Mortarion's Malifaux models

Mortarion

Awesome! I was halfway through painting these models (madnesses) in a similar way but gave up when I couldn't balance the colours out. Totally going to steal a piece of mind off you on the gradients and adding in those creepy fleshtones.

Speaking of fleshtones I think your faces in general look excellent. I find it hard to get a good level of contrast and keep things looking natural and you've done that really well, Hoffman and Santiago stand out to me in particular. Mind if I ask what paints you tend to use for your skin-tones?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's been a while since I posted anything. I've had a lot to do at work, and my hobby time had gone to other stuff. In fact, it has been so little painting that the Guild decided to send two impartial investigators to find the truth about what happened.

yxkKBia.jpg
After careful investigation we have concluded that the Guild is definately not to blame for the lack of painting. 

nDiiver.jpg
Allthough it might not be clearly visible on the photos, I added a bloody knife to the base, so that she would have something to investigate.

E4IDH8D.jpg
I thought a bit about which colour to use for the carpet. A light colour (like in the illustration) would look good and provide some opportunity to paint blood stains. However, I decided that it would also push the model to far into pure comedy territory. If you are going to dispatch of a bloody corpse it is stupid to use a light carpet as the blood would soak through. A red carpey would make that much less obvious. So I went for a red carpet.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

More models!

2C39Pya.jpg
First up is an Arcane effigy. This one had been sitting on my painting table for a while since I could not decide on a colour scheme. I felt I needed to come up with a colour scheme for Arcanists in general. But after some thinkingI decided to just paint him like my Neverborn instead. My main use for it would be Collodi anyway. And then things became much easier.

hSBFo8v.jpg
And a third Bunraku. Hard to get a good picture of this one because of the pose. 

aZFwG69.jpg
And finally Master Queeg. The face look a bit strange on the picture because of the light, but it looks better in reality. I wanted to do something with the vest, so I tried to do an embroidered Guild symbol. I wanted it to be quite subtle and I think I succeeded.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

So, after a long break while waiting for M3E I am now back to painting Malifaux. 

This model have been following Lady Justice around claiming to be her totem. It must be a trick, because he looks nothing like the Brutal Effigy. Maybe the new governor is behind this...
gMsLhYX.jpg
uZhSXkg.jpg

I thought a bit about the colour of the robes. In the end I settled for beige/sand colour, since it would look impartial and allow the blood to show.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...