10T Guild Master

wrabbit37

I have a question (on this topic) about our new master of dismounting...

I'm assuming he's a single model on a 50 mm base when he is on his horse like the other riders.

When he dismounts, will he have a separate 30 mm base model to replace to represent him (meaning you get 2 models for him when you buy him - likewise represented by two cards) or does it work some other way? Likewise, if he chooses to dismount, does his horse get a separate model?

Edited by Turbodog

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly won't be the second - unless its going to be the most expensive by far... Dark Debts is $5 more than both the Rail crew and The Thunder and contains one less model with a 50mm instead of a 40mm and only 5 models overall, so 7 models, including a 50mm seems unlikely to me... - I would guess at the second , but would not rule out:

McCabe (Foot / Mounted)

Luna

2 x Wastrels (depending on their rarity)...

In general though, I'm expecting it to come with 3 Wastrels - as it stands, if Wastrels are 4ss, its going to be a fairly "low value" box in terms of getting close to the 25ss starter crew that most try to be...

Perhaps Sidir WILL be in the box (to boost the Soul stone cost of the crew) but less Wastrels (1 or 2?)... I don't know how large a crew the Dark Debts box builds to be fair...

Also, what is Sidir's base size? All these new crews seem to have a 40mm bruiser, but I'm not sure if Sidir breaks this mold...

Edited by FearLord

It certainly won't be the second - unless its going to be the most expensive by far... Dark Debts is $5 more than both the Rail crew and The Thunder and contains one less model with a 50mm instead of a 40mm and only 5 models overall, so 7 models, including a 50mm seems unlikely to me... - I would guess at the second , but would not rule out:

McCabe (Foot / Mounted)

Luna

2 x Wastrels (depending on their rarity)...

Well, I think they're Rare 3 for one thing, and that would be an eleven-stone box for another thing. I hope they won't do that to us just because our new Master is two models. (Did they do that to the Dreamer? I don't know.)

If my calculations are correct, Luna, 3 Wastrels and Sidir would be a 23-stone box. Seems like that would be much more in keeping with most sets that have come out before now, adjusting for the new inclusion of Totems. (Yes, it would need to be a massive box, and probably expensive, but I'll want Sidir anyway, so it's not like it will save me any money having to buy him separately.)

Well, with the move to plastics and sprues, aren't the boxes becoming huge already as it is? And the SS count sounds closer to what one would expect. The Dreamer is 1ss over being ready for a 25ss game. One of the smallest I can think of would be Hoffman, who starts at 20 (Guardian, Hunter, Watcher, full cache of 8, though admittedly that's on a master you generally want to spend those stones on minions, so it's really closer to a 16ss game.

Given that the idea (at least presented under the henchmen program) is that there is an aim to play box against box, it'd be problematic to make a box that had to be run in extremely small ss count games, though I'm sure there are a number of others where people can point out missing models, totems (dealt with, going forward, of course), etc that can really hamstring the general or popular playstyle.

But as oft noted these days, I try not to make too many assumptions, so I'll simply conclude by saying that Jonas has a compelling reason as to why the box would contain what he proposes, but won't hold my breath on the matter and shall simply wait for the official word to come out eventually.

Hmmm, little thin then, but not eleven-stone-thin.
Agreed, so I'm expecting the 15 ss one (with 3 Wastrels) which wouldn't be too crazy, but will still likely cost more than the Dark Debts set in cash... If you spend McCabe's full cache on relics, the box would come in at 23ss with a full pool which is better than Hoffman's...Does anyone know what the Dark Debts box works out as?

Collodi is way thinner than hoffman. With 4 marionettes and 3 wicked dolls he weighs in at a whopping 10ss.

Well since every other low box is being quoted with maximum cache, I'd call Collodi a 17 soulstone box.

I would imagine this would be low soulstone box, gettign a 2 master figure eats into the space quickly. Especially since larger figures (such as monted people) typically cost more.

But 3 wastrals and a hound seem very low points, especially since thats probably already a $40 box, if not more.

I would have thought McCade, Luna, and a couple of unique minions (with costs over 8) would fit his box best, but he book only seems to have 1 guild model that fits.

I would be disapointed but not surprised if he followed suit with Kaeris and his box set came with some models from the next book. (Only disapointed on the time we'd have to wait to get him)

She looks like a Hellhound. I was kind of expecting a sleek, silvery hound, but the Hellhound thing is pretty cool.

She actually looks a lot like my Mastiff/Retriever pup at home, only black instead of brown

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Agreed, so I'm expecting the 15 ss one (with 3 Wastrels) which wouldn't be too crazy, but will still likely cost more than the Dark Debts set in cash...

Actually as far as real life money Nathan told me that the bigger crew box sets should all be $40 when they come out.

Man, oh, man. I may be an Arcanist through and through, and I am thrilled to get Mei Feng and her rail workers, but I've always loved the Guild's Wild West gunslinger sub-theme, and I can't wait to get my grubby paws on McCabe. He sounds like the perfect scuzzy bounty-hunter compliment to my Ortegas. Or, at least, I'll do my darnedest to paint him up that way. All of the Masters from this book stand out as unique and interesting, but for my money Mei and McCabe take the cake. And it sounds like the Guild got some much-needed speed boosts in this set, which is very welcome to hear for game balance purposes. Can't wait for my FLGS to get the book so I can read up on this sleazebag and his crew (and I say that in the most affectionate sense).

Collodi is henchman 7, so him plus the four marionettes is a grand total of 1ss (as long as you are running him on his own, but it doesn't seem fair to compare collodi's box as non masters to everyone else as masters). Then the three wickeds add another 9.

But with a cache of 0.

Sure, you might not want to field Collodi with a cache of 7, but you can. So it is a 17 stone box.

Like Hoffman is a 20 stone box when you give him a cache of 8