Swordfighter is revealed! Your thoughts?

4thstringer

The 0 is going to be amazing, it's a slightly more expensive 'stalking bisento', but you don't need LOS to get it off (which, hello blind fighter).  

The hopping reposte shenanigans sounds interesting.  Since it's 'place', you could name a model on the other side of a wall, place on the other side of it, smack the model, and hop right back.  The possibilities sound like this will be the third default upgrade for LJ.  

21 minutes ago, trikk said:

Played a game with it. You can see it here. It worked quite well. You can read about it here

http://whinefaux.blogspot.com/2017/07/battle-report-lady-justice-versus.html

Literally the first thought when I saw your list was "Where's the scales?". Apparently you came to the same conclusion about its usefulness as I did by the time the game ended. :D

Reporters would also have been really useful in that scheme pool.

In that scheme pool on that table I would have been really tempted to try something like this:

50 SS Guild Crew
Lady Justice + 4 Pool
- Swordfighter (1)
- Badge Of Office (2)
Scales of Justice (3)
Francisco Ortega (8)
- Wade In (1)
- Hermanos de Armas (1)
Abuela Ortega (7)
- A Debt To The Guild (1)
Nino Ortega (7)
- Hair Trigger (1)
Guild Austringer (6)
Field Reporter (4)
Field Reporter (4)
Brutal Effigy (4)

Kind of hard for your opponent to score if he can't interact anywhere. It would paint a huge target on Nino, but you could have probably kept him alive at least a turn or two against that list.

Looks very promising! I would consider swapping Hair Trigger and 2 reporters fir 3 dogs to get to 10 activations but this seems cool.

I actually had pretty good result with Nino. If he had 6 Wds I would probably take him a lot more often but he really dies to a stiff breeze. But definitely looks very cool.

Its also worth noting we had crews before we set up the table :P

• Like 1

I enjoyed your report.   I haven't played hamelin in ages, so my understanding was poor.  One thing I noticed when I play with LJ (like dita and sonnia) I often earmark my high cards for them.   You were missing a lot with LJ. Were the cards just not there,  or were you using them elsewhere? 

On 7/11/2017 at 6:50 AM, Aaron said:

People seemed to be confused about whether it affected damage flips, so I just put it right on the card. The function is the exact same, but hopefully I get to avoid another FAQ.

There is that bit in the rules about "Effects that modify the damage flip will state they do so explicitly." (The last sentence of the Damage Flip rules...)  :tome

Just sayin'.  ;)

On 7/11/2017 at 6:50 AM, Aaron said:

People seemed to be confused about whether it affected damage flips, so I just put it right on the card. The function is the exact same, but hopefully I get to avoid another FAQ.

There is that bit in the rules about "Effects that modify the damage flip will state they do so explicitly." (The last sentence of the Damage Flip rules...)  :tome

Just sayin'.  ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, solkan said:

Just sayin'.  ;)

The real question is why recalled training is played like it affects damage flips when it doesn't specify that.

• Like 1

Don't think so. You wouldn't think "all flips" was very ambiguous. It might be that the part about needing to specifically reference damage flips is written within the context of when you have a modifier to an attack and not to reference all flip modifiers ever but I'm not sure since I'm on vacation from my books. It could also be that the upgrade was never meant to affect damage flips, it would certainly tone it down in my eyes. It's still one of those wtf upgrades for it's stone cost for me. I've contemplated starting TT just to get to use it.

Just faced it neverborn Lucius vs Lady Justice. 

Over the course of the game Lady Justice killed:

A path finder on a carnival caravan.

A waldgiest that hard to wound plus the usual armour (one shot from red).

A lawyer burnt through the negative flip and moderated to the face.

A wisp previously wounded by a hunter

A gupp that had juvenile wailed then attacked and been reposted.

And the resulting charging angry spawn mother by sponging a 2 severest via badge over the heart and a stone before declaring the 0 on the spawn mother.

Game ended 6-6 draw- damn good game.

• Like 2

I havent done the emissary yet.  Heres mine to the best of my memory.  In all three crews lj with badge and swordfighter, and the scales

Vs misaki in interference: (I take back saying I won this one by more than three.   This game was 6-4  because I took last stand and then didn't declare it first turn.   By third turn I had killed too much to get it. )

death marshall

Recruiter with debt

Clockwork trap

Grimwell with debt

Executioner with ready to work

Abuela with debt

2nd game  vs kirai in turf war 10-4

Recruiter with debt

Killjoy with numb

2x field reporters

2x dogs

And third game vs resser tara in reckoning 8-3

Dr. Grimwell (9)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
 - Wade In (1)
Master Queeg (7)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Sanctioned Spellcaster (5)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Guild Hound (3)

• Thanks 1

Do you guys think Swordfighter has basically removed the need for Last Stand? 

Unimpeded is now basically only useful when charging or if you need to walk 3 times in severe terrain...  Doing Acrobatic Assault is actually better than 2 walks (8"+60mm Vs 10") and it gets around all terrain & elevation

I guess it depends on if you have enough Marshals to make use of With Me... & the strat/schemes call for bunching.

I don`t think Swordfighter makes it worthless. Unimpended is pretty table-dependant. Sometimes charging into severe terrain with 3 attacks vs placing and doing 2 is a big difference.

Last Stand also works a lot better with Recruiters as you can push them towards Justice for the 4:aura

2 hours ago, Da Git said:

Do you guys think Swordfighter has basically removed the need for Last Stand? 

Unimpeded is now basically only useful when charging or if you need to walk 3 times in severe terrain...  Doing Acrobatic Assault is actually better than 2 walks (8"+60mm Vs 10") and it gets around all terrain & elevation

I guess it depends on if you have enough Marshals to make use of With Me... & the strat/schemes call for bunching.

I meant last stand the crappy scheme.  I like to take it in my less than competitive games.