Chronicles - June 2015

The Great Debate  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As they seem musically themed, is Mercury a tip of the hat to Freddie Mercury....he even has a pencil thin moustache. Complete opposite of Freddie's physique, but then that i suppose is the point.

Flying Monkeys...?Wizard of Oz?

Kinks, Alice Cooper and Thin Lizzy......some cracking music being blasted out in Wyrd Towers.

• Like 1

Only read the first part of the debate so far and looking forward to reading the other two.  It's less of a debate and more of an agreement at this point though, hope there's more arguing soon!  I loved the intro to the debate though, great way to draw in the readers based on the controversy/debate that previous articles drew.

Also curious about the Carnival box being released outside Gencon. Not really around my corner. ^^

Also Im very curious to find out what makes Ramos and Colette some of the best masters. Especially Ramos (bought his box just for Langston. Would like to play Ramos, just not sure how). If Mike reads this, please elaborate. Or someone else. ^^

Also curious about the Carnival box being released outside Gencon. Not really around my corner. ^^

All Gencon releases are for sale on Wyrd's webstore over the whole weekend so don't need to be able to attend the con (expect shipping/delivery to take a while though as they get back to a lot of orders!).

I loved the Dark Carnival story, and am absolutely picking up their box set at GenCon.

What I loved about the story is that it inspired me to make some alternate models based on members of the carnival not in the box.

Mr. Peanuts: Slate Ridge Mauler

The ribbon acrobats: Coryphee

Also, my Boris the Dancing Bear and Cojo in a bowler (see avatar) will slide right into place with these people. 

Also Aaron, that really wasn't a debate, it was mostly "the great agreement"

I don't think you can have a winner when they both agree all the time and aren't actually debating.

Eh. There are some disagreements in there, though they largely make their own points rather than going after the other person's points. But since largely the point was to talk about Malifaux and have fun in a discussion format, I think you can still pick a "winner."

Based on feedback I've gotten, I think it was a relative success in that people enjoyed the article and it provided tactics. We may be able to eek out a bit more of a debate in the future, I may have softballed them too much.

• Like 1

Very interested to hear what people think of the articles themselves.

Do you like the debate? Would you like to see more?

Does Mason know how to write an adventure?

Etc etc

The "debate" was really great. At least in the sense of length. Seriously, this was boring, occasionally far-fetched and mostly characterless. I had to enforce myself to grind through all three, painfully long parts. The only viable part for me was the one where they needed to build a crew for a set strategy/scheme pool. Those kind of things (why a player picks that particular model, what was the thinking behind getting those upgrades etc.) I would love to read (in a tighter form) in future issues combined with a short battle report and some after action thoughts about how successful were the pre-game plans. Making it a well rounded battle report. Hope you don't mind the frank criticism.

• Like 1

I really appreciated the debate article for the information and perspective it offered, and would love to see more.  But I have to agree with previous comments that there was way too little "debate" and too  much agreement to vote on a winner.

I thought the story articles were excellent as well, and I think it was great to have a story to debut the nightmare crew.  But after reading the Dark Carnival story, I am severely disappointed that there is no Mr. Peanuts in the Dark Carnival box ;) 
  • Like 1

I've only had the chance to skim through and look at the pictures so far, but I'm unreasonably excited about all the good stuff being released at GenCon.  Lots of great artwork as always, and I can't wait to get some time to read the stories since those are always enjoyable.