Your picks for Best Defensive Triggers

Jonas Albrecht

Tomes seems to be the suit for "Shut you down" type defense triggers. My top three all use them:

Shielded (:tomes): +4 Armor is pretty snacktackular. The downside is that the low Def on the Guardian means you're going to have trouble getting to that magic difference of 5 or less, meaning they'll likely be able to cheat in a severe... should they want to waste it on a Guardian.

Sub Zero (:tomes): Kind of useless against models during a charge (provided they don't have Melee Master/Expert), but the ability to just up and end someone's activation is great. Grrrreat!

Blinding Flash (:tomes): Similar to Sub Zero, but if you do it on their last AP, you can screw them over on their next turn.

The reason these are my picks for best is that they add value to the low tomes you might otherwise only have use for as pitchbait. This also means that you'll more often than not be able to use the triggers too.

I also like:

Riposte/Faster n' You (:rams :masks): The only thing worse than a miss is a miss that damages yourself.

I love and hate Riposte. I love it when my model(s) have it and hate when I have to play against it. You always have to be weary of a Lady J player rushing up the board seemingly fearless because he/she more than likely has a fist full of masks in his hand.

I have also had some fun recently with Izamu bolstered to Df-7 and dropping double digit masks on defense, wacking the crap out of the attacker and getting healing flips off on severe damage to boot. Very nasty, adds insult to injury.

Disappear, proper manners, Expose Fears, these are a few of my favorite things.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I have also had some fun recently with Izamu bolstered to Df-7 and dropping double digit masks on defense, wacking the crap out of the attacker and getting healing flips off on severe damage to boot. Very nasty, adds insult to injury.

I think that Izamu would not heal from this because he inflicts damage without actually making a strike, which is not the same as making a melee strike then doing severe damage.

I think that Izamu would not heal from this because he inflicts damage without actually making a strike, which is not the same as making a melee strike then doing severe damage.

Sadly I think you are right...

His Dadao specifically says he gets healing flip from a Strike whereas riposte does not say you are making a strike, it says you simply "inflict" damage as if you had been the attacker.

korrosion is a jerkface that plays with dolls

Not a trigger but southern charm is badass. In the other thread that was talking about buffs all lasting to next activation this is probably one of the main abilities why it wouldn't happen for every ability. I could see most getting buff but some just shouldn't (southern charm + mirrors is even better damn near impervious cassie).

For triggers I like the run away type ones on gremlins and lynch also the free attacks on misses our good as well for out of activation swings.