Molly - new models?

graeme27uk

My totally shot in the dark guess for a release date, assuming that wave 1 is completed by then, would be October, as it tends to be historically a big resser release month due to Halloween.

OTOH we have seen Kirai's artwork and not Molly's, so I'm pretty sure we'll see Spirits before we see Horrors. Pre-release in Gencon and wide release in October for Kirai is my guess.

Her model doesn't really say "I'm a mistress of the undead" though.... not really that inspiring for a master-level figure and doesn't really have the presence like some of the other master-level models.

Considering her crew... it's either Asian/oriental themed from the spirits or undead horrors. So is there scope for her to be proxied as another oriental-themed master? But I guess that would step too much into Kirai's territory.

Her model doesn't really say "I'm a mistress of the undead" though.... not really that inspiring for a master-level figure and doesn't really have the presence like some of the other master-level models.

Considering her crew... it's either Asian/oriental themed from the spirits or undead horrors. So is there scope for her to be proxied as another oriental-themed master? But I guess that would step too much into Kirai's territory.

I always imagine Molly as a tragic figure wandering around and collecting stray undead and obscure secrets. They sort of gather around her. Thus, "Mistress of the Undead" would not be a style I would like for her model. I like her patch-work crew and I think it's great that her crew doesn't have much of a theme like "Asian spirits" or "Frankenstein constructs". I like her as the catch-all Master who doesn't look much like one.

Guess I just want to say that I'm quite happy with her current style and think her metal model very thematic. I like her new art, as well. That box might draw me back into Ressers.

• Like 1

Have you read the fluff about molly or not? since your vision of molly seems a bit different from the picture i have of her from the 1.5books and chronicles stories.

Some of the freebooters fate guys you linked esp the guy on stilts with a schyte is pretty far from how i imagine molly tbh.  Then again i dont have any problems with her original sculpt in funeral garb holding phillips close to her chest.

She was a spunky reporter in a previous life so if you want to have a more action oriented molly go for a steampunk Lois Lane type with  camera and notebook at the ready. Maybe shes the editor of her own pulp magazine "The Mortiuarier - questions from beyond the grave"

Her minions follow her more through a shared connection and kinship then the other ressers "rise! do my bidding undead minion! your master commands it!" style.

Yeh, I've read the stuff about Molly being some reporter that Seamus took a liking to (always a bad thing....) but how she was res'd using the Tear of the Gorgon hence why she is not just "some belle". Also that Philip is a student who tells her stuff...

I am really enjoying Molly's game mechanics but her model (current or the possible new one) just don't inspire me in the same way. I'm happy to go against the fluff and suffer the rage-hate from strict Malifaux'ians. But it's a game and I'm the only playing the crew and paying the spondoolies for the models and paints and such. As long as the base sizes are not altered then does it really matter?

Never going to get concensus on a wargaming forum :D.

well ill chuck this into the ring then

http://www.taleofwar.com/shop/product.php?id_product=159

if you just want an undead caster on the correct size base you have lots of options.

Although id avoid having a beatstick model represent somone thats not a melee powerhouse and vice versa since your opponent will make some of his descissions based on your proxys look the first times he faces your crew.

It is indeed your money and time so youre free to choose whatever you like as a replacement sculpt.

There are a lot of good 3rd party manufacturers out there so im sure you can find something that catches your fancy if you look around.