Crooligans?

Whut

So I keep seeing good things about these guys, but every time I double back to look at them I see 4 wounds with no armor, hard to kill, or hard to wound, and it immediately puts me off of them.

How do you avoid these things getting ripped apart? They are so squishy!!

Df 6 on them is super nice to not get hit. Make sure you don't over extend on From the Shadows, I usually go Defensive +2 on them for their first activation of the game, usually just to burn an activation to see what my opponent is planning. Always on the Move allows them to be bouncing around the battlefield while doing what you need them to do, this is great when paired with a scheme that allows enemy interaction such as Distract or Cursed Object. These guys (and gal) can put out some damage in a pinch to finish off a model, but they are not really wanting to be in the fight, but rather on the outskirts of it to do your objectives, so they should also be difficult for your enemy to get to them. Definitely try them out, as far as objective runners go they are among the best in the game.

They aren't meant to survive they are meant to put as many scheme markers down before the die as they can.

If you have Stake a Claim and don't take Crooligans, then you are doing it wrong.

The same could almost be said for any scheme marker scheme.

Hell they are even great for frame for murder, your opponent will see them dropping markers all over and kill them quick.

• Like 3

Necropunks are great, but Crooligans are cheaper. I love them with Nicodem, and have been taking them for any of my scheme marker needs. 

I bamf them around, dropping scheme markers, and when they die, I use the corpse (though they dont quite die as often as you might think, when you are careful with placement, and where they run).

• Like 1