Lady Justice issues

trikk

So I started fanatically playing Lady Justice and I wanted to know....

Is it me or is she lacking something?

Pros:

Good dmg, but better if not charging

14 Wds

7 Wp

Heal

Cons

She has low Df for a melee

No HtK or HtW or Armour

better when not charging

Vendetta costs 2SS and is limited (I much prefer Badge of Office)

Whenever I play her I feel that despite the 14 Wds she can`t take much of a pounding compared to other masters (as she has to be in melee to do something most of the time)

Riposte is ok but in 3 games I managed to trigger it once or twice (despite getting attacked in melee around 20 times). 

Last game I got chomped by Howard Langston fairly easy (Mi7 vs Df5)

I can`t also see the reason to (strategy-wise) pick her over any other guild master

What are your thoughts?

Lady J definitely goes down fast when a bunch of things are targeting her.  And they target her rightfully so, because she does some nasty damage if you don't deal with her!

I've been told that the key to playing her is knowing when to put her out there.  I've never figured out the best timing, myself.  I'm sure others will have much more to contribute on this!

Try playing her with an agressive Df. Save high cards for when she is attacked, and spend stones to get the suit if you need it. You will see her survive much much longer, and probably take out quite a lot.
Personally I really don't rate her onslaught, so Badge of office is pretty handy.

Df stance is great on her, as are other defensive buffs, such as Francisco or the guardian.

If you're not afraid of her reposting, you've not seen her do it properly. I've Charged her with Marcus, and over the course of 4 attacks she reposted twice, so she did more damage to Marcus than he did to her.

Just take Francisco and Sidir with her. Francisco can give the much needed buff in Df and Sidir can keep keep Francisco alive and give all three :+fate to melee attacks, so you can save more cards for defending.

Yeah, if you want to tank something, these two are the way to go. Add Brutal and a Lawyer and she's quite tanky.

If you just want to point at something and take it out as a tactical missile, keep her cheap, hold her back a turn, then make a bee line and let her die after something is gone.

That's about it. Never forget her Condition removal and Minion buff. They are quite good and easily overshadowed by her sword.

• Like 1

I would dance naked on the beach if Ash had a self-healing 0 action or Blood had Riposte kind of thing...

Yes

and if Lady J had 2 activations, option for one turn fast,  :+fate attack flip which ignores all deff abilities with min damage 5 I`d be dancing next to you ;)

Just take Francisco and Sidir with her. Francisco can give the much needed buff in Df and Sidir can keep keep Francisco alive and give all three  :+fate to melee attacks, so you can save more cards for defending.

Problem is I don`t play Family (although I plan on bringing Francisco instead of the Guardian)  and Sidir is waiting in the box :D

• Like 2

To be fair Lady J's resilience can be upped by the humble Lawyer but you shouldn't really have to pay 6ss for a babysitter. Same goes with Francisco, I don't like paying 8ss + 1ss for Wade In just to babysit Lady J all game long. It often feels like those 6 or 9 stones could be better spent elsewhere. 

As for her Damage I have to look at Lilith as an example as she shares the same weapon. Lilith has multiple ways of getting the enemy to her without relying on other models help so she doesn't have to charge and thus gains the  :+fate to Damage. Lady J has to rely on the Judge's (0) for the most part which isn't particularly reliable. Lady J I find often has to let the enemy come to her or charge and hope she survives long enough to get the  :+fate next turn. 

I've found myself charging lone models and hoping they die so I don't get sucker punched next turn. 

Which ones do you prefer?

If you are talking about strategies for Lady J, they would be Turf War and Squatter's rights. Sometimes the table will also force your opponent to approach you through a narrow opening or something.

If you are talking about strategies for Lady J, they would be Turf War and Squatter's rights. Sometimes the table will also force your opponent to approach you through a narrow opening or something.

In an ideal world this is definitely true but Lady J has such a reputation nobody in their right mind will willing walk up to or even engage her without a damn good chance of dropping her ass before she can retaliate. In my experience it either becomes a stand-off to see who's willing engage who first or Lady J is forced into dealing with a threat before it can do too much damage. 

In an ideal world this is definitely true but Lady J has such a reputation nobody in their right mind will willing walk up to or even engage her without a damn good chance of dropping her ass before she can retaliate. In my experience it either becomes a stand-off to see who's willing engage who first or Lady J is forced into dealing with a threat before it can do too much damage.

Which means that you must be able to benefit from the stand-off or pick another master to play.

Which means that you must be able to benefit from the stand-off or pick another master to play.

This is basically the result of my experiences. A lot of the time Lady J cannot get much out of the stand off and has to commit herself (mixed results) and more often than not I just don't use her. I find her particularly boring these days.