- A Debt To The Guild (1)
 - Transparency (1)
Master Queeg (7)
 - Promises (1)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Played variations of the upgrades in this list at a 3 game tournament. Took queeg and McTavish because I painted then this week. Went 3-0 vs titania, Asami, and Hoffman.

• Like 1

Lady Justice 

-ashwood coffin

-Justice unleashed

-swordfighter

Scale of Justice

The Jury

-a debt to the guild

Death Marshall receuiter

-a debt to the guild

Thalarian Queller

Austringer

Austringer

Watcher

Brutal Effigy

Won 9/7 against Reva.

But only beacause my opponent as charged the Queller with Reva and not Justice...probably Justice will be dead against 4 attack that cannot be prevented...and if she remain alive...she cannot heal.

I played another game against Molly tonight.   I brought a list from the other thread.  It was a nightmare matchup and didn't really pay attention to the schemes but managed to come away with the tie. 

The list was lucius with deep pockets,  scribe,  2 thralls,  4 guild guard,  and daschel with debt and arrest him. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fazza92 said:

Lady Justice 

-ashwood coffin

-Justice unleashed

-swordfighter

Scale of Justice

The Jury

-a debt to the guild

Death Marshall receuiter

-a debt to the guild

Thalarian Queller

Austringer

Austringer

Watcher

Brutal Effigy

Won 9/7 against Reva.

But only beacause my opponent as charged the Queller with Reva and not Justice...probably Justice will be dead against 4 attack that cannot be prevented...and if she remain alive...she cannot heal.

Justice should barely live, you can also stone defensively for plus to def and - to her damage -> if Justice get's to activate again, Reva's dead :)

(Justices chances for surviving this increase dramatically with Francisco btw ;) )

8 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Tieing against Molly of all masters with such a clump sounds amazing. Or did you fan out? (still amazing)

I clumped some but didn't put my scribe and one gg into it,  and when he started punk zombieing me I pulled out another.   I managed to summon 2 more gg, but he managed to slaughter everyone else there.   It still kept my opponent from scoring symbols until turn 3 so I called that a win.   My thralls and lucius ran roughshod over the other side and got all their symbols.  We both made some mistakes too (I didn't take punish against Molly,  My opponent didn't avoid public demo).

• Like 2

I used the following McMourning Beast crew in a game of extraction against Outcasts (jack daw) 

Im newly returned to the game and The Guild are a new faction having played Arcanists (mainly Marcus) previously, so his wave 5 upgrade really lets me use some of my old models! 

I think it worked really well, ended up with a 10-3 victory. It was my first time McMourning and although we don't have all the poison tricks Ressers do I like the Doug/Seb combo for chipping away 3 dmg every activation. 

I didn't go full out poison beast but more an all rounder due to scheme pool (I took covert breakthrough and quick murder on Montressor). Myranda and wrath or guild is great and reminds me of the Myrand-Imbued energies combo from arcanists. She turned into a Cerberus but I wanted to start with a blessed due to the filthy full heal combo with the nurse! 

I'm thinking of ways to get the Jury in the list as there are a few mask triggers this crew likes (Dougs push on scalpel fling, leap on Cerberus, Myranda making beasts take an extra attack). Could drop Seb and not play the poison game at all, it's certainly something I'm going to try. 

IMG_2113.JPG

• Like 1

On 11/14/2017 at 1:18 AM, Tris said:

Justice should barely live, you can also stone defensively for plus to def and - to her damage -> if Justice get's to activate again, Reva's dead :)

(Justices chances for surviving this increase dramatically with Francisco btw ;) )

So I've been struggling with this one a bit. I haven't played a lot of Lady J with the new upgrade but, for me, it has been very difficult to maintain El Mayor on Lady J now since she has more mobile skirmish approach to her game. Turn one is obviously easy and Francisco can move to where he knows Lady J needs to be (if you're not setting up a turn one dive for her). At the top of turn two we can assume they're standing together and, so long as Francisco goes first you're in good shape throughout two and most of three (assuming as well that Francisco activates late in turn three). 

Perhaps that is enough. I struggle to keep these two within 2" of one other for the beginning of Francisco's activation after round two. There is often work yet to do late in three and beyond. 

How are you tackling this? Is it only an early game buff? Do you move Lady J to end next to Francisco and try to position him to be where she needs to be? Do you find other ways (like Queeg I suppose) to help re-position one or the other?

Don't play LJ but in general I find it hard to keep Francos buff on the same model all through the game. He either dies around turn 2-3 or my models will be gone from him. Just buff something else if possible and use him as the great beater he is. During turn 2 you should be able to take out the worst threats to LJ and/or move her into a safer position so it's no as necessary. If you can't keep her safe without it you might be able to bounce her back to be near Francisco with the swordfighter push.

1 hour ago, Trample said:

So I've been struggling with this one a bit. I haven't played a lot of Lady J with the new upgrade but, for me, it has been very difficult to maintain El Mayor on Lady J now since she has more mobile skirmish approach to her game. Turn one is obviously easy and Francisco can move to where he knows Lady J needs to be (if you're not setting up a turn one dive for her). At the top of turn two we can assume they're standing together and, so long as Francisco goes first you're in good shape throughout two and most of three (assuming as well that Francisco activates late in turn three). 

Perhaps that is enough. I struggle to keep these two within 2" of one other for the beginning of Francisco's activation after round two. There is often work yet to do late in three and beyond. 

How are you tackling this? Is it only an early game buff? Do you move Lady J to end next to Francisco and try to position him to be where she needs to be? Do you find other ways (like Queeg I suppose) to help re-position one or the other?

Of course it all depends on what you`re facing and which schemes/strats you`re playing (it`s maybe a different thing when eliminate is in the pool for example), but yeah, you don`t need her el mayored all the time.

Basically you should be fine with an el mayored Justice on turns one to thre if you can manage, most of the threatening stuff should be dead by then :P

Like the Reva example - she`s the main dd in that crew, and el mayor gives you a stat that`s 1 up on her attack - if she keeps attacking you from range (difficult to begin with, as you`ll likely wreck all her corpses in proximity) you can heal afterwards, if she charges in you`ll have to weather the storm, but you`re def 7 so could even dodge an attack or two, then kill her (barring any jokers).

El mayor becomes less important then.

Also Don`t underestimate Francs "teleport" - he can jump in late in one turn, get on early in the next, apply his buff and kill something all by himself :)

Got a lot of options nowadays with the lovely Lady ;)

Did nellie against yan lo tonight. 

50 SS Guild Crew
Nellie Cochrane + 5 Pool
 - Delegation (1)
 - Misleading Headlines (1)
 - Guild Funds (1)
The Printing Press (3)
Samael Hopkins (9)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
 - Vengeance Bullet (1)
Allison Dade (8)
 - Transparency (1)
Domador de Cadaveres (7)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Guild Investigator (6)
Rotten Belle (5)
Field Reporter (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

The delay into lure into hot off the presses all went off great,  leaving  a burning and humiliated incorporal  yan lo staring down the hopkins vengeance bullet,  debt to the guild, rapid fire.   But I blacked the vengance bullet damage,  abd missed another one so I only did 3 damage to him (+3 for burning abd 2 for humiliation)

The sad thing is even with another rapid fire Sam didn't kill yl.   But then I discovered a synergy that got me my kill.   The domador can use life and death and nellie can cheat the moderate damage in to heal herself and blast off her.  Pretty cool. 

6-4 result. 

• Like 2

50 SS Guild Crew
Sonnia Criid + 4 Pool
 - No More Masks (1)
 - Badge Of Office (2)
 - Cherufe's Imprint (1)
Phiona Gage (8)
 - Transparency (1)
Executioner (9)
 - Ready To Work (0)
Witchling Thrall (9)
Thalarian Queller (6)
Field Reporter (4)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Field Reporter (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)
This game we played story encounter from Broken Promises. It was Duel of the Century (TT). And it was very great. Firstly it was fun cause of the no more masks, I didn't think that i will use this upgrade ever, but here it was great,  and cherufe imprint really countered enemy leader because he couldn't use soulstones. And i killed enemy master ( Wrath) in one turn, without taking damage 
  • Like 1

I did a Hoffman game vs. Pandora and his little totem saved maaaaany many pings :).

Hoffman

-Remote Mnes (2)

- Field Mechanic (2)

- arcanist assets (1)

Mechanical Attendant (2)

Ryle (10)

Peacekeeper (11)

- Numb to the world (1)

Guardian (7)

Metal Gamin (4)

Warden (6)

Watcher (4)

It was a hilarious game because the peacekeeper went on a killing streak and ryle just was a better mechanic going with him to heal up. Pandora was stuck with the guardian and the attendant, that saved me so many little pings. Peacekeeper being immune to conditions i don`t like was just sick!

• Like 1

Played reckoning today vs Perdita. 

Reckoning, Corner Deployment
Always: Claim Jump
Tome: Leave Your Mark
Doubles: Eliminate the Leadership
3: Show of force
12: A Quick Murder

Lucius 4+1 cache
 surprisingly loyal, deep pockets, condescending
Emissary
 brutal conflux
Doppleganger
 debt
Francisco
 wade in
 debt
Trapper
4 Changeling
4 Reporter
2 Scribe

Perdita also had Francisco and the emissary, a reporter, a watcher, peacekeeper, a sanctioned spellcaster and the totem. 

The table was a bit too cluttered for the snipers to have to much impact except restricting his movement somewhat. I used my emissary with Franco's buff and near the scribe to charge in straight into the center of his crew and bury the opposing Francisco so it would pop up in my home corner and keep him out of the fight. My Francisco and the dopple hid behind a house within 6" of the center and scored me show of force. It made me give a way three VP since he had predictably taken a quick murder. I had claim jump picked but only scored from it once. I ended up killing Perdita, the emissary and Francisco but could hardly den't the peacekeeper. I messed up badly by not killing the reporter as the first action of the game despite having a good enough hand to push it. That reporter ended up denying me two points on claim jump that I could have easily done otherwise.

50 SS Guild Crew
McMourning + 5 Pool
 - Test Subjects (1)
 - Guild Coroner (1)
Master Queeg (7)
Rougarou (8)
Rougarou (8)
Guild Investigator (6)
Guild Investigator (6)
Field Reporter (4)
Field Reporter (4)
Field Reporter (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

50 SS Guild Crew
Nellie Cochrane + 6 Pool
 - Delegation (1)
 - Misleading Headlines (1)
 - Guild Funds (1)
The Printing Press (3)
Phiona Gage (8)
 - Wrath of The Guild (1)
The Jury (8)
 - Numb To The World (1)
Brutal Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of Propaganda (0)
Thalarian Queller (6)
Field Reporter (4)
Field Reporter (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Win 8-6 against Reva

Played a 2-1 game againstNB Lynch last night.   I ran the following

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: dita murder 50ss 
Leader: Perdita Ortega - Cache:(2)
   Fastest Draw in Malifaux 1ss 
   Trick Shooting 2ss 
   Aura Ancestral 1ss 
Enslaved Nephilim 3ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Abuela Ortega 7ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 
Monster Hunter 6ss 

I got too killy and picked schemes poorly.

I suck at Sonnia. Irredeemably.

Sonnia, chain activation, walls, negatives to Ca

Samael, +1dmg, no conditions

handler

2x stalker

2x hound

watcher

effigy

First game vs. grow list Titania. Hand with nothing lower than 9, Sonnia chain into Samael and still didn’t kill anything. Didn’t even set anything on fire. :huh:

Second game vs. Hoffman alpha strike list. I watched it deploy and knew I was doomed. I didn’t know he also had a hand of 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 rams and RJ, but I found out real fast. :o

Even if Hoffman hadn’t hired the child instead, it couldn’t chain activate to block the third avenue of approach. At best I could (and did) block two at the bottlenecks on the centerline. Probably the wrong two, but 24” walk could’ve jogged around and taken the third no matter which it was.

Sonnia might have done better on her pair of prevention flips, I note.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

handler

2x stalker

2x hound

watcher

effigy

First game vs. grow list Titania. Hand with nothing lower than 9, Sonnia chain into Samael and still didn’t kill anything. Didn’t even set anything on fire. :huh:

Second game vs. Hoffman alpha strike list. I watched it deploy and knew I was doomed. I didn’t know he also had a hand of 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 rams and RJ, but I found out real fast. :o

What does this Hoffman alpha strike look like? :)

35 minutes ago, Tris said:

What does this Hoffman alpha strike look like? :)

There's at least two ways of going at it. Both of them involve Hoffman buffing up something rather big and nasty like Joss, Howard or Peacekeeper. If Hoff has mobile toolkit, he can them :+fate:s, extra armor, Fast, extra :rams, nimble or some other nasty stuff (not everything though).

Then he can either Machine Puppet the big nasty forward or do some Emissary bury shenanigans to get the big nasty more or less anywhere on the board. He doesn't really have to worry about opponent activating before the big nasty gets to activate, because most crews can't really pose a threat to an armor +4 Peacekeeper, and even if they can, Hoff has ways to adjust the plan accordingly.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

handler

2x stalker

2x hound

watcher

effigy

Were you not stoning for the burning? At ca 9 I cant see how you missed with that hand.