Pandora... how do you even *begin*?

Clement

I don't get it.

I've got a local who plays Pandora really exclusively, and anything I run into the crew is brutally murdered normally around turn 3 in an orgy of Inflict pulses.  Short of observing at least a 7 inch gap between EVERYTHING I can possibly field, I'm flat out of ideas on how to deal with this lady.  He basically crams her down my throat, and Resser's "meh" wp stats more or less end it for me in a pile of bodies.  It doesn't matter which limited upgrade he takes, the result is still her darting into enough models that I care about and melting all of it over the course of a turn.

Anyone managed to turn the tables on her and actually *STOP* this thing?  Because right now she's just table flippingly infuriating to deal with.  I honestly am out of ideas.

Molly - making Belles and Horrors/Spirits Black blood all over her

Sybelle - shoot a friendly or nearby Sorrow and blast damage onto her 

Punk - Slice 'n' Dice

Crooligans - Lower her WP by 1, nasty combo: cast blistering fog and then black blood (from Molly) & Slice 'n' Dice for minimum 2 damage (from Crooligan failing Df duel and handing out 2 from Black Blood) to  potentially 6 damage (2 from Crooligan, 3+1 from Slice and blistering fog) Pandora would have to use 2 soulstones to prevent the damage as they are two separate damage sources. Ouch.

See now I would love my opponent to bring a Rogue Necro. Any good Pandora player makes it a priority target, and Pandoras threat range is bigger so you can almost always get the first attack in. 4/5/6 becomes 5/6/7 with misery so 2 hits = auto kill.

Seamus has always proven tough to play against from my experience. Yin also. And Nurses if my hand is weak, recently got paralyzed for 3 turns in a row from a yin/nurse combo.

• Like 1

I am NOT a Resur, but I found the best way to kill Pandora is to start dismantling her crew, first the poltergeist and weaver widow, then sorrows and finally her. Most of the ones I see lack a heavy hitter, which make little sense to me... sometimes you just have to kill someone.

She sure is! Sometimes though i've found myself wishing i'd brought another hitter, usually late game when she's off doing breakthrough or Entourage.

Your killing her crew tactic would serve you well against a thematic crew, but if she goes down the solo wrecking ball route, she cares little. I tend to run a pretty tough list around her so as not to give up anything easily.

See now I would love my opponent to bring a Rogue Necro. Any good Pandora player makes it a priority target, and Pandoras threat range is bigger so you can almost always get the first attack in. 4/5/6 becomes 5/6/7 with misery so 2 hits = auto kill.

Seamus has always proven tough to play against from my experience. Yin also. And Nurses if my hand is weak, recently got paralyzed for 3 turns in a row from a yin/nurse combo.

That's why I suggested summoning it. Nico and Molly can both summon and activate it before Pandora can react.

• 1 month later...