Nightmare/Miss Speculation for GenCon 2014

Kalkris

Hey all,

I am curious as to what people are thinking will be the Nightmare Edition and "Miss" models for this upcoming GenCon. So, let the speculation begin!

For a Miss, I am thinking it will be a Neverborn as we haven't seen a "Miss" Neverborn model yet. I'm considering a Young Nephilim or a third Beckoner (but who needs three Beckoners?). I'd love to see a Sorrow with the "Miss" seal of approval upon it, actually.

As for Nightmare Edition models, I have been discussing with my playgroup and while names like Lucius and Jack Daw have bounced around, I think we all missed a big one and that big one is Leveticus (namely the Desolation Engine). I have a feeling that the DE will be packaged separately from the Salvage and Logistics picture we have in the Wyrd Games Gallery (see the bar at the top). As such, either the NE will be Leveticus with an added DE, or just the DE, with Leve being sold as a separate crew.

What do you think of things?

~Lil Kalki

• Like 1

There's been a nightmare set for guild (and ressers sort of), neverborn, terrain (and outcasts as proxy Montresor) and outcasts (again sort of ressers too). So I would say it's less likely (though not impossible) that the nightmare set will be any of those. That leaves arcanists, ten thunders and gremlins.

The Miss models have been arcanist, guild, resser and outcast, leaving neverborn, ten Thunders and gremlins. Of course, the fall schematic mentioned Miss Direction, which could be relevant or could not be. 

There's been other limited models such as the gremlinette and santana, covering guild, gremlins, and neverborn/outcasts (if you count the EBO models and TtB hannah). That leaves arcanists, ressers, and ten thunders.

So I'd say if balancing them across factions is a priority, there's a good chance of a ten thunders nightmare or miss model. Next most likely for a nightmare would be gremlins, then arcanists. Ten thunders would seem likely for at least one of them, given their lack of anything in their native faction so far. Between those factions they seem to have the least limiteds, but 1) it's not exactly clear cut given cross faction stuff, and 2) it assumes faction balance and not cool factor is the primary driving force.

I would love to see a ShenLong Nightmare edition.  But, I don't think that will happen.  More likely, I would agree with Mako on the Ten Thunders Miss.    They could also do a Nightmare edition of the Brewmaster that includes a nightmare Whiskey Golem.  That would hit Ten Thunders and Gremlins.  

• Like 2

Well Fall Schematic's Kickstarter had Nightmare Lucius and Colette available to a limited number of backers so hopefully Wyrd will make them available to people who didn't get a chance to bag one of those models. Personally though I'd like to see something different, Nightmare Nekima would be sweet.

• Like 1