Plant Explosives Models?

Yore Huckleberry

The GG0 plant explosive changed the efficiency of reporters on this strat. Models in their aura can not be forced to drop their bombs as they are friendly to both teams. As they do not have engagement range, they can not prevent opponents from moving at least 2" and drop their bomb.

Field reporters can still move fast, drop bombs and keep their 2" aura to prevent opponents from stealing it back but they are not as decisive as before GG0.

I like the gg0 changes to plant explosives, I think this plays to our strengths for ranged damage to kill models before they can get them into our side of the board.

I think perdita or sonnia may become better for this strat now because of this.

Lady J can leap about murdering and dropping tokens potentially too

55 minutes ago, Starrius said:

I like the gg0 changes to plant explosives, I think this plays to our strengths for ranged damage to kill models before they can get them into our side of the board.

I think perdita or sonnia may become better for this strat now because of this.

Lady J can leap about murdering and dropping tokens potentially too

Are you saying perdita and has gotten better simply because our other options have gotten worse?  Seems bad for us.

I'm not sure I agree with the interpretation regarding the field reporters and other journalists.   I'll need to read it more carefully.

47 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Are you saying perdita and has gotten better simply because our other options have gotten worse?  Seems bad for us.

I'm not sure I agree with the interpretation regarding the field reporters and other journalists.   I'll need to read it more carefully.

I actually dont think perdita is a bad master I find her to be a very consistent master 

58 minutes ago, Starrius said:

I actually dont think perdita is a bad master I find her to be a very consistent master 

I don't think she is bad either.  But generally, in plant explosives and cursed idols, our crews more kitted for speed (Lucius and Nellie) were my first choice.  The nerf to obeys is going to make me rethink that.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I don't think she is bad either.  But generally, in plant explosives and cursed idols, our crews more kitted for speed (Lucius and Nellie) were my first choice.  The nerf to obeys is going to make me rethink that.

Same here. Perdita is fast too, but lacks hit points or healing ability. I do not know yet how I will handle this. Pale rider for a pulse heal might be good, but I tend to focus and kill targets with family, which would make the rider's turn 3 blasts less relevant. The domador does not have synergy at all with the team. The steward is already included but will not be enough. The effigy's aura is really small. I should maybe try one orderly and see if it survives turn 2.

I can also go full family. If the opponent has no hp left, he will not move idols :)

Just now, Starrius said:

Weirdly the changes to obey makes me think perdita into curse idols could be more interesting, abuela obeying family members and taking the damge for them allowing them to push forward to kill the enemy could be viable tactics

Nice idea. The obey of Abuela can also be used on an A por el.

• Thanks 1

Dashel with Queeg, Sergeant, two Mounted Guard and two Executioners. Can move all over, effectively being Reckless for one turn, shoot some stuff, and kill stuff in melee. Dashel's heal will be vital.

But, Hoffman is probably best. Decent movement with very strong heals and armor +2 means markers are going down and will score points.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

You don't necessarily have to see the cursed idols change as a nerf. We were quite unlikely to force an enemy model to interact anyways, and now we can redirect the damage to another model at a safer location. You can also know where the model taking the damage is going to be even before the marker is dropped on the table, so you can also have healing ready nearby.

• Like 1

I think the changes to both cursed idols and plant explosives actually help some of our crews

Obey for cursed idol definately seems like a way to migrate damage from the front line models by making other models take the damage, you dont have to just obey their models for efficiency obey yours and then have something in the back lines to heal some of the damage  maybe even something as simple as a orderly 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

With all the whinging about the lack of guild power before, this can only be half as much a blow to guild players as to others, as @Starrius and @Myyrä points out.

I think it comes down to play style. Because I suspected something like this was coming I've been avoiding using oney to do the job for these schemes, with the changes I can see a place for them

Papa loco with a lead lined coat is quite solid in cursed idols. He's resilient, can deal with most models the opponent sends to interact with a marker and use juggernaut to mitigate the damage from idols. 

In plant explosives I like monster hunters as they can cross a table surprisingly fast. I usually don't try to score max on this strategy, but rather kill my opponents carriers and deny him points.