Any RoF Info?

bstorz

47 minutes ago, Tokapondora said:

That's kinda ignoring the If this condition ever gets removed it dies bit. Which as it turns out doesn't even need an opponent's input as you're rushing towards there yourself. Seem like decent summons though.

No, that's not ignoring it.  That's treating the model like a kamikaze pilot--one hired yokai taking out a more expensive model is a fair trade.  Even better if it can remove more than one model.  The yokai just isn't going to survive to the end of the game, but it can still be worth hiring.

And all of the things that the crew has to prolong a summoned yokai are still going to apply to the hired one, including the upgrade which prevents the Condition by enemy abilities and actions.

Like I said, you probably wouldn't want to hire several of them, and it's really aggressive crew choice, but that ability wasn't written as "If you hire this model, you fail at Malifaux."  :mellow:

• Like 2

I'm really liking the Yasanori, he/she/it should be really good with lots of Jorogumo and the Dawn Serpent with that first 0 action. The second will be great going right before Asami to put that 13:mask right where you want it. Potentially 6 attacks in one standard activation gives me the good feels.

With all the big beaters coming out I think Asami will shine in the long-lasting summoning role trying to maximize Flicker to keep her model count up. Having the Yokai in your back pocket to use as a one/two turn missile should be good enough. Hiring the Yokai will need to be tested out to see how well it works. In my gut I think that 5ss would be better served hiring a 10T Brother as usual.

If you have the 13 in hand I would rather have those corpse/scrap markers around to make the Joro last more than a turn to continue killing things - makes investing in that high card worthwhile.

I don't think it's been mentioned here, so:

Akaname: meaning "filth licker", in Japanese mythology they are "the personifiction of the fear of using a dark bathroom at night."

Dual faction, Gremlin/10T minion, Tri-chi + Oni. Some interaction where they steal (lick off?) poison from a model and do something with it.

You'll find them in the Gremlin preview.

That's all I know, but guessing a good take with Brewy and a nice situational summon with Asami ("what's that, you are sending your flesh construct after Asami? Catch this").

[MODHAT] I've just edited a few posts that quoted Yasunori's stats verbatim. This isn't allowed on the forums, even if you're just copying what someone else said/wrote elsewhere. [/MODHAT]

Personally I think the Yokai is going to be an excellent hire in the right circumstances. They're great cruise missiles who punch well above their weight, and can time their demise to avoid getting tagged by the likes of Cursed Object. They're also FAST. In a single turn they're going to get 14" up the board, 18" if you use his (0) action and 24" if you somehow give him poison (eg. from Akaname).

As for the early death thing, if you charge another 5SS model into the enemy crew it's going to die anyway. And if your opponent prefers to wait it out and let the Yokai die on his own, it's still going to jam up his lines and prevent charges/shoting while s/he waits. If you play him as a scheme runner then believe me, he'll get the scheme markers you need down well before he runs out of flicker.

As for the Terracotta Warrior, I think he'll be great for Brewmaster in particular. Basically it makes Running Tab (The one that lets you take Tri Chi?) worth taking, since you can now swap it out for something useful, like Misdirection, in the first turn. ;)

• Like 4

mf2e.com/archive/mf2e_3.mp3
At 53 minutes, Justin talks about the Horseman and the Terracotta Warrior.

Absolutely loving that horse btw. The rider looks like he's having the time of his life and that horse is smug AF. I can see myself taking him a fair bit, even with that cost. The huge mobility is always nice and the threat range is insane. Pair that off with something pushing and pulling him and I can see Yu dragging a fast horseman towards Asami every turn only to bounce it off on a charge again for a potential 6 attacks a turn. Which, especially with the + to attack flips, will at least drain a hand if not outright kill everything in sight. 
I know it's largely fueled by looks but god I love it.

Out f curiosity, arer there any other Dual Faction 10 Thunders model in the book, aside from the Gremlin / 10 Thunders Oni?

I know that the haunted Samurai from Ressers is a Retainer and a 10 Thunders Yan Lo can take him (I like the look of the model). Anything else? I thought Outcast had some 10 Thunderishy minions...

18 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Out f curiosity, arer there any other Dual Faction 10 Thunders model in the book, aside from the Gremlin / 10 Thunders Oni?

I know that the haunted Samurai from Ressers is a Retainer and a 10 Thunders Yan Lo can take him (I like the look of the model). Anything else? I thought Outcast had some 10 Thunderishy minions...

They're Last Blossom Bandits, but not 10T. So Misaki could take them in 10T.

So far I think the impetuous modeling options for the new book are:

• Yasunori represented by Kamen Rider w/ bike
    • Does Kamen Rider have an established steampunk costume?
    • Are the Kamen Rider candy toys the right size for a 40mm or 50mm base?
  • Museum gift shop Terracotta Warriors

Is there anything else so far?

7 minutes ago, solkan said:
    • Does Kamen Rider have an established steampunk costume?

More or less. I would go with Kamen Rider 4, he has that Warld War One Pilot look and thus with a bit of painting can be like Zipp

latest?cb=20150926104420 

The Toys aren't anything like the size of the figurines. There is a line that might fit, but in comparision to the minis it will be much of (not much detail). And there wont be any bike with the figurine.

9 minutes ago, solkan said:

Ah, darn it.  I was hoping the Kamen Rider stuff would be closer in size to the Assault Kingdom figures.  And I think the Converge Kamen Rider ones are going to look too silly. :(

Then there is the Option to shell out mad cash for your very own miniature :s

Just now, Kobayashi said:

Then there is the Option to shell out mad cash for your very own miniature :s

The point of all of this was for proxies for the not-even-scheduled-yet Ripples of Fate models.  It could be months of "If only I had that model, I could have"s.  :huh:

17 minutes ago, solkan said:

The point of all of this was for proxies for the not-even-scheduled-yet Ripples of Fate models.  It could be months of "If only I had that model, I could have"s.  :huh:

In that case, there is a line comparing to Assault Kingdoms, but it Looks clunky and no bikes, I have some figures... and here is an old picutre. I don't know if #4 is also released so far.

B_Uzm5XW0AAMVCS.jpg:large

Left to Right: Kamen Rider Fourze; Kamen Rider Eternal; Kamen Rider Gaim (Kiwami Arms)

25 minutes ago, solkan said:

The Toyline for Kamen Rider is the 66 Action line. I regoogled it, had something with a 3 in mind. Sorry.