Monthly painting challenge -- December

prof_bycid

@H4ml3t thanks! I'm a big fan of your work as well!

I tend to agree on more color in general. In this case there's a reason for it: My Ressers I try to do in a mostly monochrome style with a point or two of color. Genbu and other dual-faction Ressers are tricky because of this and tend to end up in an awkward middle ground in regard to color. I think I may add color to the wrap on his sword hilt in this case. Think that would help alleviate the awkward middle ground, or is there another aspect that jumps out to you?

12 hours ago, Boomstick said:

@H4ml3t thanks! I'm a big fan of your work as well!

I tend to agree on more color in general. In this case there's a reason for it: My Ressers I try to do in a mostly monochrome style with a point or two of color. Genbu and other dual-faction Ressers are tricky because of this and tend to end up in an awkward middle ground in regard to color. I think I may add color to the wrap on his sword hilt in this case. Think that would help alleviate the awkward middle ground, or is there another aspect that jumps out to you?

Now that I understand your reasoning it makes sense. I think your idea to put color on the sword wrap will work nicely.

• Like 1

Thank you, glad you like it :)

It's really hard to give the exact recipe as I was adjusting things on the fly. Rakarth Flesh mixed with black and blue wash was used a basecoat in a few thin layers and I kept adding palish shades for the highlights. Later I kept adding various glazes to get a deeper tone.

11 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

. Btw. there is something wrong with your painted model count: 4781 can't be the correct number, or you have a time vehicle stored in your garage.

Ha, well spotted mate! Thanks for pointing that out, that 7 shouldn't be there :)

12 hours ago, H4ml3t said:

I get a feeling of satisfaction when I finish painting a model and I like how it came out. Other times, I feel like I deserve a Medal just for assembling the &*!@ thing. Mysterious Emissary assembled and awaiting paint.

I like the picture of just the clipped sprue, leaves you a mysterious feeling.

• Like 1

I finished the Mysterious Emissary completing my initial pledge for the month and bringing me to 31ss so far. I'm traveling (with my paint and models) but don't have my light box so these pics  of the Emissary will have to do.

I'm going to start working on Mr. Tannen, Cherub and the Mysterious Effigy and hopefully I'll finish 2-3 by the end of the year.

IMG_20171223_101305903.jpg

IMG_20171223_101334210.jpg

• Like 6