UK Nationals 2016 - 12-13 November

OldManMyke

4 hours ago, Reagusmage said:

Add me and a +1 to the reserve list, if some miracle a crapload of people drop out :P

In future, are you looking to larger venues to allow more people to join? I know a lot of people usual wait until a few weeks before an event before buying tickets, if that were the case could potentially be a lot of people in the UK who would have attended who now can't

Just food for thought from a newbie to the game who wants to attend as many events as possible! :)

Who are you?

If we stay at 128ish for this year then I will look at expanding next year but we have gone from 66 in 2014 to 88 in 2015 to 128 in 2016 so I need to be sure that I can handle that level of numbers.

The issue with bigger events than 128 is that we start to exceed the capacity of gaming venues and thus have to look for alternatives.  This has an impact on price which therefore has a knock on effect on attendance.

Having said that I do have a couple of places in mind that i will be investigating.

On the tickets thing, I'm afraid with big popular events like this that is always going to be an issue.  The event is always going to sell out so folks just have to make plans plenty of time in advance.

I can't put the tickets on sale with like a month to go because that doesn't give me enough lead time to purchase the swag etc. 

Oh, my names David Harvey - Thanks

I understand, I think the problem is when people who are new to the hobby want to attend events and if they are fully booked several months in advance its just a bit annoying as you can imagine! hehe

I'm sure having a bigger event with greater prices wouldn't necessarily put people off, heck as someone who's come from Warmachine people were more than happy to spend £20 on a ticket and £60 on a venue for a weekend of gaming, the more players the more opportunities for games!

Either way, if by some miracle me and my friend manage to get in, we'll see you there! :P hehe

http://www.midlandmotorhomes.co.uk/gallery.htm

Could 'we' park the 707 at the games venue?

And if so anyone interested, I would not want to go with more than 4 in a sleeps 6, for example the 707, this would give more room and not be too 'nerd smelly'

£395 + costs for 3 nights. divided by 4 peeps.

Post or PM me if anyone interested.

I land at the Airport early Friday evening and this company has an Airport pickup service.

23 minutes ago, James_H said:

Hey I am on both the entry list and the reserves list(James Henley) Nick Featherstone payed for my ticket at the same time he got his, can I confirm that I have a spot? Cheers!

Yes you have a place

On 26 July 2016 at 10:24 AM, Ceodoc said:

http://www.midlandmotorhomes.co.uk/gallery.htm

Could 'we' park the 707 at the games venue?

And if so anyone interested, I would not want to go with more than 4 in a sleeps 6, for example the 707, this would give more room and not be too 'nerd smelly'

£395 + costs for 3 nights. divided by 4 peeps.

Post or PM me if anyone interested.

I land at the Airport early Friday evening and this company has an Airport pickup service.

you would have to contact the venue directly, I have no idea if this is possible or not, sorry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I was looking forward to it but no I've moved away from Cardiff I'm just so busy as I'm committed to going back there at least once a month and have so much other stuff on that something had to give.  And with the Nationals taking up two days it was the easiest to make way.  Am signed up for the team tournament in May though and hoping to make next years Nationals.

41 minutes ago, jonahmaul said:

Hey, unfortunately too much stuff going on in real life means that I need to drop out of this.  How do I go about making my ticket available to the next person on the reserve list please?

Hi! 

I'm the "voice-keeper" of the first guy in the waiting list, and I'm happy to say he still on waiting to come in.

So I believe there shouldn't be any problem.

I wait - anywyay - the BossMike reply

7 hours ago, OldManMyke said:

Worth pointing out that at lease one of the games at Nationals will use book schemes rather than GG2016 

The event is operating under the Gaining Grounds 2016 rules with the following exceptions.  

Strategy and Schemes

Strategies and Schemes will be given out to each player at the start of each round, before the round timer is started.

Well I'm glad that was made clear beforehand...

My issue with this is like last year, feels very late to be told this as whether or not it's considered a change as it definitely was not clear.

Again (like last year) I still stand by the TO to make their decision to do what they want with the event, as Mike has even offered a refund. However the ticket price typically is not the major cost of a tournament which a lot of people would've paid for months ago. Accommodation for one may have been arranged and non-refundable.

Sure I'll get some flak or some "clever" responses but I just wish to be honest and clear.

Gaining Grounds 2016 regards schemes

There are two charts of Schemes from which Schemes can be generated; the one on pg. 68 of the core M2E book and the one at the back of this document. Which chart is being used to determine Schemes for the event is up to the Organizer and must be made public before the event. Whichever chart is chosen must be consistently used throughout the event.
Unlike the Strategy, which the players know in advance of the tournament, the Scheme Pool is randomized, and the players do not have any fore-warning.

At most a technical issue in reality an issue because most people assume GG2016 = only GG2016 schemes which it doesn't. 

Surprised this would upset people given the comedy crew selection :mellow:

• Like 1