dgraz's new painting thread

dgraz

Awesome! I really like the softened transition between the red and the yellow. The join with the blue is a bit abrupt but I imagine it would look even more amazing if you'd been able to do the black patches to break it up.

They look really great all together. :)

• Like 1

Thanks all. I agree that the blue change is abrupt, but just following the real frog.....it probably wouldn't seem as big if the spots were there as you say.

She came out great! What did you do with the blacks in the end?

Whatever you're getting paid, it's not enough... ;)

Heh. The black doesn't really meet up against the blue very much where it needed highlighting, so I only did the cool black.....Instead of multiple cools, I mixed blue and purple into the black and just used deck tan to lighten it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. It's a piece of pine bark with some green stuff mushrooms on it. There's going to be much more foliage on all of these bases once the entire crew is complete.

I'm going to have to take pics of Juju again. I was in a hurry and I didn't realize how blurry he came out.

Models with a lot of texture on them, such as these with foliage, roots etc. really benefit from this type of highlights. Working your way up each color instead of just drybrushing the whole thing makes them look more alive. Great job on this bunch, keep it up!

• Like 1

Thanks. Totally agree on the drybrushing thing. Same with the NE Teddy I did.....it was a lot of extra work and could have been done in half the time with some dry brushing, but I think it's worth the effort.

I suck at sculpting, but figured I could handle some elephant ear mushrooms......the laaaast thing I expected was a compliment on my sculpting.....so thanks a lot for that.

• 2 weeks later...