Sparks and Metal Gamin Interaction

Bullfrog

Question

Good Afternoon,

I have a quick question with the new Sparks LeBlanc rework when running him and metal gamin in my Mei Feng crew.

On Spark's card he has the Pack with Explosives trigger which says "Until the End Phase, after the target's shielded condition, is reduced, enemy models within 2" of it suffer 1 damage."

On the Metal Gamin's Hard Slam attack the italicize text reads "This model may lower the value of it's shielded condition by any amount." As a way to increase the damage track. 

My question is: can I elect to reduce the shielded condition on my Metal gamin when using Hard Slam attack action which would also trigger a Pack with Explosives blast?

Thank you!

-Nathan

13 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, ncwojtyna said:

Good Afternoon,

I have a quick question with the new Sparks LeBlanc rework when running him and metal gamin in my Mei Feng crew.

On Spark's card he has the Pack with Explosives trigger which says "Until the End Phase, after the target's shielded condition, is reduced, enemy models within 2" of it suffer 1 damage."

On the Metal Gamin's Hard Slam attack the italicize text reads "This model may lower the value of it's shielded condition by any amount." As a way to increase the damage track. 

My question is: can I elect to reduce the shielded condition on my Metal gamin when using Hard Slam attack action which would also trigger a Pack with Explosives blast?

Thank you!

-Nathan

yes, and better yet, you dont even have to *hit* the enemy to do that pulse, so if you attack twice you can whip out 2 guaranteed (armor and incorp ignoring, as the sheilded isn't a attack action itself) pulse and bonus damage on the track

1 hour ago, fire5tone said:

also dont forget the trigger can give you shielded again, and that pack with explosives doesnt go away if you run out of shielded 

Ohhh that is really clever, I did not realize the pack with explosives does not go away if you run out of shielded. 

8 minutes ago, Raising said:

dindt at the end of the turn when you lose the shield it also trigger the explosion?

"until the end phase" effects end before the "during the end phase" effects, so the packed with explosives has gone before the shielding ends. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Adran said:

"until the end phase" effects end before the "during the end phase" effects, so the packed with explosives has gone before the shielding ends. 

I'm not sure I agree with that. Wouldn't "Until the End Phase Effects" fall under the category of "anything that resolves during the End Phase, resolves now" step?

2 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. Wouldn't "Until the End Phase Effects" fall under the category of "anything that resolves during the End Phase, resolves now" step?

A. Resolve Effects: All “Until the End Phase” effects end, followed by “During the End Phase” effects being resolved.

Page 35 detailed timing chart

Packed with explosives is until the end phase. Shielded says that "during the end phase end this condition".

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Adran said:

A. Resolve Effects: All “Until the End Phase” effects end, followed by “During the End Phase” effects being resolved.

Page 35 detailed timing chart

Packed with explosives is until the end phase. Shielded says that "during the end phase end this condition".

Also ending isn't the same as reduction, so things like dispel magic won't cause pack with explosives to proc.