Tokens available for purchase?

mattbird

• 3 weeks later...

I don't believe so. Im pretty sure they and the limited edition fate decks were KS exclusive, but the plastic faction specific fate decks will be available. Many sites have them up for preorder already.

To be honest, theres nothing super special about them. The art on the tokens is identical to the cardboard ones you receive in your starter boxes, and the starter ones are double sided which makes more sense since they cancel out their opposing token.

I would buy more if they became available. One thing I am noticing is that keeping track of who put what token down where is tricky. I have already lost a few as they are identical to the other players'. Simply having more of the plastic available means I can use whatever the other person doesn't and not have to worry. But right now there aren't enough in the plastic version for a game. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dstinct said:

I don't believe so. Im pretty sure they and the limited edition fate decks were KS exclusive, but the plastic faction specific fate decks will be available. Many sites have them up for preorder already.

To be honest, theres nothing super special about them. The art on the tokens is identical to the cardboard ones you receive in your starter boxes, and the starter ones are double sided which makes more sense since they cancel out their opposing token.

True, but the plastic tokens have a lovely weighty quality that the cardboard ones don't.  If we could get plastic tokens with different stuff on both sides it would be absolutely ideal.

The acrylic tokens do feel really nice, but the double sided nature of the cardboard is very convenient.

It's not token related, but I'd personally much rather keep track of my TT's using a counter (I'm tempted to grab a MTG health counter to use for it), if anyone here has a store having something that keeps track of the turns (1-5), score (double digits), and TT's (double digits) would be very handy.

44 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

I hope they sell some of the markers separate. I need MANY more Tide Pools. 3 is nowhere near enough.

Same with Portal Markers, I was surprised it wasn't a 6 pack like Objective Markers.  Means we've got to proxy if I'm using The Approaching Convergence

The acrylic tokens look like they're made by Broken Egg Games I think, so you might keep an eye out there. They make a wide range of tokens and have 2D terrain pieces that can help make a table in a pinch.

That said, rather than confuse myself using the 120mm poison cloud marker I'll probably end up getting ahold of a 120mm base and making it look like something closer to the Mine Field that Prince Unathi can clog up objectives with. That would be along the lines of what I'd recommend doing for some of the other Markers that various factions use.. I think it would be pretty cool to see some bases decorated with bits and/or painted to be in theme with the controlling force for things like Portal Markers and it would help when a Cult v. Cult mirror match is happening.

• 2 weeks later...