Wong crew box?

SpiralngCadavr

As I said, he is not available by himself, and we have made our announcements through Summer. 

I do know that his group is sculpted (although I am a bit disturbed by the Assistant) and in the pipeline and all things going as they should, he'll make an appearance with crew, for Gencon, and then later in the year as a public release.

The original single version of him did have an updated card for a bit I believe but he as a single model has been retired for a few months if I recall correctly (I would need sleep, and a spreadsheet in front of me before I could say anything other specifically). 

• Like 3

As I said, he is not available by himself, and we have made our announcements through Summer. 

I do know that his group is sculpted (although I am a bit disturbed by the Assistant) and in the pipeline and all things going as they should, he'll make an appearance with crew, for Gencon, and then later in the year as a public release.

The original single version of him did have an updated card for a bit I believe but he as a single model has been retired for a few months if I recall correctly (I would need sleep, and a spreadsheet in front of me before I could say anything other specifically). 

Hi Nathan

Can you name or hint at the other members of the crew? 

I mean the bugs are probably a given since they synergise too much to Wongs' glowy. Then we have the Lovely assistant. Will there be a repeated Burt Jebsen or Gracie figures in the pack (since they are part of the Big trouble in little China theme)?

Will Wong still be the 2nd Gremlin with a nose?

... and Disturbed as in always or only when the girlfriend/wife is looking?

I would guess that Mancha Roja would be in the box since he had a common story with Wong in Crossroads. Burt and Gracie haven't been discontinued (they are for sale at the Wyrd Store, for example) unlike Wong so I wouldn't expect them in the crew box.

It will be interesting to see whether they have re-sculpted Wong or if he is the same as before.

I'm guessing he'll be the same model, he's pretty cool as is. I always wondered why Wong didn't have a crew box, what was the reason for that? Looking forward to seeing the whole crew though.

Wong was released in the first edition as a Minion. In the change over to 2ed he got promoted to a master. So his old model was just a standard release. And when they re-packaged the plastic boxes his was likewise re-packaged

I'm still in the Not Mancha Roja camp, but can only point to his upgrades not being on the Wong page.

Wong was released in the first edition as a Minion. In the change over to 2ed he got promoted to a master. So his old model was just a standard release. And when they re-packaged the plastic boxes his was likewise re-packaged

I'm still in the Not Mancha Roja camp, but can only point to his upgrades not being on the Wong page.

Ah I see. Thanks :)

I'm thinking this for the box:

Wong

Lovely Assistant

Lightning Bugs x3

Mancha Roja or Burt Jebson

That puts the box at 6 models and 28 SS for Mancha & 25 with Burt (I think).  Does that sound right?

Not all boxes have a henchman but like others have said I think it makes sense to have Mancha Roja in there from the fluff in Crossroads.  Maybe Burt though, he does have Crackerjack Timing for the extra synergy.  Mancha has always struck me as a kind of Fuhatsu type henchman, not belonging to any one crew.

Edited by McSwervy

But Burt has not been discontinued. I think that, based on what Nathan said, that is an extremely strong indication that he won't be in the box. Not impossible as he could be like Cojo (a Rare 1 model that you can buy separate or in a crew box) but I really, really doubt it.

Also, I'm convinced that there will be something in the box besides Wong, Assistant, and three Bugs so it's either Mancha Roja or, I suppose it sorta could be the Taxidermist but I really doubt it (I'm expecting them to handle him the same way they handled Hog Whisperer).

• Like 1

Another point towards Mancha is that it's a small quantity of small models- the smallest stature crews tend to have extra models (such as multiple totems) or one larger model.

We don't know how big the Lovely assistant actually is.

Well, other than Ht 1 and on a 30mm base. but she could tower of the Whiskey Golem..

• Like 2

Who's the other one? I believe some of the old metal bayou gremlins have noses, I know my Ulix proxy does. 

Burt Jebsen.

I have to say that I am more of a noseless gremlin fan, otherwise they remind me too much of the old school GW goblins. I love the old critters, but i prefer that Gremlins look different. it makes them at once more cartoonish and also more un-human.

Given that, fluff wise they are a semi-demonic breed, it fits more with the whole thing the fact that they push their boundaries away from anthropomorphism.

• Like 1