Enforcer Brawl

valhallan42nd

We're playing this at the Nova Open, and I'm wondering what you would pick.

General rules are thus:

You can choose any one enforcer, and can have any legal upgrade.

3 points for killing or sacrificing an opposing model

1 point for putting at least one wound on an unwounded opposing model (This can stack
with killing the model!)

1 point for a turn in which you didn’t die

-3 points for your model being killed or sacrificed

You can set up anywhere on the board that's not within six inches of an opposing model. If you die, you regen and pop up within six inches of a board edge. Play is over six rounds.

Who do you choose?

Either a rail golem with imbued energies or a coryphee duet with either energies or protection. Both have armour +2 and additional attacks coryphee duet has built in healing is hard to hit and most opponents will need to use 1 action to engage it the sheer damage potential of the rail golem is huge and the relatively low ml is offset by most opponents having similar df.

I'd choose speed and action count over much of anything else. Does summoning work? I.E. what happens if someone brings Lenny with Love it Pet it?

Blessed of December comes to mind ... unimpeded, ability to self-heal, immune to horror/paralyzed, hard to wound, and highly accurate attacks (for snagging points by stacking wound deal). Plus a 0 with leap. I would think a 0 is mandatory on any model you pick, so that you're doing as many things a turn as possible.

Gracie is also intriguing with armor, hard to kill, reactivation, unimpedied, self-heal-on-kill, etc.

Ubume for the hazardous flips, and thus being able to rely on moves and less on attack actions to inflict damage and earn points.

This is an interesting one to think of. I'll have to drop in on the room with Mack and Justin and see how it's going.

According to the rules set, the only model that can earn points is the enforcer itself, though all models killed gain points. Thus, summoning is highly discouraged.

Gracie would be a contender, certainly.  Anything with Hard to Kill and a heal really is.

Remember, though, you only have a four card hand, and no stones to draw. That can really change the dynamic. Are there any enforcers with Bayou two card? Card advantage might be important.

As for Bete, that might be one to look out for. Keep that high card in hand! Of course, if you're not on the board at the end of the turn, you miss out on that 1 point per turn bonus, so factor that into your choice.

BTW

Our plan is to have as many arenas running as we can at the start, six people to a table, and then take the winners from each of the tables and move them to the grand melee. How it works will all depends on the numbers we get for the event, but I think it's gonna be a fun time had by all.

I mean, there's a reason people still play free-for-all death match FPSs. Being the biggest billy bad mamba-jamaba on the board is fun bragging rights.

According to the rules set, the only model that can earn points is the enforcer itself, though all models killed gain points. Thus, summoning is highly discouraged.

Remember, though, you only have a four card hand, and no stones to draw. That can really change the dynamic. Are there any enforcers with Bayou two card? Card advantage might be important.

Well, the four card hand wasn't listed in the General rules, are there any other rules that we should consider in our choices?

The Sow: worth a nice nine points a pop because of the piglets :D

More seriously though, a Whiskey Golem with the Flurry upgrade might be very nice actually, as it's durable and killy when it needs to be.

Or Howard Langston with Imbued Protection. One or the other, really.

Edit: I just realized that the smaller hand-size makes Howard's Decapitate trigger absolutely horrible - him for sure, then.

(OK, OK, who am I kidding? Pere Ravage!)

Well, the four card hand wasn't listed in the General rules, are there any other rules that we should consider in our choices?

It's in the fourth paragraph of the rules section 7.1

"Unlike normal games of Malifaux, players will have a Control Hand of 4 cards, not 6."

I did notice a typo in the rules for points, though, so I'll have to fix that.  I'll go over the rules again to see if there are any gaps.

My bad, I thought you were looking at the Nova Open rules doc, not my initial post. Mea culpa... The only other rules thing is that deployment and initiative are no longer "Winner chooses", it's highest card goes last/first, respectively.