Budget Players: 10T

I work with a lot of families at the school I work at. A lot of them do leagues and collecting and a few have started to ask about whats good competition wise and what is not worth buying competition wise.

Some of these parents only want to buy bare bones to do these leagues and competitions with their kids. SO HERE IS MY QUESTION, if I am advising a budget player that is only buying needs in a keyword, what is not worth the money? 

1.  NOT A$AMI! 

2.  Top UK player Jamie "Fucking" Varney took the half of a crew that exists from the Wastral keyword and won a tournament.... so, it's possible (half of the actual models are not out yet, so there's that).

3. Foundry has a lot of models across 3 factions, I'd rule them out too.

4. Honeypot has has only a handfull that you need... but then you have to explain why you're playing a gang of gambling, drug addicted, prostitutes to patents.

5. Qi and Gong is not a keyword for beginners.

6. Yan Lo might work.... however his 3rd Edition box is not be out yet, and good luck finding the 2nd edition one.

7. Misaki & The Last Blossom is viable.

If you're on a budget. You can make a very viable McCabe crew with 4 purchases. McCabe Core. Born Every Minute. Dawn Serpent. Shadow Emissary. 

Still expensive. Easiest buy in probably is in outcasts actually. Parker Core. Folsom if you can find it, and Paid in Blood. 

Talking about 10T budget I'd go for sure with Misaki Core Box+Karmic Debts+Archers/Crime Syndicate/Shadow Fate.

I prefer wait for a 3th edition samurai box, but it would be a good investment (or get samurai + lone swordman).

That's it a 100$ around budget which let you play for long with the oyabun of 10T, who is very versatile talking about schemes and strategies.

On 5/5/2020 at 10:24 AM, Jesy Blue said:

1.  NOT A$AMI! 

2.  Top UK player Jamie "Fucking" Varney took the half of a crew that exists from the Wastral keyword and won a tournament.... so, it's possible (half of the actual models are not out yet, so there's that).

3. Foundry has a lot of models across 3 factions, I'd rule them out too.

4. Honeypot has has only a handfull that you need... but then you have to explain why you're playing a gang of gambling, drug addicted, prostitutes to patents.

5. Qi and Gong is not a keyword for beginners.

6. Yan Lo might work.... however his 3rd Edition box is not be out yet, and good luck finding the 2nd edition one.

7. Misaki & The Last Blossom is viable.

You forgot Monk.

The cheapest choices within the Ten Thunders are, in my opinion, the Honeypot and Wastrel teams.  You buy his initial box plus his Support Box (Dark Dealings and One Born Every Minute )  and you already have the complete team (in Honeypot only Gwyneth Maddox would be missing but it is not very expensive).

9 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

C5ABDE1C-C005-4969-A8E9-826E72AE342F.jpeg

I'm beginner painter and i'm saving my transparent Lynch for the moment when i will be more advanced (and my right arm healed), but i thought about making them all in some black/purple/blue mist from mutation, How did you made that cloud for dragon?

@FrostHunter sounds cool. You can do some cool stuff with the transparent stuff and a little paint. I’ve seen some cool examples with Kirai and Jack Daw.

The cloud is simply polyester stuffing for pillows and a little airbrushing. I need to tone it some more to go with blackness of the dragon. It is mounted on some metal wires inserted into the ‘rock’. 

• Thanks 1