Errata results?

LeperColony

Just to make it easier to find, the new FAQ's are below (they definitely help to answer some of the rules questions that have popped up lately!):

Core Rules:

22. If an effect ignores Low Terrain, such as Yarazi's Glide or Titan LoS, does it ignore any terrain with a [Low] Terrain Trait or does it only ignore those traits are that [Low]?

a. The effect would only ignore traits that are specified as [Low].

King's Empire:

27. When resolving the South Wales Borderers Remember Our Mates Ability, does the +2:ToS-Ram: to Acting Values also apply to passive Active Values (Sp, Df, Wp, Ar)?

a. Yes.  Though the +:ToS-Ram: has no game effect in these instances.

The Guild:

28. When resolving Samantha Thrace's "Fire at Will" Action, does each Fireteam in the targeted Squad take an Action or only a single Fireteam in the Squad?

a. Only one of the Squad's Fireteams may take an action this way.

Cult of the Burning Man:

38: When resolving The Burning Man Descends Stratagem, will multiple cards of the same suit each resolve an effect for the Stratagem?

a. Yes, each card in the Conflict will result in a single effect for six effects total.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love them too.
I play gibbering hode, and I feel like the changes are going to be very helpful.
I perfectly understand the nerfs to frenzy+relics of malifaux, or the devouring eel. They make sense.

I like how they nerfed the immolated rhino. I think it is not going to make it useless, while still making it less OP.
So, good balance changes.

• Agree 1

Mostly possitive on the changes but need to see them on the table. I still expect Cult's mobility and Abyssinia's resource generation to keep them on top, though at least it won't be as blatant or oppresive I hope.

A clarification on the new Rhino pulse. So Rhino flips card + 6, all enemies within 4 inches resist with Sp with the Tn being the total the Rhino flipped, right?

2 hours ago, Razhem said:

Mostly possitive on the changes but need to see them on the table. I still expect Cult's mobility and Abyssinia's resource generation to keep them on top, though at least it won't be as blatant or oppresive I hope.

A clarification on the new Rhino pulse. So Rhino flips card + 6, all enemies within 4 inches resist with Sp with the Tn being the total the Rhino flipped, right?

Remember that acting fireteam wins ties.  So the defenders are trying to get one higher than the rhino's total.

Otherwise, that's consistent with how the duel rules are specified:  Each fireteam involved in the action flips a card.

The distinction becomes more important for Horomotongi's Incoming Tide action (on the Tide Caller asset) with the mask trigger, so there's only "full distance" and "half distance" for each fireteam in a unit to be moved.  Otherwise you'd have to figure out the unspecified mechanics for:

• Fireteam A in this unit moved 5" (Big H got the Tidal Wave trigger and won)
  • Fireteam B in this unit moved 3" (Big H won but didn't get the Tidal Wave trigger)
  • Fireteam C flipped high enough to avoid the effect.  

The way it was explained to me at Adepticon when I asked was:

• The fireteams that fail to defend against the attack move the full distance
  • If you succeeded against the attack (or you were out of range), but one of the other fireteams in the unit failed, you move half distance

and every fireteam in a unit only moves once.

3 hours ago, Razhem said:

Pretty sure this falls under 16. of the faq.

When an Action has a range with a :ToS-Pulse:, does the Acting player flip one card and every valid target in range flip against it or does the Acting player make perform a duel against each target individually?
a. The Acting player must perform a duel against each target individually.

• Agree 1