Lead-Lined Coat

Fireuser

I've used it frequently my prime candidate tends to be teh Lone Marshal as vs shooting it makes him effectively armor 3 as bullet proof is not armor allowing the two abilities to stake and him to take the upgrade. On henchman it tends to be superceded by other things and to be fair I'm finding it less and less useful as i'm testing out builds. However against high dmg crews the extra armor has proved its worth. but with healing coming into the faction via the guardian I think I'll save the stones and invest them in said guardian.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

sadly joel it provides no benefit if they already have armor.

i take it fairly often with hit and miss results. most often i use it on samael and fransisco.

sam is woefully easy to kill much of the time and i find that i can usually live through one dedicated assault if i stone properly and then retaliate.

i use it on fransisco with wade in. it usually takes an extra hit, sometimes two to bring him to hard to kill, then the healing flip seems to mean more in theory. in actuality he always flips healing for 1 damage, but thats enough for another hard to kill moment.

i feel that it might be a decent choice with the judge and hard to wound, but I don't play lady J.

2 points is steep and warrants much consideration. for 1 i would take as many as i could methinks.

Just some random numbers for fun. Obviously its amazing against 2 damage by doubling your durability, but beyond that, it generally lets you survive about 1 more hit. For models with 7-10 Wds, you get one more hit at 3-4 damage. At 5 damage you need at least 9 wounds to see any effect and its irrelevant for damage 6.

Even when you stack things like Hard to Kill it pretty much has the same effect: crippling damage 2 and giving you one more chance against 3-4 damage shots. Interesting enough, that's pretty true of Armor in general, but the range goes up with each point. For example, the Lone Marshal's bullet proof makes this extra hit occur in the 5-6 range.

Obviously, damage doesn't happen at a that consistent of a rate, but its probably a good guideline for whether or not you should buy the upgrade. For the most part what it does is give you 1 more hit vs damage 3-4 attacks.

I usually take it on Sam. That armor 1 just gives him that little bump in survivability that he needs.

Other than that, pretty much never, but the Witchling Handler and a couple of the smaller enforcers might like it, I guess.

I agree it feels a bit too expensive, though. If it could add to existing armor, or go on any enforcer/henchman, regardless of living status, the cost would feel more appropriate.

I take the Lead Lined Coat fairly often. Many models are tanky but can always do with some additional protection (Sidir, Fancisco and the Judge come to mind). Others that are more focused on dishing out damage also tend to be given the LLC when I'm using them (Executioner and Samael for example). I think it's pretty handy however I only pay for it if there are points to spare and that isn't always the case.