Pine Box

Michael Curran

11 minutes ago, Vangerdahast said:

It is more reliable with the Emissary (Into the Cage, Stat 4) or Recruiter (Stat 3) than Death Marshal (Stat 2). And they are much more resilient than the Death Marshal.

Always a pleasure to kill a Master that way! Especially melee oriented Masters who activate early in a turn.

Use Agent 46. Have stat 6 :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Adran said:

I think once you have mimicked the action you can issue command to let the doppleganger pine box. It does mean you will have lost the manipulative.

Oh definitely.  My list is 2 death Marshalls, 2 lawyers, doppel with LLC, agent 46 with LLC, scribe and Lucius.  My opponent knows what's coming.  He'll be running hamelin so at some point I'm sure he will blight up both agent and doppel real big and take them out.  Not much I can do about that.

Also the distracted is handy to put people back in the box.  Need to get them in when acitivated so they activate and then you can shut them back in.

+1 to the points about it being more of a scoring tool rather than a denial of ap tool.

Also allows me to hum 'man in the box' by Alice in Chains each time I use it.

1 hour ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

Also the distracted is handy to put people back in the box.  Need to get them in when acitivated so they activate and then you can shut them back in.

+1 to the points about it being more of a scoring tool rather than a denial of ap tool.

Also allows me to hum 'man in the box' by Alice in Chains each time I use it.

Distracted doesn't work on defense so it doesn't help in putting them back in.

16 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Ok quick rules question.  If you have the false witness within 2 and Someone wants to some out of the box, are they on negative flips?  I would vote no, but I would hear arguments otherwise.

If you can measure 2" from the False Witness to the Buried model, then be my guest :P

I do not see arguments pointing at the :-flip. The buried model tries to get out, not the death marshall who boxed him. The buried model is not on the board. He is not at 2" from your false witness. Even when he will get out, he will very likely break LOS to the false witness by poping on the opposite side of your DM

15 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Ok quick rules question.  If you have the false witness within 2 and Someone wants to some out of the box, are they on negative flips?  I would vote no, but I would hear arguments otherwise.

No, the buried models don't have range or LoS to draw because they're not on the table. The Bandersnatch for example specifically adds rules so that it can see and attack while buried. 

1 hour ago, le_wahou said:

I do not see arguments pointing at the :-flip. The buried model tries to get out, not the death marshall who boxed him. The buried model is not on the board. He is not at 2" from your false witness. Even when he will get out, he will very likely break LOS to the false witness by poping on the opposite side of your DM

Most of this is right, except it's up to the Death Marshal to place the model popping out, and whether it breaks LOS or not. I was confused by the wording initially too, but the following from pg33 is important.

"When Unburying a model, the controller of the Unbury effect places the model back on the table as described by the effect."

Despite it being a test made by the buried model, it is still the DM's effect, and therefore controlled by the DM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1