Yan lo trick anyone tried it yet?

Tiny

So with the release of new books i like back over and read through all the old minions with a fresh pair of eyes after seeing the rules for the new minions/masters we get. Should also say i've been trying to make the nurse viable in a crew of mine outside of giving seamus an extra shot before he manifests.

So basically the meat of the crew is this:

Ressurectionists Crew - 30 - Scrap

Yan Lo -- 8 Pool

Soul Porter [2ss]

Chiaki, the Niece [5ss]

Izamu, the Armor [10ss]

Nurse [5ss]

Then just add whatever you like for 5-6 stones so you can have yan with 7-8 stones which he wants.

So what do you do? Basically your activation order would be Nurse - Izamu - soul porter - yan - chiaki - izamu.

1. Nurse casts Speed and Stimulant on Izamu, then uses whichever (0) you feel will help you out the most. This guys izamu cb 10 and ++ on melee dmg with 6/8 wk/cg

2. Izamu activates his first activation and wrecks something

3. Izamu's second activation and continues to wreck things, now if you are worried about his corpse counters being stolen by another resser, or destroyed by lady j, or eaten by a pig you can do this as part of a companion chain with Yan lo.

4. Soul Porter activates, can give izamu a couple of walks if he's already killed the guys in the immediate area or needs to be closer to yan for his tokens to be in range, or he just casts one of yan's spells, depends on the situation. He kills Izamu with his (0).

5. Yan activates, resummons him with 6 wds from his 3 counters, then heals him or does w/e up to you and the situation.

6. Chiaki activates removes his slow then does whatever else she needs to do.

7. Izamu activates for the 3rd time and continues to wreak havoc whilst not being slow.

So what do you need to pull this off? 2x 8+ of any suit for speed and stimulant from the nurse. 10 of crows for yan to resummon izamu and finally a 9 of any suit on chiaki to remove slow. So fairly upper mid range cards you could count on being able to do this reliably i'd say twice a game. And those turns stuff is going to die!

What you guys think? Anyone done it yet?

I might try it. Seems gimmicky. But I'll try it. doesn't all that stuff the nurse does end up sacrificing the model it affected?

That's why you need to Soul Cage it from Soul Porter so that it just dies and drops corpse counters before the end of the turn.

Of course, if some industrious sort sees you have a nurse and Izamu in play, they might consider trying to paralyze or kill the Soul Porter as soon as the Nurse casts on Izamu. You still gonna get hit in the face hard that turn, but hopefully he is gone then.

The Godlyness, right you are! I was on my way out to a puscifer concert so must have been a bit distracted when i posted that. EVEN EASIER!

@ Gruesome, even if your opponent kills/paralyzes the soul porter yan lo should end up with Izamu's card on him and able to summon again if he has the corpse counters and if you're facing something that drops them thats a good chance in his 2 activations he would have created some counters himself.(from killing a lot)

Will be giving it a shot myself on friday or on vassal the next few days. Let me know how you guys go with it!

@ Gruesome, even if your opponent kills/paralyzes the soul porter yan lo should end up with Izamu's card on him and able to summon again if he has the corpse counters and if you're facing something that drops them thats a good chance in his 2 activations he would have created some counters himself.(from killing a lot)

Interesting. Had to reread the relic ability. It does not have anything to do with being killed. It just says "removed from game". Good point. :)

It's a neat variation of the Izamu cycling trick that is well thought out. I just don't know how much it's needed. I'm not certain how much the nurse is needed. I've found plain old just cycling Izamu works well enough, and with Chiaki in the list I often don't have space for another 5 stones of support.

Interesting variation though if you play against opponents whose crews don't make taking Chiaki a necessity.