Calling Abyssinia

rancor709

4 hours ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

Aesthetics are the best, but the numbers on the table are going to be a disadvantage, which is the only thing giving me pause.

These models deadest rock though

Like Arcanists you make up with it with high stats and high numbers of cards. I'm fairly certain with that you can really make up for it.

11 minutes ago, horvagab said:

Hm, so I'm curious.... with Abyssinia having access to Soulstones via a temporary breach, I'm kinda curious whether we'll see them show up as a new faction in Malifaux.... or show up in an existing faction?

Really good question. What I believe is that they have breaches but also wouldn't be suprised if Earthside (but largely Africa) has Soulstones aswell. The way I see a real world parralel is having oil and diamonds, both of which can be found in Africa also. But if we'd suddenly have a portal to a world where we could struck 'infinite oil' you'd be certain we'd be all in that place also.

It's the stuff like this that allows for technological progression in our real world, where soulstones allow for magical progression in Wyrd's Earth and Malifaux. Obviously we shouldn't look for too many parralels but I think the thake on Soulstones is very intresting especially because it's also used to influence the world, like oil, diamonds and gold ;) .

Yep, I can totally see that, and I can also see that if a few soulstones have been brought over they can be recharged, or perhaps even more soulstones start popping up?

Just kinda looking for interactions/crossover with Malifaux.... though if some Horde-like entity shows up in NB, that's also fun enough for me :P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/29/2016 at 5:04 PM, Pyrflamme said:

So far they're my favorite in terms of aesthetics, and that's the important thing!

On 12/1/2016 at 11:15 PM, clockworkspide said:

Don't think I'll get into this much, but I have to say that Abyssinia wins out over the other factions if I do, based on aesthetics.

On 1/31/2017 at 7:05 AM, Harkevich said:

The aesthics have won it for me. As much as I liked the sculpts for guild stuff the whole heavy metal theme is fantastic.

What these peeps all said. The aesthetics won me over. One of the items in my backerkit order is the motorcycle because nothing screams tech tree like bringing a motorcycle with soulstone powered weapons to a cavalry fight.

• Like 1