Lucius Neverborn Best Companions Top 5?

Luisjoey

Austringer, Riflemen, Lawyer... I always take Surprisingly Loyal when running in Neverborn.

Illuminated (obviously), Beckoners, Terror Tots, Depleted (or as I like to call them, walking soulstone batteries). Graves and Tannen are excellent, basically Lynch's crew will run with any master sporting a nice coat, and Lucius fits the bill better than anyone.

But the big answer to your question in either faction is the Lawyer. It's a force multiplier for Lucius like no other.

• Like 1

I got candy to do awesome work but, half the people I play dont want to play if I use her, and the others half (the half that listened when I told them how to beat her) have no problem with my 9-12 Ss investment, either way, one person has a wors game becus of her

Ooh, fill me...with your wisdom. I'd love to get myself some Candy, but I fail to see her (obvious to some?) use. Is it the activation control, with Fears Given Form and something something or rather? Please enlighten me, or point me in the direction of some enlightenment.

Candy is a mimic, so synergy with some of Lucius' mimic-only defensive upgrades, she also heals stuff, so double synergy as she turns soulstone wounds into healthy critters.  Her combat abilities are designed around killing tough beatsticks with their own abilities. Lucius rarely has his own beatsticks (other than illuminated), since he needs minions, and otherwise ignores tough monsters to focus on objective play. 

Is there a word for the condition where people take perfectly innocent tread questions and turns them into something unwholesome by taking things out of context?

There sure is, it's called zFiending or to zFiend.

zFiending :  The art of finding inuendo in even the most innocent of comments, words or phrases. 

:D

• Like 2

Back on topic though I'd say (exclusively Neverborn models) Beckoners, Illuminated, Tots, Doppelganger, Tannen & Graves, Waldgeists and Silurid are all pretty strong picks. 

As for Guildies I'd say Lawyers, Austringers, Riflemen, Witchling Stalkers, Wardens & Death Marshalls are some of the best choices. 

Oh and I can't believe zFiend missed this one but...

Gimmie some candy! 

That's what she said!! BOOM!

• Like 1

Nah I just showed some self-restraint in gif form. :P

Afraid of Aaron, buddy?

Illuminated seem to be the best thing Lucius can hire in the game. Good Wp, can heal the Devil's Deal back, good punch and profit from his Training  :aura, the Fees and Black Blood trick... I just wish they were Mimics. I'd play them in Guild!

I wouldn't say punks are good hires though. :D

They are when you can't summon them. I've used them with great success with Lynch, Misaki and McCabe. It's a damn shame Lucius can't get his hands on them because they are great. Saying that I'd imagine Lucius could do some pretty horrific things with Young Nephilim who hit just as hard. 

I currently run 2 illuminated a bb shaman and a lawyer then change based on scheme, slurrids for mobility, waldergiest for holding areas away from lucius, I like to surprise unaware players with a wicked doll (I posted some wear about the synergy's you can get with a bb shamy, illuminated and a wicked doll) but I they know to remove the doll early it tends to be a waste of points.

If I have turf war or recon I take guild pathfinders' to trap the area in advance, any unused traps can be redeployed or burnt as a free Ss from lucius

I don't like dashal/riflemen /guardsmen I never seem to get any points or fun out of them if your new its worth trying then for the experience but I finde them 1 dimensional and boring.

With candy 1 or 2 beckoners can be useful to get people next to her out of turn and a doppelganger for getting first activation. The basic plan is to make the enemy have to many choices and there all bad, in game she is useful for holding a bottle neck and make the enemy burn half his hand befor he is doing something useful with his cards

I take the aoe damage upgrade and her specific upgrade first turn or 2 move her into position and then every turn if you think she will take 1 or 2 hits then make her incite some one for paralyses and go double defensive if you think she will be hit alot do the 3 action innocent thing, and just sit back and watch your opponents face go red, on average she dose 18 damage 1 paralysis, gives me about 2 Ss out of her wd and completely messes up the enemy turn

I still vouch for the Guild Pathfinder as an exemplary support piece for Lucius.

Why? The answer is simple: Pathfinder summons moblile Soulstones for Lucius to make use of.

Clockwork Traps are generally something other-than-useful in most of my games, but with Lucius, when summoned by the Pathfinder they gain me back anywhere from 3-5ss which don't even need to be in the pool so long as at least *one* is in the pool and they're in range of Devil's Deal. This level of having extra stones in mobile hotspots is well worth the extra 1-to-3ss that the pathfinder costs throughout the game.

I strongly suggest that more people make use of this tactic because it's absurdly good to have a few more stones than a given opponent at almost any given time.

~Lil Kalki