Malifaux Mobile App

@Metalhed

The iPad one was pushed out and live. My suggestion would be to download and try playing arround with it and seeing which FAQ version it comes with.

@Everyone

Unfortuantly, my primary development and app publishing laptop has had an 'accident' in which the screen was cracked well beyond use. I sent the computer to be fixed a while back, finally heard what the price would be to fix it, and decided it would be easier to buy a new laptop when the funds are available since the price to fix the screen is more than the cost of buying the same model new. What this means, however, is that I am currently unable to push out updates for Android or Windows until I can get a replacement setup and working (a task that will take quite a bit of time, since I haven't done this since maybe 9 months ago). I do plan on getting to a point where I can work on this again, but with the holidays coming up, I am not sure how much time I will have to work on this. I will keep you guys updated once I know more.

@Metalhed

The iPad one was pushed out and live. My suggestion would be to download and try playing arround with it and seeing which FAQ version it comes with.

@Everyone

Unfortuantly, my primary development and app publishing laptop has had an 'accident' in which the screen was cracked well beyond use. I sent the computer to be fixed a while back, finally heard what the price would be to fix it, and decided it would be easier to buy a new laptop when the funds are available since the price to fix the screen is more than the cost of buying the same model new. What this means, however, is that I am currently unable to push out updates for Android or Windows until I can get a replacement setup and working (a task that will take quite a bit of time, since I haven't done this since maybe 9 months ago). I do plan on getting to a point where I can work on this again, but with the holidays coming up, I am not sure how much time I will have to work on this. I will keep you guys updated once I know more.

Sorry to hear. Is there something the community can help you with? There are various software developers on these forums. I myself am an Android developer and may be able to help in the meantime. Is the code on Github somewhere that we (as the community) can help with?

Cheers mate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So with Wave 3 potentially coming out this summer, has anyone heard from CrouchingMoose? It looks like he hasn't been online since Dec 2014... so I fear he may have moved one leaving us with an amazing, but limited app. I wonder if he might be able to pass on the source code to a willing replacement to carry the torch or at least update the data?

• 2 weeks later...

So I unpacked the contents of the Android version of the The Breach app and the good news is that all of the model and upgrade data is external to the code in a JSON file. So one could in theory add in all the wave 3 content and then repack the app and then it would have all of the new models, upgrades, and hiring enablers. I assume the iOS app is similarly structured, though I don't have a mac and don't have any experience with how iOS apps work.

• Like 1

So I unpacked the contents of the Android version of the The Breach app and the good news is that all of the model and upgrade data is external to the code in a JSON file. So one could in theory add in all the wave 3 content and then repack the app and then it would have all of the new models, upgrades, and hiring enablers. I assume the iOS app is similarly structured, though I don't have a mac and don't have any experience with how iOS apps work.

Looks like you've volunteered!! :+fate :+fate :+fate

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome back! I'm sure that there's plenty of us that would be willing to make a donation towards the cost of having the app on google play (is there a cost for google?) and itunes! I certainly agree that it shouldn't come out of your pocket.

Can't wait to see the new version.. even if it looks the same!

I'm an IOs user, and I'd sure pay a fee for this great App, which I keep using a lot even now!

Thanks for all the awesome and hard work!

Edit-- Does this mean there won't be any more IOs updates, nor that the App will not show up again on the AppStore? This is important as than I must be sure to not delete it from my Ipad and Iphone!

Edited by Sezar