Is there a Malifaux personality test?

I have been summoned?

My usual method is finding out what a person's favorite RTS faction is and going from there. It's not a direct translation, but every faction has some key factor that makes people pick them that usually translates pretty well. The medium is different, but a lot of the ideas are the same.

So far I'm 3/3 on picking masters people love.

Mr. Zinc Lich,

given that you have chosen RRRRRubick as your avatar...

My favorite heroes in Dota 2 are Beastmaster (my most favorite one), Chen, Rubick, Earthshaker, Dazzle and Crystal Maiden (I usually play 5th or 4th position). And I love Necronomicon. If I ever happen to play Mid, I like Queen of Pain, Ember Spirit, Puck and Storm Spirit. My favorite carry is Lone Druid and I also enjoy playing roaming Mirana.

My avatar is two of Zoraida's Voodoo Dolls so...

But what other masters, do you think, I would enjoy and should take a look at? I am slowly reading through Pull My Finger Wiki and listening to podcasts, but there is so many Masters and some of them can completely change their playstyle via upgrades.

Thank you in advance :)

Mr. Zinc Lich,

given that you have chosen RRRRRubick as your avatar...

My favorite heroes in Dota 2 are Beast Master (my most favorite one), Chen, Rubick, Earthshaker, Dazzle and Crystal Maiden (I usually play 5th or 4th position). And I love Necronomicon. If I ever happen to play Mid, I like Queen of Pain, Ember Spirit, Puck and Storm Spirit. My favorite carry is Lone Druid and I also enjoy playing roaming Mirana.

My avatar is two of Zoraida's Voodoo Dolls so...

But what other masters, do you think, I would enjoy and should take a look at? I am slowly reading through Pull My Finger Wiki and listening to podcasts, but there is so many Masters and some of them can completely change their playstyle via upgrades.

Thank you in advance :)

Excellent! A game that I have experience playing! I had to somehow get a master for a friend out of "Poseidon from Age of Mythology"...

You specifically mention Beast Master as your favorite, and you tend to list supports and tanks as opposed to carries and assassins. Your favorite item is the Necronomicon, which summons minions for you, and the second hero you mention is Chen. My official recommendation?

Get Collodi.

The thing that everyone remembers about the Beast Master is A: he has animal friends to scout and skirmish and B: he has an ult that *sucks* when you get hit by it. A four second stun is freaking enormous, and it pushes and slows everyone else around. Collodi is a supportive, extra action master, but his real strength is his ability to deal surprisingly good damage and rob the enemy of AP while his minions get stuff done. If you want someone to feel like they have just been hit by Primal Roar, spend an activation putting Idle Hands on everything.

You mention Beast Master and Chen straight off as your favorites, both of which run through the jungle at full life thanks to minions tanking for them. There is no better model to just choke out enemy damage while you achieve your schemes than the Marionette. You also mention Dazzle as the first of your pure support choices, and all of Dazzle's biggest plays come from good use of his Shallow Grave ability, which renders things unable to die. Collodi doesn't stop his enemies from killing marionettes, per se, but it is so trivial to resummon them, that they might as well be immortal.

The Beast Master, Crystal Maiden, Rubick, and Mirena all have powerful auras to support their allies, and no one makes minions better like Collodi does. Really the only thing that Collodi doesn't do is make aggressive moves himself, but the only hero that you mentioned with a gap closer is the Queen of Pain, so you won't miss it that much.

How'd I do?

I have been summoned?

My usual method is finding out what a person's favorite RTS faction is and going from there. It's not a direct translation, but every faction has some key factor that makes people pick them that usually translates pretty well. The medium is different, but a lot of the ideas are the same.

I like to click the Random key when the RTS allows me. This includes Star Craft, War Craft, DoW 1-2, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Homeworld 2, Supreme Commander, and a few others. The only exception is Empire at War where I will play Empire or the Consortium, but not Rebels.

So where does that put me? :P

I have been summoned?

GDI original Command and Conquer.

• Like 1

I like to click the Random key when the RTS allows me. This includes Star Craft, War Craft, DoW 1-2, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Homeworld 2, Supreme Commander, and a few others. The only exception is Empire at War where I will play Empire or the Consortium, but not Rebels.

I'd give you Ten Thunders. The faction's defining feature are models that are just a little bit more expensive and a little bit better on average than their peers in other factions. They have some of the best models for getting your VP while giving very little to your opponent; 10T's ability to create strong scheme lists supports a faster and looser style of play for masters.

When you consider the ability to bring up four out-of-faction models along in every list, you realise that you're forcing your opponent to counter two factions at once. The model spread in Ten Thunders means you can declare a different faction every round in tournaments that aren't fixed-faction, and even in fixed-faction tournaments, Mei Feng, Yan Lo, and Brewmaster can be a nasty surprise for someone who was expecting to face Misaki or Shenlong.

You don't get more random than the dual-faction faction.  :P

Jeez, you guys don't make it easy, do you?

GDI original Command and Conquer.

Guild! The GDI is characterized by having arms and armor that just straight out beats their NOD counterparts, in return for lacking the cool bells and whistles that the terrorists get. They are the most orthodox of orthodox armies, and they have to leverage their power advantage as best they can and not let their opponent out think them.

Without a favorite unit or tactic, I can only guess what masters you'd like the best. The original three (Perdita, Lady Justice, and Sonnia) epitomize the Guild's strategy of winning straight up fist fights. The challenge is not beating the opponent, but rather forcing the enemy into a position where you're allowed to beat on them. The Guild is the most linear faction in the game, generally relying on Austringers or the abilities of their masters to get at enemies in hard to reach places.

Which master I would recommend depends on why you like the GDI. Do you like the highly destructive extreme range of the Ion Cannon and bombing runs? Sounds like Sonnia to me. Do you like crushing enemies beneath the treads of your Mammoth Tanks? Take Lady Justice. Do you enjoy the Grenadier and ORCA's superior firepower compared to their NOD equivalents? No one outshoots Perdita.

Easiest answer there is: Random!

Seriously though, if the only faction in any game ever you don't want to play is the Rebels, I would advise against playing Neverborn. The Rebels lose statistically in every straight shoot out, but have special rules and abilities that allow them to capitalize on weaknesses and deny the enemy's ability to lock them into a fair fight. As that is literally Neverborn tactical doctrine, word for word, seems bad.

This sounds like a fun game with great analysis. Fiddlesticks from League of Legends?

This was the one that I spent the most amount of time thinking about. Fiddlesticks is capitalized by three things:

-The privilege of having the best suite of crowd control in the game.

-Immense self-healing powers.

-An ultimate that comes out of left field that everyone tries to run away from.

My first gut reaction was to recommend Seamus. He certainly has the healing down, and he attacks from the angle you least expect, but the fact is that he then runs away and hides. Fiddlesticks can commit to a fight with his ultimate, but he has zero mobility once he has committed to it. Indeed, if he doesn't kill you while you're under his CC, you're pretty safe because he has no good way of *catching* people.

So, my answer, actually, is Molly. You just have to pretend "black blood" is named "CAW CAW CAW". She doesn't initiate, herself, but she summons into the enemy crew and turns the general area into a sucking vortex of Black Blood and endlessly cycling minions you need to run away from or die in. While she doesn't control movement, per say, Whispered Secret is possibly the most crippling debuff in the game, giving a negative twist on pretty much anything the enemy model is involved with, and Revelation is no slouch, either.

I guess she doesn't have the same obnoxiously strong self-healing capabilities of Fiddlesticks, but you have to *get to her* first, and get to her with enough force to get through Masterful Dead.

Runner up is Pandora, who has a bubble you don't want to stand in approximately the same size of the actual Crow Storm and she certainly CCs like a mofo. That being said, I've played against Fiddlesticks a lot, and the despair of throwing everything you have at someone only to see their health bar increase faster than you can damage it is a uniquely Resser kind of filth.

• Like 2

How'd I do?

In regard to your Dota 2 analysis...

The Beastmaster's Inner Beast aura is probably the only one I would describe as powerful. Actually... Powerful! Inner Beast, Drums and Necronomicon level 3... My palms are sweaty.

Crystal Maiden's Arcane Aura... I usually get only 1 early point (level 2 after Frostbite) and then max Crystal Nova and then Frostbite (or the other way, if I need to stop someone from blinking or turning invisible).

Even though I max Rubick's Null Field aura second after Fade Bolt, I do it mainly because Telekinesis scales so badly.

And Mirana... Mirana doesn't actually have aura at all.

All the Mid heroes I have mentioned have gap closers. Storm and Ember Spirit in the form of their ultimates and Puck has Illusory Orb and item, that I would say is his core, is Blink Dagger.

In regard to your Malifaux Master recommendation...

Bravo, good sir. Bravo!

Collodi is one of the masters that I am interested in. I have faced him three or four times (out of those fifteen games I have played so far). At first I was affraid that it will be boring game, because of the people complaining on him here on the forum. All those tricks he was performing... it was really fun. And I love his theme and models, plastic Marionettes and Widow Weaver especially. Not very fond of the 6" bubble thing though.

Other masters that I like, but sadly know next to nothing about, are The Dreamer (I have faced him only once, but I like his models and theme) and Molly Squiddpidge (only read her Pull My Finger page and listend to a podcast).

To be honest... I haven't even finished Zoraida's Box Set yet (I am working on the third Silurid at the moment) nor Waldgeists I have already purchased and I promised to myself that I am not going to buy new models until I finish (and am satisfied with) all the models, that I already own. I am just curious and I like to read about Malifaux and listen to podcasts like Before We Begin and alike.

Thank you, The Zinc Lich :)

In regard to your Dota 2 analysis...

The Beastmaster's Inner Beast aura is probably the only one I would describe as powerful. Actually... Powerful! Inner Beast, Drums and Necronomicon level 3... My palms are sweaty.

Crystal Maiden's Arcane Aura... I usually get only 1 early point (level 2 after Frostbite) and then max Crystal Nova and then Frostbite (or the other way, if I need to stop someone from blinking or turning invisible).

Even though I max Rubick's Null Field aura second after Fade Bolt, I do it mainly because Telekinesis scales so badly.

And Mirana... Mirana doesn't actually have aura at all.

All the Mid heroes I have mentioned have gap closers. Storm and Ember Spirit in the form of their ultimates and Puck has Illusory Orb and item, that I would say is his core, is Blink Dagger.

I never said I was good at DotA :P

I totally mixed up Mirana and Luna, and I have just about 0 experience in mid (Slark all the way! I've screwed up too many Spell Steals to main Rubick, even if he is my true love). As far as closing gaps go, The Spirits have to wait until level 6, and Ember Spirit and Puck have distinctive projectiles that tell an enemy that a blink is incoming. I suppose I'm not technically right, but the lack of movement abilities in any of your other lanes is telling.

Alright..you have my attention..this looks fun. 

Favorite armies from strategy/CnC style games.: Zerg from Starcraft,Space Marines and Tau from Dawn of War/WH40K,Night Elves from Warcraft 3,and House Harkonnen from Dune:The Battle for Arakhis.(but i hate them in the books and movies)

Favorite Yuh-Gi-Oh Cards: Amazon Archer and Injection Fairy Lily.

Favorite Anime: Cowboy Bebop 

Favorite FPS Weapon: Halo Plasma RIfle.

In magic i like everycolor but red, green was my favourite (elves deck). In Starcraft i like the Terrans but i have some fun with Protoss too, i tryed with Zergs but i cant have so much control over the game that the little bugs need. I also played Game of Thrones LCG and I like Lannisters for their control. I like Scum in Xwing. I had played a few years LoL, my rol was Support (Janna,Sona,Zyra...) I also use Cassio and Renekton, and the  yordles!! I like to be at the law-side (not necesary the good guys or the freelance-mercenary and never pick rebelds)

I dont like Asian theme, so 10t is no choice. I currently had Outcast and Gremlins.

No need for a test for me, either.

I play dwarves/chaos dwarves and i've always had a thing for death korps.

At first I thought I was just a sucker for expensive FW crap but actually I'm all about the artillery and gun lines. I want big tanks and even bigger guns.

In Magic I played heavy into red and black decks. I despise blue.

What's weird is that I don't like Rasputina/Sonnia/Perdita (ophelia's cool) and my two main masters are Levy/Daw.

Levy is kind of half ass red and Daw is pretty blue - both with a twist of black.

Malifaux has opened my eyes to a whole new way of playing games, maybe? ;)