What’s up with Tara.

Duck21

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think leaking stuff a company shows you under NDA agreement or anything like it is pretty disgusting, it will be hard to identify the leak definitively. Though a blog with a .ca ending, written in French, might narrow it down some.

It would be far more practical to just stop providing art previews to henchmen or testers, and I'd bet that that's crossed Wyrd's minds as an option.

It would be far more practical to just stop providing art previews to henchmen or testers, and I'd bet that that's crossed Wyrd's minds as an option.

Its happened already, a couple times over the years. As they say this is why we can't have anything nice.

Edited by Omenbringer

While I think leaking stuff a company shows you under NDA agreement or anything like it is pretty disgusting, it will be hard to identify the leak definitively. Though a blog with a .ca ending, written in French, might narrow it down some.

So, does Mako have a french canadian blog?

As someone who hasn't been able to keep up with gaming at all since I lost my job, I will say that I'm glad to have found the Tara imagine online as now I have just enough lead time to save my pennies up to hopefully get the Nightmare Tara during the GenCon online sale. That artwork is full of win, especially considering my current gaming interests.

Well the art is up on the Dead Tau blog now which I think makes it public domain. (On a side note, I hope it might tempt Bill into giving ME2 a shot, that was a great podcast).

I was likely to get Tara before I knew anything about her but after seeing her monsters I'm totally signed up for it. Not so bothered about her or the totem but I'm down for the evil critters.

Well the art is up on the Dead Tau blog now which I think makes it public domain. (On a side note, I hope it might tempt Bill into giving ME2 a shot, that was a great podcast).

Pardon my lackluster knowledge of blogging and public domain, but when does being posted on an unofficial blog imply that material is for public eyes? (Also you are mixing up the term public domain with another term although i am not sure what the proper term is.) the blog could be posting this before it is legally permissible (where applicable) to do so. That doesnt make it either publicly released or morally right.

~Lil Kalki

:) so you realize i am not attempting a confrontation lol

My blog does not make anything official... I cannot imagine the chaos that would ensue if it did.

I did put up a post pointing to the french blog, sharing my Google search to find the blog and art, and adding some opinions on my blog. I do like the art, it looks pretty cool. I will probably pick up the crew, and possibly even pick up the nightmare set during Gencon. It's not enough to change my opinion of V2 however.

That said, I am already making plans to set-up 2 recordings for the near future. There are lots of things in the works but there should be at least 1 (possibly 2 depending on length) shows coming out before Gencon.

*grin* so Lil Kalki realizes at least I did not take the post as confrontation

*grin* cause I like the grinning smiley

As someone who hasn't been able to keep up with gaming at all since I lost my job, I will say that I'm glad to have found the Tara imagine online as now I have just enough lead time to save my pennies up to hopefully get the Nightmare Tara during the GenCon online sale. That artwork is full of win, especially considering my current gaming interests.

I don't think public domain means what you seem to think it means. Public domain is about ownership, not public accessibility. I can download a pdf of Harry Potter, but it's still Rowling's intellectual property and thus it is not public domain.

I don't think public domain means what you seem to think it means. Public domain is about ownership, not public accessibility. I can download a pdf of Harry Potter, but it's still Rowling's intellectual property and thus it is not public domain.

I tried, and failed, to put that point as well as this. Kudos, Piranhamoose :)

~Lil Kalki

I tried, and failed, to put that point as well as this. Kudos, Piranhamoose :)

~Lil Kalki

Thanks. I've done a bit of research on this.

Intellectual property isn't really the issue here though. If this person acquired the photo either by signing a NDA or through someone else who signed a NDA, then it falls under breach of contract, not copyright violation. It would only be a copyright violation if there was direct monetary gain by posting the image and/or a loss of revenue for the owner (either Wyrd or the artist depending on the contract between the two).

Disclaimer: This information may be outdated, and also I'm not a qualified expert on the subject, so do your own research if you want to know for sure.

Thanks. I've done a bit of research on this.

Intellectual property isn't really the issue here though. If this person acquired the photo either by signing a NDA or through someone else who signed a NDA, then it falls under breach of contract, not copyright violation. It would only be a copyright violation if there was direct monetary gain by posting the image and/or a loss of revenue for the owner (either Wyrd or the artist depending on the contract between the two).

Disclaimer: This information may be outdated, and also I'm not a qualified expert on the subject, so do your own research if you want to know for sure.

It'd be a copyright violation too, but damages would be negligible.

Maybe its the normal box artwork and not the special one. And this was supposed to come out much later.

That's a good point, however it might be beneficial for people to see both. When faced with the opportunity to purchase a special edition model, I would like to know what the standard model looks like. Under the assumption that it's the nightmare edition concept art, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what the standard crew would look like, other than Tara and Katarina looking a little more tame.

That's actually what I'd like to know as well, is this the normal or the nightmare?

And is there any info on how Tara plays? Stats or anything?

No stats yet, but the Dead of Winter Story might shed some light on her, at least fluff-wise.

With as many changes as were made to models during the open beta, there's no way that anyone in the closed beta (aside from the devs) would be able to paint a clear picture of what she can do, NDAs notwithstanding.

Rules speculations (or lack thereof) aside, the art looks interesting. Not too sold on what looks like a pre-brillanced version of the female Illuminated, but I guess there are only so many dress styles to go around. It's the monsters that sell it.

I have to read it then. Talkong about fluff, is most of the fluff readable in the rulebooks? I've read the chronicles but they don't have that much of it, I think. What rulebook should I buy if I want to get on board with the story?

I have to read it then. Talkong about fluff, is most of the fluff readable in the rulebooks? I've read the chronicles but they don't have that much of it, I think. What rulebook should I buy if I want to get on board with the story?

The story starts in book 1 / 1.5, and continues through book 2 (which contains the Event that leads to the avatars), then 3 wraps up the Event, albeit a bit out of order from character to character. Book 4 has more of the story, but it tends to focus on the influx of the Ten Thunders. The Chronicles do give snippets of fluff, but not all of it is linked to the overarching storyline. Still worth the read, though.

I actually just started reading the story pieces out of the rule books after playing for almost four years. In my honest opinion, so far, the way they manage to get all the different characters to interact in such short periods of time feels a little forced and they don't do much writing that adds to character depth (because they probably just don't have the room for it in the rule books) however, the writing is still pretty decent. That being said, I've only finished book one fluff and the very first part of book two, so I'm sure it gets better.

The Dead of Winter fluff is available under the downloads section on the Malifaux site.