New titles and super friends

4thstringer

I've been thinking through my Sonia 2 lists and the more I play her the more I think she's still going to end up super friending rather than bothering with enraged by the mage.  So I figured I would start a thread to get your thoughts, but also so that when the next guild title is revealed, we can talk about whether that one will play in theme or not.

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Does this change which superfriends are good?

For example, is Phiona good again because of shove aside? Shove aside on an engaged thrall is two extra attacks for a bonus action...

10SS is not really worth it. You can get the extra attacks with more synergies and less cost. 

Guardians Tossing is also pretty expensive for an extra attack. You also have to end up within 8" of Sonnia.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Does this change which superfriends are good?

For example, is Phiona good again because of shove aside? Shove aside on an engaged thrall is two extra attacks for a bonus action...

Guardians can toss witchling thralls for a 10" charge...

I'm still not using phi anymore.  I'm thinking about Emmy though, and guardian is still my take into Ivan.  I think I prefer rider for the initial deploy forward, though that might change 

• Like 1

I've played her 2 times (into Ivan and Jakob), and I get some real pleasure.
Took 2 Thralls with LLC, 1 Handler, and I switch between Steward, Effigy, Spelleater, Spellcasters, Quellers ... 
Next try with Rider.

Wanted to try some "Obey" too.. 

But with my "new player" experience, I'm not sure if I'm 100% legit to say something ahah

On 8/1/2021 at 4:13 AM, trikk said:

You also have to end up within 8" of Sonnia.

If this were true, wouldn’t the ability be worded similar to Asami Takusen’s Flickering Lanterns? For example: “After a friendly Witch Hunter ends a Push within 8”. As worded, the ability technically triggers as long as any portion of the Push is within the Aura. I’d lean towards the Push needing to start within 8” as opposed to any portion of the Push being in range though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 4:37 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

WaldosWeekly_4_28.2021_Card-SonniaM3E.thumb.jpg.7a9fb1fd4633a52e3c57d535cafd4a76.jpg.1f619e957d4ca29cb179f2cf87799bd3.jpg

For reference.

The more I think about it the more excited I am to try her out. I already often take  current Sonnia with a Handler and two Thralls, but with her ability to drop pyre markers frrikkin' everywhere, Burn them out, and the Thralls' ability to remove burning to heal from enemies, they're going to be a real pain to take down.

The Rider is still going to be necessary to move her up, though. 

If anything I think this becomes more bubblier than vanilla Sonnia, which will be strat/scheme dependant, but hey, that's what a paint queue is for.

21 minutes ago, Mikes said:

The more I think about it the more excited I am to try her out. I already often take  current Sonnia with a Handler and two Thralls, but with her ability to drop pyre markers frrikkin' everywhere, Burn them out, and the Thralls' ability to remove burning to heal from enemies, they're going to be a real pain to take down.

The Rider is still going to be necessary to move her up, though. 

If anything I think this becomes more bubblier than vanilla Sonnia, which will be strat/scheme dependant, but hey, that's what a paint queue is for.

She's been fun when I've played her