New Austrigner art?

Tuttleboy

Would you expect the Wave 2 book to have cover art featuring two of the unreleased Wave *1* models (Austringer and, [speculated] Waldgeist)? Wouldn't it typically have cover art depicting something new? Something from, you know, the inside of the book?

Sounds odd to me.

I'm thinking it could be something linked to the imminent (next few months, anyway) release of those two models. Maybe a mini campaign pack of some description...

Crossroads is also a crap name for Book 2. I hope it's not called Crossroads.

Those are 1st edition rules only.

They do have a lot of background fluff and stories though. Essential reading to get up to speed on the Malifaux characters and world. It's speculated there might be an upcoming fluff compendium that collects this stuff together, but it's not fully confirmed what form that will take. If you see the books for really cheap it's worth picking them up, otherwise it might be best to wait and see what materialises.

• 2 weeks later...

Just on the topic of combined fluff. I have read all the official lore I have been able to find on Malifaux: All chronicles, First edition book, 'Dead of Winter' - fluff that went with a past campaign and halfway through rising powers. I plan to buy Twisting Fates and Storm of Shadows at a marked down price once I've finished Rising Powers but was wondering whether there are any other sources of official fluff or canon fiction out there - other campaigns for instance. After I've read everything there is, can anyone recommend Iron Quill? - is it true to the world, well written?

Iron Quill is a story writing contest here, so the stories are all Fan Fic. A lot of them are good reads, and a lot a close enough to my view of Malifaux, that they fit. Occasionally there will eb soem that don't seem right, but thats just my personal opinion. I'd definently suggest readign them.

I don't think any other campaign had offical fluff for it, so I think you've found all the Official fluff (Although be ready for the Through the Breech Roleplay game for a fresh load of stories...)