Weird, Imaginative, or Terribly Thematic lists

So, as a fairly new player to Malifaux, I've come to the conclusion that I'm probably never going to be terribly competitive with the game. However I am quite smitten with the fluff and model variety that this game has to offer. I thought that, since I want to put 'fun' ahead of 'winning', I'd start playing some off-the-wall lists strictly for giggles. I have no plans of winning with any of them, but I want to laugh and have a good time with my opponent. So I'm farming the community for 50ss lists that you think would be strange, funny, or very thematic to see across from you. I'm also willing to field illegal teams for fun matches (as long as it still seems fair or advantageous to my opponent). They don't have to be fully fleshed-out either. I'll take concepts.

Here's a few that I've already come up with.

Sausagefest Seamus - Seamus leading a crew strictly consisting of male figures (that means no summoning)

Birdemic (Illegal) - Marcus and and 15-16 Malifaux raptors. Optionally remove enough raptors to fit Myranda, but she can only shapechange into another raptor.

Soviet Russia - Rasputina leading a crew of strictly ice constructs (gamin, golem) and Slate Ridge Maulers.

Avatar: The Legend of Mei Feng - Mei Feng Leading a trio each of Ice, Wind, Fire, and Metal Gamin

The Seven Samurai - McCabe, Misaki, Mei Feng, or Shen Long with 6 Samurai

Malpractice - McMourning (On the clock, I think) Sebastian, Nurse, Dr. Grimwell, Nurse Heartsbane, Orderly x2

Obsessive Compulsive - Nicodem, Kirai, or Molly. Any model that can be taken in threes MUST be taken in a trio. All summoning must first attempt to restore these sets of three or start a new one (no summoning rare 2 or less models).

Team Backstab - 10T master and only dual faction models. Get as many factions in the list as possible.

Hammer Time - Mei Feng, Kang (Hammer alt.), The Captain, Johan, Taelor, Union Miner (Sledgehammer sculpt), Rail Worker (Sledgehammer sculpt)

22 minutes ago, Kaiser Senpai said:

Hammer Time - Mei Feng, Kang (Hammer alt.), The Captain, Johan, Taelor, Union Miner (Sledgehammer sculpt), Rail Worker (Sledgehammer sculpt)

*enters thread*

*breaks down, sobbing hysterically*

*leaves again with nothing but pure constructs in tow*

[We have been trying out Malpractice lately locally. Once a Lilith list destroyed it one doctor at a time; we called that match Alternative Medicine. Once it started to get rolling against a Witch Hunter list but stalled for lack of time; we called that match Dr. Grimwell's Professional Mixer. Electroshocking Dr. McMourning forward with Nurse Heartsbane is good clean fun, and keeps his hair in tiptop condition.]

I love how " However I am quite smitten with the fluff and model variety that this game has to offer. I thought that, since I want to put 'fun' ahead of 'winning', I'd start playing some off-the-wall lists strictly for giggles. " lead two people to post horrible spam lists that would quite probably be thoroughly unenjoyable to face. ;) 

Marcus can do a lot of fun theme lists. For example all pigs without a single model to control them so they always have to charge ;) He can also field only Resser beasts which is a cool theme.

If you declare Lucius as Neverborn you can hire 4 corrupted hounds and 4 guild hounds. Not sure what you would flesh that out with but it's a fun theme and only costs 25 stones (1 for the upgrade and 24 for 8 hounds).

Guild brings the list known sometimes as the Foxhunt list (see Puppies and ponies thread) with McCabe and Guild hounds and whatever mounted riders that player likes. There was a guardsmen gunline list once but that has been left far behind.

I wasn't exaggerating about the pure construct list earlier either. When the Resser asks what on my side is living, and I only point to Hoffman, the Resser gets annoyed (and goes and buys a box of canine remains just to make a point).

Seven Samurai makes me giggle.

"Nothing to see here"
Candy with Kade, Iggy, Terror Tot and...Mr Tannen (I actually tried this list once - it's pretty decent)

10x Ten Thunders
Jacob Lynch, Hungering Darkness and 8 other 10-Thunders models. Another list I used once - with Lynch it's very capable, depending on the Strat and Schemes. Using Misaki might be more in theme though. ;)

The Pig-Master
Marcus with nothing but Warpigs, Piglets and Wild Boars. Maybe a Hog whisperer or two for some level of control. A list I haven't tried, but would love to some day!

"Woof!"
Nix Leading a crew of Guild Hounds, Canine Remains and Corrupted Hounds. 

Fox Hunting
McCabe, Luna, 4x Guild Hounds and any combination of Mounted Guard, the Lone Marshall and Pale Rider.

"Catch me if you Can!"
Zoraida w. Animal Shape, Spawn Mother and any combination of Silurid and Gupps. 

Ladies Night Out
Molly Squidpidge w. 10x Rotten Belles. Take that Leveticus! :D

Shovels for Everyone!
Tara w Karina and 7 Death Marshalls.

• Like 1

After hearing something similar on a podcast the other day I was thinking of doing a 'We're going all inclusive' list (ie cant be charged).

So Misaki with Disguise upgrade (2ss)

Malifaux Child (2 ss)

Rusty Alyce (10ss)

3 x Ronin (18 ss)

3 x Desperate Mercanary (12 ss)

Add a couple of upgrades and you've got yourself a holiday!

Almost forgot about the Obey list!

Zoraida with Crystal Ball (2ss)

Mysterious Emissary (10ss) with Conflux of Fate (0ss)

Doppleganger (7ss)

Hannah (11ss)

Vasilisa (9ss)

Widow Weaver (8ss)

Put the weaver in just to make sure theres a bit less willpower to resist the obeys!

And who needs scheme runners when you can just get you're opponents crew to do it for you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Doesn't Vasilisa have an obey for them to copy?

The malifaux child can also be taken for an extra obey.

Good point. But wouldn't Changelings give more Obeys per point?

On 22/02/2016 at 5:50 PM, feagaur said:

And who needs scheme runners when you can just get you're opponents crew to do it for you?

If you Obey a model to place a scheme marker it will place a marker that is friendly to the crew that hired it, you also can't remove friendly scheme markers with Interacts. The Interact to give a model a condition schemes only lets models put them on enemy models. Obey can help with things like Frame for Murder, Detonate the Charges and a few others. And of course denying points by getting enemies out of position.

57 minutes ago, Bengt said:

Good point. But wouldn't Changelings give more Obeys per point?

If you Obey a model to place a scheme marker it will place a marker that is friendly to the crew that hired it, you also can't remove friendly scheme markers with Interacts. The Interact to give a model a condition schemes only lets models put them on enemy models. Obey can help with things like Frame for Murder, Detonate the Charges and a few others. And of course denying points by getting enemies out of position.

Good points all around. Obeys still place markers friendly to the original crew and can never remove their own scehem markers so runners would be necessary. Sounds like changelings would solve both problems actually. 

On 2/21/2016 at 6:12 AM, Ludvig said:

Marcus can do a lot of fun theme lists. For example all pigs without a single model to control them so they always have to charge ;) He can also field only Resser beasts which is a cool theme.

If you declare Lucius as Neverborn you can hire 4 corrupted hounds and 4 guild hounds. Not sure what you would flesh that out with but it's a fun theme and only costs 25 stones (1 for the upgrade and 24 for 8 hounds).

What kind of fun themed lists can Marcus do? Contemplating picking up his crew box sometime in the future and not sure which out-of-faction beasts to get. 

As for Lucius and the dog handler list, perhaps some ranged support and scheme runners to help walk the dogs.

For a themed list I'm waiting for the black blood shamans to go: "My blood is black"

Lilith, Angel Eyes, Scion of BB, 2x Black blood shamans, 2x bloodwretches filling leftover points with terror tots for maximum black blood.

1 minute ago, The Warlock said:

What kind of fun themed lists can Marcus do? Contemplating picking up his crew box sometime in the future and not sure which out-of-faction beasts to get. 

As for Lucius and the dog handler list, perhaps some ranged support and scheme runners to help walk the dogs.

For a themed list I'm waiting for the black blood shamans to go: "My blood is black"

Lilith, Angel Eyes, Scion of BB, 2x Black blood shamans, 2x bloodwretches filling leftover points with terror tots for maximum black blood.

Yeah, Nephilim are a nice theme.

The dogs are themselves very decent scheme runners, I'd say the Lucius list could use some heavy lifters that can take a punch.

Marcus can go with canine remains + a rogue necromancy to try and use poison synergies and get the dogs to charge for 1 ap. I think the razorspines and Myranda already have auto poison on their attacks so they mesh well.

Marcus can also do a silly dog list with 4 corrupted hounds, 4 guild hounds and canine remains to your hearts content. If you really wanted to you can do only dogs since canines have no rare value. He could also do a swampfiend list since I believe all the swampfiends except McTavish and Bad Juju are beasts. McTavish can of course be merced in to provide some very accurate shooting once you swamp (I had to) people with the rest of your crew.

• Like 1