Guild newie

Ikiwith

Hi wyrdos. 

After 4 years playing gremlins, I have decided to start with a new faction. I bought some different guild models because I liked them, and now is the moment to start using them. The crews which, I have in my own are: perdita, lady J and Sonnia. Some of my other models are:

- abuela.

-executtioner

-marshal recruiter

-bruttal effigy

- lone marshal

- witchling handler

What other models do you suggest me to start with? Who are the mates for these three ladies? I know that Francisco always is a must.

Welcome to the law!

The brutal effigy should always come with both of these ladies I think, they will be attacking things. 

Justice will like the recruiters immortality buff.

Seems like you have enough to get going, you might hav some activation deficiency but people keep telling me that will matter less in gg18. I son't really agree so either reporters, hounds or guardsmen would be my top pick for schemers and cheap activations.

• Like 1

I'll second Ludvig here, you have enough to get going, but would probably benefit from some cheaper activations/scheme running. If I were in your situation, I would buy Nellie's box next for Phiona and Reporters, even if you don't especially want to play Nellie.

As for what kind of lists you should be playing with those masters, I would probably build all the lists around Francisco, Abuela, Nino core, especially if there is a lot of interacting in the schemes. They can be played with all three of your masters, in my experience. With Sonnia and Perdita I would then add Brutal Effigy and Papa Loco. With Justice I would probably reach for Recruiter and Lone Marshal (whose cost was just dropped in the errata).

As already mentioned above, you have a great starting line-up and Nellie’s box would be a good next step for cheap activations and Phiona is a nice beat stick that can drop lots of markers.

If you can talk someone into splitting the starter box with you, the Orderly’s are nice to have on hand and you get Grimwell & Heartsbane that can be fun.

Currently Allison Dade is my go to girl with a Thalarin Queller and well worth looking into after you have got the lay of the land with your current set of models.

• Like 2

Thank you guys for all your background. The first master that I'll paint and play is Lady J.

On 23/1/2018 at 8:08 AM, Ludvig said:

Welcome to the law!

The brutal effigy should always come with both of these ladies I think, they will be attacking things. 

Justice will like the recruiters immortality buff.

Seems like you have enough to get going, you might hav some activation deficiency but people keep telling me that will matter less in gg18. I son't really agree so either reporters, hounds or guardsmen would be my top pick for schemers and cheap activations.

I think that cheap activations are always great on the game, I'm considering about buy 4 guardsmen now that they're 3ss each of them. Reporters and guild hounds I have read that they are good as scheme runners. I don't like Nellie aesthetic/play but the reporters are nice option and I coud buy one of them.

On 23/1/2018 at 9:15 AM, Myyrä said:

I'll second Ludvig here, you have enough to get going, but would probably benefit from some cheaper activations/scheme running. If I were in your situation, I would buy Nellie's box next for Phiona and Reporters, even if you don't especially want to play Nellie.

As for what kind of lists you should be playing with those masters, I would probably build all the lists around Francisco, Abuela, Nino core, especially if there is a lot of interacting in the schemes. They can be played with all three of your masters, in my experience. With Sonnia and Perdita I would then add Brutal Effigy and Papa Loco. With Justice I would probably reach for Recruiter and Lone Marshal (whose cost was just dropped in the errata).

Thank you for the explanation about how to build the list. The problem with Nellie crew is that I don't like her so much... I agree with the requeriment of cheap activations. Guardmen and hounds will be the next models.

What do you think about the Brutal Emissary? I have read in some post that he's a good option.

On 23/1/2018 at 9:45 AM, Impact UK said:

As already mentioned above, you have a great starting line-up and Nellie’s box would be a good next step for cheap activations and Phiona is a nice beat stick that can drop lots of markers.

If you can talk someone into splitting the starter box with you, the Orderly’s are nice to have on hand and you get Grimwell & Heartsbane that can be fun.

Currently Allison Dade is my go to girl with a Thalarin Queller and well worth looking into after you have got the lay of the land with your current set of models.

As I said in the previous comments, Nellie's box is not for me. I know that she is probably the best guild master, nevertheless the aesthetic/game play, meh.

The same for the guild starter box models, the first time that I saw them. I considered that they could be more resser than guild.

Allison Dade could have now a lot of work with all the guardsmen that will be on the table. :-P

• Like 1