The finer points of Dashel

Cronex13

I'll be real with you, I think Guild Patrols are there to be bodyguards and not much else.

Guild hounds on the other hand are fucking gods of war. Potential Stat 10 on their melee if you mob them at an already activated model and not a bad attack for a 3 point model. Add in very good mobility and the fact that they can use the interact action...

STELLAR. As long as taken in mobs, single guild hounds are worthless :)

i need to get mounted guard, I'm definitely hurting without them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GameSoHard said:

In my games with Dashel I’ve got a lot of use out of mounted guard. Their ability to pick an executioner up and get it where it needs to be is pretty strong. Mounted Guard are the best models in the crew imo. Riflemen are good but surprisingly I haven’t had much success with them. I get excited every time I put them in a list but they never seem to have the impact I want.

I tend to build a crew that starts with the big models then brings them back when they die (which happens a lot). Everything in the list seems pretty easy to kill but can also put out a lot of damage. 

I’m going to try adding in a few guild patrol or hounds next game for the cheap activations and to use them as ‘speedbumps’ against beaters.

Outside of summoning Dashel isn’t that exciting...

Queeg I really want to work but I just don’t find him that’s useful and I’ll be dropping’s him from my next list. His focus-fast conversion is too resource intensive for normal use, requires focus (either from another models fast action or their own+card) and then costs health. He does provide a good alpha strike option with pushing mounted guard/executioners (the only time I use the fast-conversion as well)

Mind sharing a list?

Imo Queeg is super awesome. Fast aura is great with guild steward giving focus. Anyone tried 4 stat 7 min 3 dmg atcks form executioner?

Its worth using only with beater models but it easy acces to fast on any model is sick. 

The thing you want with queeg are his trigers in mele especialy coordinated atack. With stat 7 and acces to tones of ss its super easy to land extra atacks from exec or dashel

5 minutes ago, midwifecrisis said:

I feel like the only issue there is that you're still getting him into melee range, which otherwise for Queeg is kind of dangerous. LLC?

Meh, the solution is a guild guard. It activated and gets to push into the fight and swing a couple times, then queeg hops in and has a bodyguard to Take the Hit for him. Between queegs trigger and the Executioner, I don't see anything living through that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cronex13 said:

Meh, the solution is a guild guard. It activated and gets to push into the fight and swing a couple times, then queeg hops in and has a bodyguard to Take the Hit for him. Between queegs trigger and the Executioner, I don't see anything living through that

That's fair. I should use my expendible grunts like the filthy dogs they are. 

• Haha 1

Exactly! Like the mobile infantry, they do the dying 

Guild Patrols have always been a huge debate in my head. Back in 2nd, I thought they were the worst models in the game. They had sub par actions and would reliably fail to use them every single time. Their potential defense 6 was irrelevant because someone could just use a blast marker and armor 1 didn't save them from ANYTHING.

However, it's a bit different in M3E. Potential Stat 5 on their attacks and some extra mobility. But make no mistake. These dudes are gold for one reason only: they WILL die for something better than them. Use them as such.

12 minutes ago, Cronex13 said:

Exactly! Like the mobile infantry, they do the dying 

Guild Patrols have always been a huge debate in my head. Back in 2nd, I thought they were the worst models in the game. They had sub par actions and would reliably fail to use them every single time. Their potential defense 6 was irrelevant because someone could just use a blast marker and armor 1 didn't save them from ANYTHING.

However, it's a bit different in M3E. Potential Stat 5 on their attacks and some extra mobility. But make no mistake. These dudes are gold for one reason only: they WILL die for something better than them. Use them as such.

Guild guard were amazing after the price redux in the last edition.  My guild guard spam list only lost once, and that was because I didn't play it smart.  

In this edition they have gotten easier to kill, have gone back up to 4 points, but have gotten protection.  I guess that's helpful?  To me I would rather have just bought models that cost 4 points more.

They are still stat 4.  I guess they can creep around to run schemes and give summoned models something to pull towards. 

They should have had armor 1.  I don't know many models with protect that don't.

Jesus man.

If you haven't noticed, I'm dripping with venemous jealousy.

Whenever I played, the enemy katanaka sniper would red joker their damage flip on the first shot, and get a severe on the second, thus destroying all guild guard within range turn 1. 

Every. Single. Game.

But things are different now :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hm, tough question! 

The most expensive single model is the Executioner.

In this theoretical, is were assuming it's an enemy scheme marker, I'd say the answer is really situational depending on what's happening.

A trio of guild hounds has potential. I do love my puppies. They won't have an activation that turn but if the enemy doesn't deal with them that turn, he's in for a helluva surprise with stat 8/9 puppies coming at him at high speeds. 

Tbh I wouldn't use the joker on summoning. I'm leaning more and more towards saving Dashels summon for an emergency guild patrol summon to take the hit for him and instead using him as a Frontline combat unit. He either kills what he's fighting or summons a guild guard to save him if he gets in over his head.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cronex13 said:

Hm, tough question! 

The most expensive single model is the Executioner.

In this theoretical, is were assuming it's an enemy scheme marker, I'd say the answer is really situational depending on what's happening.

A trio of guild hounds has potential. I do love my puppies. They won't have an activation that turn but if the enemy doesn't deal with them that turn, he's in for a helluva surprise with stat 8/9 puppies coming at him at high speeds. 

Tbh I wouldn't use the joker on summoning. I'm leaning more and more towards saving Dashels summon for an emergency guild patrol summon to take the hit for him and instead using him as a Frontline combat unit. He either kills what he's fighting or summons a guild guard to save him if he gets in over his head.

My favorite is 2 wardens, but wardens are my favorite summon period.

43 minutes ago, Cronex13 said:

the problem with the dogs as summon is that they will be useless for 1 turn and have slow for the second! a red joker for 9ss who won't do much for 2 turns is not that great in my opinion unless you do it first or second turn so they can get a lot of actions in the subsequent turn but even than I would prefer an executioner instead of the dogs!

Concerning summoning, I have rather good experiences with Dashel:

I like to take him, when there lots of schemes with scheme markers in the pool. (Search the ruins, breakthrough, power ritual, detonate charges and so on)

And even not, in most games I managed to summon about 1-2 Executioners and 1-2 Mounted Guards.

Until now, I build his crew around his keyword: Dashel and Queeg, both with LLC, Guild Steward, 2x Rifleman, Sergeant and a Guild Hound.

First turn, Guild hound moves up to 10" (6 MV +1 from Sergeant + 3" push by Queeg) and drops a scheme marker. Guild Steward hands out focus, tries one time Dispel Magic with :maskto hand out another focus and walks up to the dog to be within 6" to the scheme marker. Totem walks up the scheme marker and takes his tactical action to switch the scheme marker to enemy. Then Steward may draw a card.

Hope to have 12 or 13 in my hand, Dashel can walk once or twice, and then summon an Executioner or Mounted guard.

Focused Rifleman push 3", walk once, concentrate as a bonus action and shoot double focused (one for range, one for focus) on a nice target in LOS, hopefully killing a model.

Sergeant and Queeg just move to keep up with the rest of the crew, maybe concentrate once.

That's a nice first round with this crew and try to do the same on turn 2.

Because I have 10SS with me, I can spend one for cards and one for the ram for summoning, if I don't have a high card with ram in my hand.

From turn 3 on, the dog can serve as a fast scheme runner or just to tangle an enemy down for one round. Then, the enemy is within range so I can use "Drop It" on the Rifleman, Sergeant and Queeg (if necessary, spend a SS for the tome trigger). The Steward hands out focus and heals your key models or removes a condition.

From my point of view(and in my local meta), I experienced Dashel's keyword as being very allround and flexible, because he has nearly(!) everything in his keyword you mostly need on the table: ruthless, fast scheme runners, (focused) Heavy Hitter or range attack, scheme marker removal, anti-armor, pushes for friendly models and with the Steward, condition removal and healing abilities.

I like him a lot...😁

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Qracy said:

Concerning summoning, I have rather good experiences with Dashel:

I like to take him, when there lots of schemes with scheme markers in the pool. (Search the ruins, breakthrough, power ritual, detonate charges and so on)

And even not, in most games I managed to summon about 1-2 Executioners and 1-2 Mounted Guards.

Until now, I build his crew around his keyword: Dashel and Queeg, both with LLC, Guild Steward, 2x Rifleman, Sergeant and a Guild Hound.

First turn, Guild hound moves up to 10" (6 MV +1 from Sergeant + 3" push by Queeg) and drops a scheme marker. Guild Steward hands out focus, tries one time Dispel Magic with :maskto hand out another focus and walks up to the dog to be within 6" to the scheme marker. Totem walks up the scheme marker and takes his tactical action to switch the scheme marker to enemy. Then Steward may draw a card.

Hope to have 12 or 13 in my hand, Dashel can walk once or twice, and then summon an Executioner or Mounted guard.

Focused Rifleman push 3", walk once, concentrate as a bonus action and shoot double focused (one for range, one for focus) on a nice target in LOS, hopefully killing a model.

Sergeant and Queeg just move to keep up with the rest of the crew, maybe concentrate once.

That's a nice first round with this crew and try to do the same on turn 2.

Because I have 10SS with me, I can spend one for cards and one for the ram for summoning, if I don't have a high card with ram in my hand.

From turn 3 on, the dog can serve as a fast scheme runner or just to tangle an enemy down for one round. Then, the enemy is within range so I can use "Drop It" on the Rifleman, Sergeant and Queeg (if necessary, spend a SS for the tome trigger). The Steward hands out focus and heals your key models or removes a condition.

From my point of view(and in my local meta), I experienced Dashel's keyword as being very allround and flexible, because he has nearly(!) everything in his keyword you mostly need on the table: ruthless, fast scheme runners, (focused) Heavy Hitter or range attack, scheme marker removal, anti-armor, pushes for friendly models and with the Steward, condition removal and healing abilities.

I like him a lot...😁

What do you do when you don't have the mask to change over the marker?

Summon a Warden, Sergeant or Rifleman, concerning what I am facing.

But if you draw 8 cards on the beginning of turn one plus one card from the card draw ability of the Steward, until today I only had one game, where I really struggled with the :mask.

Maybe this is just luck, but until today not a huge problem. And the alternatives aren't that bad. I like the wardens alot.

1 hour ago, Qracy said:

Summon a Warden, Sergeant or Rifleman, concerning what I am facing.

But if you draw 8 cards on the beginning of turn one plus one card from the card draw ability of the Steward, until today I only had one game, where I really struggled with the :mask.

Maybe this is just luck, but until today not a huge problem. And the alternatives aren't that bad. I like the wardens alot.

You also get one from Internal Affairs. Thats 10 cards

Choose a friendly Scheme Marker within 2" of the target. Drop an enemy Scheme Marker in base contact with the target, then remove the friendly Scheme Marker and draw a card.