Ideas for upcoming errata (outcast)

Ming

1 hour ago, clockworkspide said:

Why is it so essential that Hannah is viable out of keyword, anyways?

No, we don't need the Freikorps only restriction removed from Adaptive Tactics.  Hannah's fine.

Personally, I would have it be Freikorps or Anna Lovelace....  give it that extra special touch in 1 out of 100 games.

On 12/27/2019 at 7:18 AM, clockworkspide said:

Why is it so essential that Hannah is viable out of keyword, anyways?

No, we don't need the Freikorps only restriction removed from Adaptive Tactics.  Hannah's fine.

She doesn't need to be awesome out of keyword, just viable. Which other model completely loses their bonus action OOK (other than Seamus, who was balanced around it)? 

Even just give her Consolidate Power, seeing as she's the chief librarian and all. 

6 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Being one of the 2 non-Master/non-Totem sources of Arcane Reservoir in the game (you Arcanists can shut right up), she's already viable out if keyword; anything else is just cake.

I have a feeling you aren’t paying 11 stones just for Arcane Reservoir meaning the rest is not just cake. I think it would be interesting to look at how she stacks up against BBB also out of keyword.

7 hours ago, Da Git said:

She doesn't need to be awesome out of keyword, just viable. Which other model completely loses their bonus action OOK (other than Seamus, who was balanced around it)? 

Even just give her Consolidate Power, seeing as she's the chief librarian and all. 

One of the design goals for third edition was to move away from faction all-star lists and models that showed up in every crew regardless of which theme they belong to.

Let's not start undoing the progress made in that direction because we insist on every model being usable with every master.

4 hours ago, LeperColony said:

Wasn't she taken OOK in a recent tournament winning list?

3 hours ago, Bisounours said:

There’s discussion in this forum of her being taken in a Tara list alongside a scavenger.

They used a hotly debated rules interpretation where Hannah can target herself and use a general action. I believe that this will disallowed in an FAQ. If it's confirmed the other way, then yeah she's flippin amazing OOK.

There was no special synergy between Scavenger and Hannah that I could see. 

1 minute ago, Da Git said:

They used a hotly debated rules interpretation where Hannah can target herself and use a general action. I believe that this will disallowed in an FAQ. If it's confirmed the other way, then yeah she's flippin amazing OOK.

Just mentioned it as it was also OOK and the guy who ran the list mentioned them as a hiring pair for his lists.

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

Scavenger can dish out fast and focus to Hannah for 1ap.  So a trade up of 1 ap of a 6ss model to 2ap of a 10ss model.

As Hannah has armour she only takes 1 damage from the burn out trigger and with lots of focus from the scavenger and her bonus she can comfortably hit her spikey moderate damage of 4, upping it to 6 quite easily with triggers.

Earlier I said that I felt nothing was ready to errata one way or the other, I take it back to a degree, Hannah needs to have an FAQ on her bonus action as she should not be able to copy her own tactical actions.

• Agree 1

Had another thought about Talos if the designers don't want to give him From Nothing. Cruel Disappointment would really help his survivability and suits his fluff. With Df4, it's really easy to ensure a straight damage flip on him and this would stop those big severe damages killing him in an activation. 

3 hours ago, Da Git said:

Had another thought about Talos if the designers don't want to give him From Nothing. Cruel Disappointment would really help his survivability and suits his fluff. With Df4, it's really easy to ensure a straight damage flip on him and this would stop those big severe damages killing him in an activation. 

I like this, mainly because I want to have someone flip a Red Joker, and be able to say "I'm not mad...."

Maybe make it a personal effect, rather than an aura? Just cause it can be hard enough killing Tara, either she's on the move, or Karina is doing her thing.

What about an anti-Flay? Either as an ability, or as a suited trigger (so you can get around it with anti-trigger or Stunned).

Just Dissapointed: When resolving, this Action's damage flip may not be cheated.

Still makes Talos a victim of fate when fate is cruel, but gets around the "Cheat in a Severe" issue that is a big problem for his lower wound count.

Maybe giving him Beyond Time would be a bit too good and would make of him too similar to NB (is stat 6 min 3 attack) but he could have some changes and still not be OP

- Change Fames of the Void ability to take effect at the end of the activation instead the beginning (he can bury models and affect them with his ability) 

- Maybe build the :crowin the Void Hammer to sure auto-healing while knocking heads. 

- Add a new trigger on the Void hammer with :mask that allows to attack the same target with the Into the Furnace. 

- Add "this model heals the same damage suffered by the target" To Steal Essence. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Zebo said:

Maybe giving him Beyond Time would be a bit too good and would make of him too similar to NB (is stat 6 min 3 attack) but he could have some changes and still not be OP

- Change Fames of the Void ability to take effect at the end of the activation instead the beginning (he can bury models and affect them with his ability) 

- Maybe build the :crowin the Void Hammer to sure auto-healing while knocking heads. 

- Add a new trigger on the Void hammer with :mask that allows to attack the same target with the Into the Furnace. 

- Add "this model heals the same damage suffered by the target" To Steal Essence. 

Those would certainly make him a lot more interesting, I particularly like the inbuilt :crowon the Void Hammer. The :masktrigger would be sweet too. If they all come into place then he'd certainly be worth giving the H2K upgrade with all the healing.

The only issue is it wouldn't stop him dropping in an activation like I've currently found happens.

3 hours ago, Ming said:

Sue - as I mentioned many times, Ring of Fire should affect enemies only. Same for Drachen Trooper burning aura.

What I dislike of Sue is both :ToS-Fast:auras afecting near enemies. I would prefer like in M2E one to protect nearby allies and other to punish nearby enemies. 

Man In Black could say something like "Enemy actions can not declare triggers when affecting friendly models in :aura3", for example. 

Just now, Zebo said:

What I dislike of Sue is both :ToS-Fast:auras afecting near enemies. I would prefer like in M2E one to protect nearby allies and other to punish nearby enemies. 

Man In Black could say something like "Enemy actions can not declare triggers when affecting friendly models in :aura3", for example. 

It would be bad, because the main idea of MIB is that the enemies can't declare any triggers, including resistance triggers and tactical actions.

2 hours ago, Ming said:

It would be bad, because the main idea of MIB is that the enemies can't declare any triggers, including resistance triggers and tactical actions.

This is the main idea in M3E, but in M2E it was a defensive buff, and I really liked it (it could even be the same, :-flipto enemy attacks that target WP versus friendly models in range). But now he has 2 bonus actions which can only be used when near the enemy.