Returning to Thunders!!!!

ZedStrong

Helo all, former 10TT player here thinking of comin back to the faction after the last big tournament of the year in the UK (abitnIV hosted by @Cleezy) and after being ruined by playing Guild since release...

Im thinking of maining, Misaki , Youko and Yan and I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the three? How competitively viable they are? What the best and most essential minis are in keyword and do I really need to use and is Shen so OP that I need him to play the faction? ;) 

TT is in good shape right now. There are a few posts in this subforum with info about the lists used. 

Check this thread, Misaki played in 5/7 games got 3rd position. Here are the lists used by the 5th placed player who also used Misaki quite a bit.

The winner used a list very focused in card draw, irreductible damage and elite models, check this other thread. Kitty card draw and utility seems also very good, and Yasunori with enough healing gives also good card draw.

Minako is a stapple in most high level lists. She is strong with her Karma mechanic and irreducible damage, summon "free" top notch schemers and if the other player isn't careful will also face a Wanyudo. I'd say Minako and Shenlong are the 2 most powerful models in the faction right now.

Beyond that is knowing a bit the tools of the faction; LRK, tanuki and Sun Quiang as the support options, Charm Warders as anti-demise/summoner, card draw/cicling (Emisary, Yasunori, Kitty...), Samurai/Fuhatsu for gunline wherever it's needed...

Yan-Lo seems very strong but I'm not sure how competitively viable is taking in count he is a late game master and that may hurt his performance in tournaments. Youko needs to be picked into the right pool and faction; she brings good control and nice tricks and I do like her models; however she struggles versus gunlines, focused spam and rely in her keyword synergies a bit more than other masters so she seems tricky to pick into the right pool and play.

I'd say go for it. Misaki is a very solid master, and the other 2 may cover well other pools or bad match ups for Misaki. Plus there could be some interesting combinations like Misaki with Armor+1 and Ruthless to try.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Jinn said:

Youko is my pick for the worst master in the game.

Well, she is hard to play well, and she is definitly not busted, but she's an interesting master nonetheless.

I've had some interesting games with her, won most.
Maric-Alexei Brouwer (from Netherland) played her only and ended 9th with 5/2 during the UK Nationals.

I'm a bit sad her totem isn't good

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 11:25 AM, ZedStrong said:

Helo all, former 10TT player here thinking of comin back to the faction after the last big tournament of the year in the UK (abitnIV hosted by @Cleezy) and after being ruined by playing Guild since release...

Im thinking of maining, Misaki , Youko and Yan and I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the three? How competitively viable they are? What the best and most essential minis are in keyword and do I really need to use and is Shen so OP that I need him to play the faction? ;) 

Running away to the most ridiculous faction :P you make me sick Zed

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

Youko with Asami are a really strong combo! :P 7 cards vs 5 cards hand is nice! And you can summon the beaters you need to compensate for the glass canon nature of Qi and Gong!

I did that once in beta.... it was vile!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jinn said:

Youko is my pick for the worst master in the game.

Youko is one of the masters that doesn't scream 'amazing' from the off, she has a finesse and hidden element to her power. I can attest that with the right crew and in the right hands she is pretty formidable.

I played Maric and his Youko at the UK Nationals and it was my largest loss of the 7 games and stopped me from getting a top 10 finish.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bedjy said:

I'm a bit sad her totem isn't good

I'm curious, why is Chiyo bad? It's true the attack stats are low but all her attacks are Wp Rst; if she catches someone in a Distraction aura it's not hard to succeed with them. Disguised plus Stealth make getting rid of her possible, but not without chasing her with the right model; and she may start generating pass tokens before Leverage triggers.

2 hours ago, Starrius said:

I use chiyo as a odd peice. I make her a distraction with silent peotector and she moves to within 8" attempts a taunt then runs off giggling like a child.in a game this caused perdita to lose 3 ap as they were out of cards by then

.... and she's not Insignificance!