Release list is not making sense

WalkingInBlack

Okay I have seen Wyrd's Release list in "Bayou Chronicles # 11" (Alias Wyrd Chronicles # 11) and I can't make much sense of it, the retailers say that they have been told that the new Ophelia Box Set - The Kin is coming out this month, but there have been no mention of the Ophelia Box Set in any release lists/notes by Wyrd.

It seems the Ophelia Box Set - The Kin, if we go after what Wyrd's release date list, is not being releasede before after summer or late this year, but the retailers say other whys, Wyrd give us stright answer and tell us why the Ophelia Box Set - The Kin is nowhere on your list but you tell the retailers that it is coming this month.

Those dates were set a while ago, before they found out they weren't satisfied with the quality of the sets and they had to push it back a bit. They talked about it a while ago in another thread. They're working to get the minis out (companies like money, and they know we'll be giving them some when the gremlins get released).

That's life. Stuff gets delayed. Hang tight and proxy for now. The set looks worth the wait.

I also went ahead and placed Kill Joy in an order of bases and Death Marshal's etc. Now I'm not getting any of them because it just sits and waits for the delayed Kill Joy. At some point I am really going to just drop pre-ordering any of Wyrd's stuff, everything I have done so has been delayed. :(

I also went ahead and placed Kill Joy in an order of bases and Death Marshal's etc. Now I'm not getting any of them because it just sits and waits for the delayed Kill Joy. At some point I am really going to just drop pre-ordering any of Wyrd's stuff, everything I have done so has been delayed. :(

Almost everybody at my local gaming club has done this. They don't bother pre-ordering anything Wyrd related. They pop down to a local store once a week and if it's there great, if not they buy something else and wait until next week.

Almost everybody at my local gaming club has done this. They don't bother pre-ordering anything Wyrd related. They pop down to a local store once a week and if it's there great, if not they buy something else and wait until next week.

At least you have stuff in local stores. Seeing release dates changing on webstores isn't fun.

At least you have stuff in local stores. Seeing release dates changing on webstores isn't fun.

Tell me about it, my "local" store is about 20 miles away so it's not too bad when driving but even they are restricted by the release dates and shipping from the USA. 

I am also using only webstores because the stores here don't carry Malifaux at all.

For the most part I tend to use the webstores as well purely for reduced prices and saving me the hassle of a long drive but sometimes it's nice to pop down to the local Store. My local Malifaux stockist is http://www.simpleminiaturegames.com and from what a friend of mine has told me they are one of the primary distributers of Malifaux within the UK. Thankfully the same friend is looking at starting his own store much closer to where we live which will aim to stock Wyrd, Wizards of the Coast, Konami and various other products as GW kinda has a monopoly going on round my way. 

As the miniatures are made in China it might be that things just get really complicated, I have heard from others that have gotten things made in China that if you don't keep on eye on production things will get messed up, plus Wyrd probably has to get the products to the states for inspection and then they have to be send the products out to the retailers, but if the products are flawed they have to send it back to China... speculations and theories, and it doesn’t change the fact that its really annoying and a pain for us that are waiting, it doesn’t seem to pay of getting it made in China if that’s the reason things get so delayed.

It's where the manufacturing base is though, along with the current prices. If you want US cast stuff, I imagine that would change - you'd need a US based high end injection moulding company, and that likely won't be cheap. 

I would say that what's on that list is what's confirmed, if they happen to get the problems fixed earlier then extras might be added to the list nearer the time. I imagine Wyrd don't want to say 'Gremlins now... no wait, next month... sorry, two months... four... er, next year'. 

For sure, the delays are frustrating (for them too I imagine, the Gremlins are popular within and outside the company so they no doubt want them good to go ASAP!) but I suspect that until the problems are fixed there'll be no solid dates given.

• Like 1

I am sure a lot of people are thinking it, but I want to come out and say it.

I appreciate that Wyrd has tried to give us a release schedule to let us know what is coming out, as best they know.

I appreciate even more that they are willing to recind that schedule when they feel the product is not up to their standards. 

I have been chomping at the bit for Brewmaster and company (and Whiskey Golem) since I first heard about them (they remind me of my gnome drunken master I played in RPG for years).  It's frustrating that their release for this month has been scrapped.  However, I will happily wait for a top quality set of models versus a batch that is "eh, well we have something to make the release schedule."   

And after all, how many of us out there don't have models or entire crews sitting in our "to do" pile?  Take the delay as an opportunity to work on what you have.  Makes the inevitable release all the sweeter when you do not have the guilt of spending money for the crew when you still have plenty to play with. 

• Like 2

I have experienced delays so many times from different companies that I'm easily getting impatience and annoyed when delays happens, experiencing this to often just have a negative effect, sad but true.

I like the miniatures but many things have changed to the worse, not Wyrd in general but other miniature companies as well… getting of topic I guess.

Maybe the real reason is that it is starting to get warmer outside, and summer is just around the corner, and all of Wyrd wants us to go outside and play, instead of painstakingly assemble minis, or paint them to the finest detail. Maybe they want us to go have fun, go to the beach, get a tan (or burnt in my case) go for a stroll in the park etc. Breath in fresh air!

Honestly though, I have such a back log I am content on waiting.  :)

Like I've said in the past delays are fine, especially when done because the models aren't up to snuff. I respect that course of action. However, nothing is stopping Wyrd from maybe showing us the digital designs of the models? More box art? Lists of the models in said boxes? Heck, go ahead and show us the assembly guides. Wet the whistle a little guys, remind everyone what great stuff you got coming down the line.

Just as an example, if the info is set for the gremlin crews, go ahead and show us the 3-D model prints of them (or the assembly guide) so we can see the level of quality we'll be getting when they drop. Heck, if you have some photos of the original test prints you can show us those and explain why they were unsatisfactory.

The really frustrating thing is I've been waiting on Fuhatsu and Lone Marshall since January when they were originally due for release. Alas things happen, stuff gets delayed, I die a little inside with each further delay. 

I've developed 'expletive work mouth' ... which in nicer terms is some days I have to close the door in order for folks not to hear aggravation about a delay that has happened for one reason or another.

For one reason or another quite honestly there have been some changes or delays. At times we get a test product and find that there has been some issues with splits or tooling and thus it has to get fixed. Other times there are delays because someone (me) made a mistake and realized at the last moment there was supposed to be more Young Lacroix in the box than was drawn and planned for and have to scramble to fix that.

:)

Opheila did get delayed for that exact reason. That said, the two other Young Lacroix that got drawn up and are being put into the box are particular favorites of mine after my little FUBAR. 

As with anything, sometimes changes and growth comes with it's own problems and we're doing our best to make certain those pains are as small as possible.

• Like 6

First, Nathan, we demand an example of "work mouth..." Feel free to use as many asterisks, at symbols and numbers as needed to get the point across!

But really, thanks for taking the time to tell us some of these things, it's nice to know why things unfold the way they do.

• Like 1

First, Nathan, we demand an example of "work mouth..." Feel free to use as many asterisks, at symbols and numbers as needed to get the point across!

But really, thanks for taking the time to tell us some of these things, it's nice to know why things unfold the way they do.

You really don't :)... it would be like listening to Techno there would be so many bleeps

Much commiserations. I remember before the Molly set got released and everyone expected it to be at gen con the year twisted fates got released, and when they announced at the beginning of August that she wouldn't be out until the end of October, it was very disappointing, so i know a little if what its like when you are so excited for an imminent release date and then it gets pulled back.

I waited 6+ years for The Republic of Theives to get released with every year a new due date for that year being released was announced, and the just before it would come out it would be rescheduled for the following year. That certainly wasn't fun either.