Thoughts on Wong

JudgeDread

this week I will pick up my Wong Crew Box and was just wondering what people feel about Him as a master and what good add on's are to his Crew?

I feel like McTavish could be good with his hunting screen and Wong's own Iron Fan of Tsu Li  "Poof" trigger having a crew that is pretty hard to get a bead on.

I have read PMF and know about the Glowie KillJoy Etc. but wanted to hear more real experience thoughts with the Crew.

McTavish with "Glowy" and "ooo Glowy" is awesome.

Shooting with 6 plus ignoring everything (cover, random engage, armor, etc...), with +1 DMG make him a nightmare.

You can also try a Glowy killjoy pultbomb...but it's very expensive and not always that rewarding.

Last wednesday I've tried an idea...a original 100% Gremlin Mancharoja bomb

• Gracie with saddle
  • Get reactivate and drag Mancha Roja with her...
  • Move again and place Mancha Roja in the middle of the field at turn 1 ready to charge at 13"
  • It was Glowy and OOO glowy...

Not good times for my opponent :D 

With soulstones and a couple of good cards in hand you can kill almost any piece in the game with the paralyze + instantkill triggers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blacks85 said:

The problem of Gracie? charge 4 and engage 1" (or 2" maybe?)

She is slow as hell...

The advantage is that its very easy to give her 4 AP every turn. . With that she can cover more distance than another model. And the +1 damage from Ooh Glowy gets better the more attacks it effects. 

Magical assistant can be a useful totem for deck fixing. 

29 minutes ago, Blacks85 said:

The problem of Gracie? charge 4 and engage 1" (or 2" maybe?)

She is slow as hell...

She has Wk 4 but her Cg is 6. She is slow but, as Adran notes, 4 AP indeed helps quite a lot. She is also Unimpeded which can be handy on some table setups.

it might be a little points costly, but what about Lenny (9) and Gracie (10). Give Gracie Glowie and keep Lenny in toe (saddle) for the auto ram which makes Gracie 4/7/9 damage spread Armor +3 etc.... just wondering if that's sinking TOO many points in that set up?

1 hour ago, Math Mathonwy said:

She has Wk 4 but her Cg is 6. She is slow but, as Adran notes, 4 AP indeed helps quite a lot. She is also Unimpeded which can be handy on some table setups.

She is also not a Gremlin which means Trixie can push her forward.

I'd be careful about sinking too many points into your Glowy model. Killjoy is the extreme end of it, mostly because he will appear in the heart of your opponents crew so hopefully he'll make most of those points back.

• Like 1

ok so I planned out SS costs. I think Wong (3DB, Ooo glowie, Ex Sol.(5)) Assistant (3) 2 lighting bugs (10) gracie (10) Burt(7), Macha Roja (10)= 45 points with 5 for upgrades like saddle, dirty cheater etc. 

Or switch out Macha Roja for Lenny with the love it pet it for 10= same points.... 

Has anyone found any great use for Macha Roja? 

8 hours ago, JudgeDread said:

I know I kinda 180'ed from my original direction but I noticed with Burt and Gracie it's all "Big trouble in little china" themed. Which is WAY COOLER then going for the win!!

Its even better if you go up against a Yan Lo crew since hes Lo Pan.

• Like 3

Not a big fan of Mancha. The only time I would take him is if I know I'm going up against a condition heavy opponent (such as Arcanists) and then he would get picked up with the Mud Toss upgrade so that he would be useful even if he didn't have a melee target right away. Now that McTavish is out (who can also take Mud Toss) I don't really see a reason to bring him anymore.

12 minutes ago, D6Damager said:

Not a big fan of Mancha. The only time I would take him is if I know I'm going up against a condition heavy opponent (such as Arcanists) and then he would get picked up with the Mud Toss upgrade so that he would be useful even if he didn't have a melee target right away. Now that McTavish is out (who can also take Mud Toss) I don't really see a reason to bring him anymore.

I absolutely loved him.

But I've done only 2 games with Gremlin so I'll have to try him more.

At the moment, he's a very tough (Df6 henchaman) high threat

11 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Its even better if you go up against a Yan Lo crew since hes Lo Pan.

I thought Wong was Lo Pan, the Assistant is the chines girl with green eyes, the lighting bugs are the three storms or what ever and Macha Roja is the under Ground Monster thing that grabs Gracie Law. and then Burt and Gracie as Jack and Gracie.. but if Yen Lo is Lo Pan then who is Wong i wonder?...... Interesting

Wong is totally Egg Shen. I mean, his bag only has three demons, not six, but I bet it still has wind, fire, all that kind of thing in it. He gives a buddy a "potion" that lets him see things no one else can see, do things no one else can do. Probably give 'em a huge buzz, too. 

• Like 1

Chronicles issue 5 has an article about Burt, Wong and Gracie. And how they came up with them.  This as well before 2nd edition, so I don't know how much the assistant and the lightening bugs follow on from this original homage.