Slop Haulers - what am I missing?

Malal

In almost every thread asking for advice you'll see "Slop Haulers are amazing" or words to that effect. 

What am I missing? I never take them (I rarely even take Dirty Cheater anymore). I can see their value in a Somer summoning list (which I don't run) but in every other list they just seem too reactive. Am I just too callous about my kin's survival (or are you all too sentimental?).

Healing is amazing but even without it they are crazy good. Tossed Slop is amazing stuff, Bayou Two-card, Reckless - they are ridiculously good.

As for the healing, I often heal over 15 wounds per game per Slop Hauler (and that's with the enemy gunning for them, since they are so important). Seriously, that is huge.

Healing is amazing but even without it they are crazy good. Tossed Slop is amazing stuff, Bayou Two-card, Reckless - they are ridiculously good.

They really are ridiculous. I don't play (filthy filthy filthy) gremlins but I have played a couple of times now against Math's Gremlins and whoosah are they annoying. You think you are getting damage in, well you aren't, you think them taking Reckless to destroy you even more efficiently at least weakens the lot, well it doesn't, you think that they won't be using Dumb Luck due to it backfiring, well they will.

Slop Haulers.

I have actually had this little gem in my backpocket for a while now but there hasn't been a suitable opportunity to use it. Too bad you saw it before I had a chance to inflict it :D :D

I was already ready to declare Dirial my new mortal enemy but it turns out that actually once again he posted something amazing and helpful? I am so confused right now.. :D 

• Like 1

Yeah, I get what they do. I guess I've never really felt I needed the healing. I tend to play Wong with a bit of Ophelia and Brewie and generally run pretty elite lists (I'm often out activated).

I guess they just don't fit my playstyle. It just seemed strange how they're almost universally seen as golden. Do things tend to fall apart if you run crews without them or are they almost auto-include?

'You sing of young gods easily

in the days when you are young;

But I go smelling yew and sods,

and I know there are gods behind the gods,

gods that are best unsung

And a man grows ugly for women,

and a man grows dull for ale,

well if he finds in his soul at last

Fury, that does not fail'

>Insert slow clap here<

Yeah, I get what they do. I guess I've never really felt I needed the healing. I tend to play Wong with a bit of Ophelia and Brewie and generally run pretty elite lists (I'm often out activated).

But healing is especially good for elites. Non-elites can die from full health but elites often don't so you can heal them in between. And really, they aren't just heal bots - dropping stuff to Df4 can be absolutely devastating and their damage track doesn't suck for a 5SS Minion with easy access to three AP and the awesome power of Bayou Two-Card.

I guess they just don't fit my playstyle. It just seemed strange how they're almost universally seen as golden. Do things tend to fall apart if you run crews without them or are they almost auto-include?

Auto-include for me. They are, along with Belles and Witchling Stalkers the very cream of the crop when it comes to 5SS Minions.
  • Like 2

Yeh the lowering df and healing makes them possibly the best 5ss minion most Gremlin masters can take.

If you take Lenny they become mobile healing unit, gremlin ambulance conversion...?

Otherwise as has been said Zoraida and Somer both benefit from them, Lenny could make them work with anyone but that's expensive, If your taking him with either Ophelia or Wong you should see the benefit though.

I'm waiting on the boxes to try the Brew-Master and Ulix but I'm sure someone has worked some nasty combinations out with them. 

I've been playing Ulix for about 6 or so games now and have been taking a pure all pig crew which has been heaps of fun. 

I've been reading the rage on the forums about how good models like Garcie, Old Major, The Sow, etc, have been with Ulix abilities like "Shot in the Rear" and stuff like that.

After reading the comments on this particualr thread and going back to read the rules for the Slop Hauler and the Hog Whisperer, I can only say (again, with Ulix in mind) is that some of the potential these two models bring to not just a Ulix crew but, as has been discussed, various other Gremlin builds, is truly game winning.

I'd like to play and face a Ulix crew with these two models just to see how broken and difficult this type of crew is to play.

Cheers,

Pip.

I take everyone's points, I still don't see them as great as everyone else (not saying they're bad, just not my play style.

Been thinking and my main crew, Wong w/ Sammy + Trixie, keeps my opponent far enough away that I don't really take that much damage, therefore don't need the healing.

I'll certainly give them another try when I try some other masters again.