2020 Monthly Painting Challenge - November

Caedrus

@Caedrus congrats for the beutiful models you painted. From the pics I cannot say you are using or not a metal-non-metal technique: I'll be gratefull for some words as regard. Impressive painting job anyway.

@bedjy I like a lot your Kitty. Gost like painting very effective. Bravo!

@Boomstick A true feast of colours with your Pandora Witches and Woes. Like those minis and the replative pics a lot.

@Viruk Great painting job as usual..... A question as regard the second pic: is that model a Bandersmnatch? May I ask you why  you did not used GSW Spider Serum this time?

@Nikodemus I'm impressed by your pistolero: that's so realistic! Great palette!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/1/2020 at 6:34 PM, Purple Mist said:

why  you did not used GSW Spider Serum this time?

My concern is that while it works phenomenally for display pieces, it may be easily damaged by wear and tear connected with carrying minis in a case and playing them.

• Thanks 1

Caedrus, checking in!

I've just been looking through the November miniatures. As always, there are some regular faces and names, doing amazing and spectacular work. You folks teach and inspire me so much!

If you wanted to hear my thoughts, here they are!

@Purple Mist: I adore the Pandora models, and I think Candy is my fave there. Regarding the metals on my own minis, this might be the nicest painting compliment I’ve received in quite some time. It’s all NMM. I’ve been doing LOTS of experimenting with colours, and I think I now have some pretty good recipes!

@muraki: I actually like the beckoner sculpts (though I recognise that they’re not for everyone), but I love your proxies as well! Also, The OSL is lovely work, particularly the Colette green.

@bedjy: Where to start!?! I’m loving the painted Angelica base, and the blue/red shift in the Coryphee dress. However, the Kitty is absolutely gorgeous. I was planning on painting mine in an ethereal-looking blue, but I love, love, love what you’ve done with the green. Great scene, great execution.

@Boomstick: That’s a gorgeous riot of colour. They’re all gorgeous, but for pure creativity, the Beast Ganon is my fave of the month. Kudos!

@Viruk: As always, some delightful brushwork this month. I really like the red/pink shifts in the Alps, but the Bandersnatch really captured my attention. The colour shift (teal/maroon) is beautiful, and I love the little touch of the hybrid skull/regular base. That looked like a surprising amount of work! Also, EIGHT Dreamer crews?!?

@astapable: One of the things I really like about your November models is that the there’s a rustic feel to them. A bit lower contrast, some aged and worn looks to the Press and the Jury’s victim, and a little rusted / aged feel to Miss Step. It really makes for a warm, worn feel.

@Stranglelove: I’m guessing the re-re-re-release of Bloodbowl has captured your attention. I’ve sent these images to a mad-keen Bloodbowl enthusiast friend. Love the orange and green.

@Diddick: There’s a special skill, I think, in making a miniature look both beautiful and frightening. You’ve absolutely nailed it. I’d be proud to have such a miniature on my table!

@Nikodemus: A nice old school Pistolero, but I really love the Order Initiate. I think the colours you’ve chosen there for the tail are just about perfect. The teal / cream is gorgeous.

@Magnus: The news team you’ve painted there is wonderfully consistent and thematic. The GSW bases, the rich leather tones all make for a really unified team. Lovely.

@Harlekin: All I can see is George Michael now! The bronze / green contrast is well chosen. I wouldn’t have thought of that combination!

Whew! Awesome painting, awesome models!

Caedrus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

12 hours ago, Caedrus said:

I adore the Pandora models, and I think Candy is my fave there. Regarding the metals on my own minis, this might be the nicest painting compliment I’ve received in quite some time. It’s all NMM. I’ve been doing LOTS of experimenting with colours, and I think I now have some pretty good recipes!

Thank you for great words of apreciation for my last minis. As regard your NMM models, looking them finished I cannot say they were metal or NMM. My attention was captured by work in progress and model pretaration pics that feed the suspect it was not a simple and direct painting technique with metal colour.