Rougarou combos

Treehouse

1 hour ago, exliontamer said:

Literally the first words of my post were a qualification...

Haha! I may have to check my reading comprehension.

You could spend an entire game without high crows in hand so spending 9ss on that sounds risky compared to the more reliable 7ss models unless you have some other plan for heartsbane.

Yeah possibly running her in a Lucius list with Queeg to get more shots at hitting her 0 ability? I mean the thing is if you get the Convulsions trigger off even once it could be devastating against most models. With her and everyone else getting extra pushes outside of activation provoking even more pounces it could be interesting. In this scenario I am imagining a hold the center pool and bringing Lucius, Queeg, Heartsbane, two Rougarous and the Tooth. Lots of 0s to play with...lots of movement triggers to provoke pounces. The other ss coud be spent on anything fron mobile scheme runners to Changelings for their ranged pseudo pounce. Seems fun and worth a look. But yeah, you are not gonna lean on Heartsbane to trigger on every attack for sure. That's why you have the Tooth and Queeg and such. At that point she may be superfluous, but the possibility to maximize pushes is there nonetheless. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, -Loki- said:

To clarify, I was talking about Liliths Transfixing Gaze, which is Ca 8, though it does require a mask. And again, it's a master action.

Sorry, thought you said Lilitu not Lilith. I wouldn't use Lilith to lure something in unless I had Living blade.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 1:01 AM, catbat07 said:

Sorry, thought you said Lilitu not Lilith. I wouldn't use Lilith to lure something in unless I had Living blade.

And, for my money, you'd need a compelling reason NOT to take living blade.

8 minutes ago, Joel said:

And, for my money, you'd need a compelling reason NOT to take living blade.

2ss is a lot to give Lilith Pounce and +1" engagement if you're not playing her as a beater in the first place. She does her best work with her other skills.

Just now, -Loki- said:

2ss is a lot to give Lilith Pounce and +1" engagement if you're not playing her as a beater in the first place. She does her best work with her other skills.

I think you underestimate +1" engagement, and don't forget it also puts her on pos flips for both attack and damage, rather than just damage.  Lilith isn't a beater every turn, but the blade means that when you need her to be she becomes ultra-reliable on the takedown.

I find that without it, Lilith is less flexible in-game.  But hey, that's just me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

But if you are playing a list to try and abuse Pounce, then its an absolute bargain, and isn't that what this thread is all about? 

• Like 1

On 30/06/2017 at 3:40 PM, katadder said:

my combo in use at the moment is 2 rougarou with the tooth for a possible 11 attacks during tooths activation. I now have the emissary to try out standing behind them with generic upgrade to give them all :+fate to attacks

I used 1 rougarou + tooth and the emissary behind them to give them + flips. The emissary also put out hazardous terrain. That's one mean zone of death.

It was extraction so that is a really nice threat zone.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2017 at 3:09 AM, Vorschlag said:

Really enjoyed Lucius and the Fairy hunting party (rougarou + tooth and claw) especially when accompanied by Queeg have to run it a few more times with different flankers to get the timing and application perfect though.

Yeah, realizing that Queeg could restart the fun was what put him on my "Must pick up" list. ;)