stuff from it .

1st obey to izamu heroic intervention with mask if possible.

2 obey to toshiro he charge and with mask again ( i know need a lot of masks) attack with coordinate and izamu attack again.

And before in u can clear ur deck for better flips 

I found obeying ancestors clunky since they don't get the free focus and you have to set up reliquaries first.

It was good situationally, but I'm not sure about making it a plan A.

I think the crew really benefits from yan lo getting to run around wherever is needed on the board. He is hyped mobile.

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I found obeying ancestors clunky since they don't get the free focus and you have to set up reliquaries first.

It was good situationally, but I'm not sure about making it a plan A.

I think the crew really benefits from yan lo getting to run around wherever is needed on the board. He is hyped mobile.

Yea , but we need good target to obey like dunno fuhatsu . 

His mobile is 2 side stuff , he is afraid about obey/bury minion with up.

12 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Also there's Anna Lovelace for gravity well to disrupt the places.

So overall, maybe don't declare this version into Von Schtook xD

Arik in Freikorps also has that, both which are competent ook tech picks in both factions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, frumpypigskin said:

I might be wrong... But it looks like the chosen ancestor for the guard reliquary doesn't need to be in range... In fact it doesnt even need to still be on the table...?!

You can have Yin on the opposite flank and still put out his Reliquary!?

Yeah, just need to be near the model you're putting the reliquary on. So for example first turn I put izamu's upgrade on Yin so Yin could speed away, then second turn I put yin's upgrade on Izamu I think. Then third turn I put Yin's upgrade on a komainu maybe?

Stuff died xD

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, just need to be near the model you're putting the reliquary on. So for example first turn I put izamu's upgrade on Yin so Yin could speed away, then second turn I put yin's upgrade on Izamu I think. Then third turn I put Yin's upgrade on a komainu maybe?

Stuff died xD

I assume you mean you passed the upgrade from Izamu to the Komainu(or Izamu died).

• 4 weeks later...

I tried New Yan and Kenshiro out today. Really mobile, Yan Lo scored me the Symbols of Authority points by easily running all the way to the back corners. Also having Kenshiro's upgrade out and getting 3 tactics tokens a turn really helps when you get bad flips.

Since Take the Hit starts by placing the model in base contact, that means Yan Lo would get placed again too right? If it was his Komainu taking the hit for him. Assume the enemy is in base contact with Yan Lo, you could have the Komainu take the hit and get placed on the opposite side and then place Yan Lo a couple of inches away from that. So after the initial attack resolves you're at least 40mm away from the attacking model right?

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 3:55 AM, Jude said:

I tried New Yan and Kenshiro out today. Really mobile, Yan Lo scored me the Symbols of Authority points by easily running all the way to the back corners. Also having Kenshiro's upgrade out and getting 3 tactics tokens a turn really helps when you get bad flips.

Since Take the Hit starts by placing the model in base contact, that means Yan Lo would get placed again too right? If it was his Komainu taking the hit for him. Assume the enemy is in base contact with Yan Lo, you could have the Komainu take the hit and get placed on the opposite side and then place Yan Lo a couple of inches away from that. So after the initial attack resolves you're at least 40mm away from the attacking model right?

The 'Ancient Anchor' ability says 'ends a move', while Take The Hit is a place. So I don't think you can sequence two places like this.

Regarding Kenshiro: How often would you take him in an Ancestor crew? How about OoK, would you take him in another crew? I'm thinking Qi and Gong for Scheme discard - damned if you reveal, damned if you don't!

• 4 weeks later...

Got my model from gencon painted up and on the table yesterday. Played against Nexus1, both of us playing these masters for the first time. 

Yan Lo2 + 8ss

Soul Porter

Manos

Izamu

Chiaki

Komainu

Ashigaru x2

Strat was turf war, schemes were bait and switch, catch and release, research mission, vendetta, hidden martyrs. I took hidden martyrs on an ashigaru and chiaki, and catch and release on the komainu. 

I scored 3 points on strat, 2 points on hidden martyrs, and 0 on catch and release. Nexus scored 1 on strat. In theory, catch and release should have been easy but I got really careless with the komainu.  Yan Lo’s movement is absolutely cracked. On a mv 7 komainu with their pseudo leap bonus action, with obey and yan lo’s bonus action, Chiaki’s flute, this boi is going places. (I cheated and used the soul porters action to move the komainu, but realized later that it’s ancestor only so just a heads up, don’t make that mistake haha.) Yan and friend went to three different corners of the board on turn 1 lol. I hired Chiaki purely for hidden martyrs, but found her card draw and even more reliquary spread really valuable. I like Manos for his mobility and reliquary with all the minions being htk, I can’t see myself dropping him except if I’m up against pacifist crews and I don’t need his extra mobility or anti demise aura. Izamu seems invaluable as a staying piece as well as a min 3 dmg beater, very good obey target. Don’t forget to get a reliquary on him for built in suits for obey. I might consider Toshiro instead of Chiaki in a different scheme pool in order to summon more minions, all three of mine were dead by the end of the game. Or I may just hire another ashigaru or komainu, 8ss were too many, but always having the hole in the world trigger on twist reality is super valuable. Kenshiro seems only useful for Yan1, but would love to hear anyone’s case for him here. Hard to fit Sun Quiang, I feel like all your hires need to be either an ancestor or minion, you run out of stones quickly when hiring. Yan2 definitely feels like a mobile, positioning master, which is a great foil to Yan Lo 1 that is slow and wants to tank until turn 3 then dish out tons of dmg, they definitely compliment each other on the different schemes they’d want to go for. Aside from that twist reality trigger, final wishes, and movement shenanigans, the keyword does feel like it’s lost some identity of the original title yan lo with replacing minions with ancestors gone, but looking forward to playing more games with him. Btw, the model is so cool haha. 

1 hour ago, kalcan said:

Got my model from gencon painted up and on the table yesterday. Played against Nexus1, both of us playing these masters for the first time. 

Yan Lo2 + 8ss

Soul Porter

Manos

Izamu

Chiaki

Komainu

Ashigaru x2

Strat was turf war, schemes were bait and switch, catch and release, research mission, vendetta, hidden martyrs. I took hidden martyrs on an ashigaru and chiaki, and catch and release on the komainu. 

I scored 3 points on strat, 2 points on hidden martyrs, and 0 on catch and release. Nexus scored 1 on strat. In theory, catch and release should have been easy but I got really careless with the komainu.  Yan Lo’s movement is absolutely cracked. On a mv 7 komainu with their pseudo leap bonus action, with obey and yan lo’s bonus action, Chiaki’s flute, this boi is going places. (I cheated and used the soul porters action to move the komainu, but realized later that it’s ancestor only so just a heads up, don’t make that mistake haha.) Yan and friend went to three different corners of the board on turn 1 lol. I hired Chiaki purely for hidden martyrs, but found her card draw and even more reliquary spread really valuable. I like Manos for his mobility and reliquary with all the minions being htk, I can’t see myself dropping him except if I’m up against pacifist crews and I don’t need his extra mobility or anti demise aura. Izamu seems invaluable as a staying piece as well as a min 3 dmg beater, very good obey target. Don’t forget to get a reliquary on him for built in suits for obey. I might consider Toshiro instead of Chiaki in a different scheme pool in order to summon more minions, all three of mine were dead by the end of the game. Or I may just hire another ashigaru or komainu, 8ss were too many, but always having the hole in the world trigger on twist reality is super valuable. Kenshiro seems only useful for Yan1, but would love to hear anyone’s case for him here. Hard to fit Sun Quiang, I feel like all your hires need to be either an ancestor or minion, you run out of stones quickly when hiring. Yan2 definitely feels like a mobile, positioning master, which is a great foil to Yan Lo 1 that is slow and wants to tank until turn 3 then dish out tons of dmg, they definitely compliment each other on the different schemes they’d want to go for. Aside from that twist reality trigger, final wishes, and movement shenanigans, the keyword does feel like it’s lost some identity of the original title yan lo with replacing minions with ancestors gone, but looking forward to playing more games with him. Btw, the model is so cool haha. 

Kenshiro is good with Gokudo in Yan 2. Gokudo w/ Focus+1/2 can turn Kenshiro's Tactics Tokens into card draw. Add in Trained Ninja, and you can use Yan2's Obey to charge 7" and draw a card if there is an enemy w/in 6" after the charge. Also makes the stun/stagger icing on the cake. 

8 minutes ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

Kenshiro is good with Gokudo in Yan 2. Gokudo w/ Focus+1/2 can turn Kenshiro's Tactics Tokens into card draw. Add in Trained Ninja, and you can use Yan2's Obey to charge 7" and draw a card if there is an enemy w/in 6" after the charge. Also makes the stun/stagger icing on the cake. 

Hmm yeah tbh I really just wrote off the Gokudo. Feels like I'm paying for an ability on his card that I can't use. But I can see merits in his bonus action and having trained ninja as a living minion... I'll have to rethink that.