Niño and the In Between Activation State

Kharnage

Question

So kind of a specific niche case, but let's say you have Niño over the course of his turn, hit the Family Values trigger (not unlikely, it's built in). He then ends his activation. He then uses A Por El to make Abuela take her :ToS-Fast: action (since A Por El doesn't specify you can't) on Niño, who then takes a shot out of turn, at presumably stat 6 because of Nice Shot, Dear.
The question is, does this new action, definitively outside of his activation, get the opportunity to declare the "Once per Activation" trigger Family Values? When does "once per activation" reset? 

9 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

The question is, does this new action, definitively outside of his activation

I vote this adjective most likely to be proven wrong by future FAQ or errata.  🤓

The runner up is a bet that the statement 

Bonus Actions do not count against a model’s Action limit, but a model can only declare one Bonus Action per Activation.

A model can only take an Action or Ability that is once per Activation once during an Activation.

is actually expressing two limitations:  'can only declare during an Activation' and 'can only declare at most once during any particular Activation'.

Edit:  Disclaimer:  No, I don't have any basis for making these claims.  But as often as 'once per activation' gets thrown around, I'm a bit surprised after the fact that 'End activation' didn't specify that it includes both 'end' and 'after end' effects.

7 minutes ago, solkan said:

I vote this adjective most likely to be proven wrong by future FAQ or errata.  🤓

My statement that A Por El is outside of the activation, is going to be proven wrong? So you're saying that something that occurs "After this model ends its activation", is going to still count as happening within that activation? 

6 hours ago, Kharnage said:

My statement that A Por El is outside of the activation, is going to be proven wrong? So you're saying that something that occurs "After this model ends its activation", is going to still count as happening within that activation? 

It sounds similar to how the “after resolving” triggers are still considered step six of an attack to me. I’d view it, most simply, that “after the activation” is the last step of concluding an activation, and therefore limitations of once per would apply until a new activation has begun.

7 hours ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

It sounds similar to how the “after resolving” triggers are still considered step six of an attack to me. I’d view it, most simply, that “after the activation” is the last step of concluding an activation, and therefore limitations of once per would apply until a new activation has begun.

Note that there is a typo in the rulebook that means they forgot to include step six as actually being part of the action as well 😧