Plastic Witchling Stalker

theJudge

One thing people may not have noticed, the sprue is a single piece unto itself, I remember there being much talk about people being worried that the only way they would be able to get multiple witchling stalkers would be re-buying the Sonniaa Creed starter set. If it was part of that it would all be on a single sprue , we'd notice the cut marks.

That's a promo miniature being given away in a magazine - so the sprue layout as well as the included base aren't the norm.

I was afraid of that. So if I want to play with 6 witchling stalkers (and I don't have access to the old models) I need two Sonnia boxes? Booo.

I was hoping because of the change to plastics, there would be access to single/due/triple of the same models in other sku's.

I was afraid of that. So if I want to play with 6 witchling stalkers (and I don't have access to the old models) I need two Sonnia boxes? Booo.

I was hoping because of the change to plastics, there would be access to single/due/triple of the same models in other sku's.

Don't have access to? Buying a blister of the old Stalkers is about $15, whereas a crew is going to be $35 or so.

I *LOVE* this miniature. I'm going to have a blast painting it, and I don't even follow the Guild. Go, Wyrd!

The single pose doesn't bother me at all. Each of the three models will have its own pose as usual, right? Unless you're running four at a time and want to distinguish the duplicates, I wouldn't expect the model's poseability to be a big deal.

Don't have access to? Buying a blister of the old Stalkers is about $15, whereas a crew is going to be $35 or so.

I think it's optimistic to think that the metal blisters will still be on shelves when the plastic releases come out. Admittedly there's eBay, but if you want new models, you won't have access to additional minions without buying additional crew sets.

I think it's optimistic to think that the metal blisters will still be on shelves when the plastic releases come out. Admittedly there's eBay, but if you want new models, you won't have access to additional minions without buying additional crew sets.

Old blisters would probably need a price increase to justify it, but I hope they keep any blisters that are already made available at least in some manner. No sense in wasting old sculpts that still have a reason to be sold.

Old blisters would probably need a price increase to justify it, but I hope they keep any blisters that are already made available at least in some manner. No sense in wasting old sculpts that still have a reason to be sold.

Keep to the same molds but use a different material? Resin seems to work well in spin molds.

Unless there's some issue of saving money by no longer having to pay royalties on old sculpts, or some such.

Supposedly the cost of metals went up, but so many companies still use it -and- charge less per comparable model than Wyrd does, which is surprising when we consider how affordable Wyrd's models are.