Guild Guard Loving

im_open_to_suggestions

I still can't see myself hiring them.  They are the only 3 stone, non totem, significant minions I can think of, but I'm still not hiring them.  Those 4 attack stats are a nonstarter.  Sure, I love summoning them with Dashel, but that's it.  I guess it's now easier for Aionus to give them fast... if that's what you want to do?  If I want to hire 3 stone minions, it's dogs.  They are faster, and can possibly hit something.

They hit plenty of models in my first game with them, there are still df 5 defenses out there and if you are running Dashel for positives the sheer number of flipped cards help a lot. 

If my opponwnt had actuqlly been interested in moving and not just shooting me off the table they would have been awesome with the trigger.

@The Governor-General

In ply for information I think the difference in survivability will be felt, it could very well mean the difference between one or two ap to kill between a guard and a hound.

Desperate mercs and bayou gremlins are also 3ss aignificant minions.

It's possible.  I was actually just thinking that two Guard are the same cost as a Sergeant, who I used to take for scheme running.  Another activation, plus more scheming (even if you lose the "kick") could be nice.  However, I still don't like the 4's.  Even against a Df 5 model... I'm cheating up just to hit.  I don't want to waste cards on that crappy attack.  Also, if the only way they're (marginally) good is with Dashel... that's a pretty big investment, with aura restrictions, in order to make a Sh/Ml 4 attack hit a Df 5 model.  Still, the defensive capabilities are nice.  Df 6 is nothing to sneeze at, and armor +1 is great against the kind of models your opponent would want to send against them.  No one wants to send Langston to kill a Guild Guard.

1 hour ago, The Governor-General said:

It's possible.  I was actually just thinking that two Guard are the same cost as a Sergeant, who I used to take for scheme running.  Another activation, plus more scheming (even if you lose the "kick") could be nice.  However, I still don't like the 4's.  Even against a Df 5 model... I'm cheating up just to hit.  I don't want to waste cards on that crappy attack.  Also, if the only way they're (marginally) good is with Dashel... that's a pretty big investment, with aura restrictions, in order to make a Sh/Ml 4 attack hit a Df 5 model.  Still, the defensive capabilities are nice.  Df 6 is nothing to sneeze at, and armor +1 is great against the kind of models your opponent would want to send against them.  No one wants to send Langston to kill a Guild Guard.

If you are spending any cards on these models offensively you are doing it wrong. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't spend cards on the guardsmen, the idea is to have them waste opponent cards because you flip higher than them from your double positives and they do not feel like discarding for walks. Dashel is 8ss now, he is armoured and htk and has min 3 (possible min 6 for debt + double rams) and can summon. That's not exactly bad for 8ss and his 6" aura is pretty big, that means you could have guardsmen about 13" from each other and still be in his aura with both. The condition can really mess with both scheme runners and close range beaters.

That and the obnoxious number of buffs other gaurdsmen offer.

Df flips from mounted guard with additional walk and wp from sergeant etc.

It might make it worth keeping a few around, especially if you're running the above with hounds and/or riflemen.

Taking guild patrols and urban militia another step towards functional.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PanzerHarris said:

I don't see Guild Guard as costing 3SS, I see the pair costing 6SS. One is so easy to gun down you're wasting your time. They need that Df buff, and running in pairs means they can feed each other scheme markers to advance to as well. 

They can only teleport to enemy scheme markers. If it was friendly ones I might have run them at 4ss. I think you would need to bring three or four just like with hounds only you can break the pairs up and scheme independently if no enemy hitter descends on you.

4 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Turns out round three of the tournament next weekend has a challenge of master and one other model spam.  If proxies are allowed, I'm going to run 15 gg.

Have you considered just 14 Guild  Guard, then you can take Dashel with the Arrest him upgrade? 

51 minutes ago, FinalForm said:

hmmm, Lilith+babies seems legit if summon is legal

Tricky to do if soloing Lucius or playing guild for the event but she would be fun in that challenge. 

Tara and void wretches are also a thing. :) Hamlin and rats, Somer with bayous and Ramos with spiders also comes to mind. Maybe McMourning with canines or autopsies or Marcus with some silly beasts.

I played 16 gg with sword fighter lj into parker in a game of ours.  The gg were dominant,  killing off all the enemies (LJ killed parker, emissary and a dead bandit by herself) but the take prisoner target by turn 4.  

My opponent was running a bandit heavy list,  which may have played to strength.  Too much min damage 2.   Only 1 gg died.  

My opponent said after the weekend he would post a report in the forums with pictures.   He was a really fun opponent. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I played 16 gg with sword fighter lj into parker in a game of ours.  The gg were dominant,  killing off all the enemies (LJ killed parker, emissary and a dead bandit by herself) but the take prisoner target by turn 4.  

My opponent was running a bandit heavy list,  which may have played to strength.  Too much min damage 2.   Only 1 gg died.  

My opponent said after the weekend he would post a report in the forums with pictures.   He was a really fun opponent. 

Said opponent here- the game was intense!  The board had a lot of elevation shenanigans going on, and it didn’t help that I overextended some models.  The sheer volume of df 6, armor 1 wounds to chew through was compounded by me spending my hand to survive the 20+ shots I was receiving a turn.  The full write up should be out in a week or so.

@4thstringer was an excellently opponent and a gentleman to boot. 10/10, would play again.  

• Like 1

Ran two more gg spams on day 2.  The first game my opponent played a game with big z and wisps.  I ran with lucius abd scribe abd 16 gg   In symbols.   I lost 6-5 because I gave away my take prisoner too early.

My second was another parker list.  I ran lj with swordfighter, a brutal eff, and 15 gg.  I won 10-1.