Keyword Brawl

Mycellanious

In a hypothetical Keyword Brawl, where you declare a Keyword, then bring all of that Keyword's models at their maximum rarity, which Keyword would reign supreme? No upgrades with the exception of Keyword specific upgrades (VS, summon upgrades, etc), no versitile models, no DMH, 10ss cache.

Edit: Round 2, DMH allowed, and you can subract from the 10ss cache to add upgrades

I'd still say Nephilim are a decent contender because so much of their model availability is in minions they rarely take, but it puts so many wounds on the table by maxing out hiring limits. 
Beyond that, Augmented has a lot of minions and universal armor, even without Ryle being included they're strong. Also, Chimera maxing out minions is also intimidating, and Vogel can finally see play :^)
Last Blossom and Monk have a lot of expensive minions available, so maxing them out would be strong and scary too. 

Honestly though card draw or manipulation keywords or models that excel with no hand or stone support would be big because with 15-20 models on the table you run out of your starting hand and probably go through your deck 2-3 times. 

This would be so unbalanced XDD. There are keyword pools with different sizes, those with a higher model pool would have a big advantage; but there are also mechanics that rely that you can only bring X many tools; some things would go out of hand hard. But it's a fun exercise...

I'd say Nightmare would have a big advantage here, that keyword would have all his big beaters PLUS his entire lucid dreaming machine (this is probably dreamer's wet dream). You'll have 13 lucid dreams per turn... the deck would become hot real fast and you'll have all the models that can take advantage of that hot deck.

McMourning would be pretty fun, those guys could reach really high levels of self-stacking poison if they can bring the entire keyword, making that either you kill them or they will refill their entire wd bar.

Monk is another synergistic keyword that will take a lot of advantage of something like this, chi for days XDD.

Onis could be fearsome, they have a lot of very powerful models and the flicker mechanic, and asami for a summoner is really dangerous in close combat.

Nephillim could just drown them in black blood

Sandeep has a huge pool of models and a high synergy with all his mantras... that would be another dangerous one.

I'm not that into Guild or Bayou so, no idea of good keywords to do this from these factions

23 minutes ago, cbtb11235813 said:

I'll second that Nightmare and Academic/Elemental would be straight up jank. Another one is Big Hat, for ALL THE MODELS. This does sound sort of fun to try, knowing ahead of time it would be extra stupid

Well dont forget that you cant ever go above the rarity cap, so the "I'm done with this" demise effects wouldnt go off unless somw Bayou Gremlins had already died. Similarly, summoners would be unable to summon until some models died

1 hour ago, Mycellanious said:

Well dont forget that you cant ever go above the rarity cap, so the "I'm done with this" demise effects wouldnt go off unless somw Bayou Gremlins had already died. Similarly, summoners would be unable to summon until some models died

True, but I have a feeling some of those 8 Bayou Gremlins will die quickly. Even without summoning more, there seem to be a lot of big hat models

7 hours ago, Ogid said:

Ah ok, so the rules are per keyword, not per master... that leaves the double keyword masters out of the competition.

That wording would neuter Yan Lo, he needs both Ancestors & Retainers.

Dropping  the Basse on the Centerline.  

• Cornie Basse (Home on the Range)
  • Bernie Basse (Home on the Range)
  • 3 Frontiersman (Home on the Range)
  • 8 Clockwork Traps
  • "Jonnieboy" Reichart (Home on the Range)
  • 2 Pathfinders (Home on the Range)
  • 3 Trained Raptors
  • 2 Austringers (Home on the Range)
  • Paul Crocket (Home on the Range)

It's 22 models, half of which get to deploy 11" past their deployment zone, and 8 of which are clockwork traps that can just be put 6" outside of the other deployment zone.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Dreamer's deck would consist of a single red joker by the end of the game (with black joker in hand). So he might do okay xD

Plus having access to a fantastic range of beaters.

Haha that's too greedy! It's better stop dreaming much earlier than that; getting only the severes in the deck would be still very strong and that won't make his entire crew countered by an ability which reads "discard a card".

• Haha 1